Sponsored

Please Introduce 392 Hemi Gladiator

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Over the last two years, the amount of guys cross shopping the Gladiator and Raptor has been staggering. Now that TRX is in the game, the idea of cannibalizing sales is a real threat.

I personally think the EcoDiesel is the perfect powerplant for the Gladiator. Gobs of torque and where you need it in the RPM band, without the 12 miles per gallon that comes with a V8. But having said that, a V8 is a more reliable engine long term.
Can you quantify or define "staggering"?

Not trying to be argumentative and my opinion is just that, an opinion. I have yet to see a sales break down on Raptors and the TRX is to new to gauge but given the high retail sale and even resale price of Raptors, I do not think there has even been a peak saturation of the high end performance truck market to know where things have had parasitic loss from competition.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
... I do not think there has even been a peak saturation of the high end performance truck market ...
I would think we're near the top with this:
Jeep Gladiator Please Introduce 392 Hemi Gladiator 1633617850696

I am no EV fanboy but sub-4 second 0-60 in something that heavy is what I'd call 'staggering' as well as the PRICE LOL

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I would think we're near the top with this:
Jeep Gladiator Please Introduce 392 Hemi Gladiator 1633617850696

I am no EV fanboy but sub-4 second 0-60 in something that heavy is what I'd call 'staggering' as well as the PRICE LOL
The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is quicker than that.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
V8 or V6T in the Ranger would wreck havoc on the Raptor. The amount of building up the Ranger would need would basically make it a mid sized trophy truck. It would be a great vehicle but the Raptor suddenly becomes second thought esp on price.

So the competitive force isn't going to come from Ford. Now if GM was smart they would see the Raptor and TRX and be the ones to build out a Colorado that way.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi

Not trying to be argumentative and my opinion is just that, an opinion. I have yet to see a sales break down on Raptors and the TRX is to new to gauge but given the high retail sale and even resale price of Raptors, I do not think there has even been a peak saturation of the high end performance truck market to know where things have had parasitic loss from competition.
Just look on the forums and Reddit to see how many people are going from a Raptor to a Gladiator and not a TRX. Including myself. A V8 would make even more people jump ship because Raptor shoppers have been dying for an n/a V8 performance truck since the 6.2L Gen 1 was replaced. Yes, the TRX is performance king but the Raptor did super well with an N/A V8 and many many Raptor owners and shoppers would snap up a Gladiator 392 with Mojave running gear in a second (including myself).

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah, I mean we see it all the time on the forums. "Hey guys, I'm new here. Just traded my Raptor in on this Gladiator...."

By staggering I mean extremely common.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
A 6.4L would be out of my price range for sure. However a 5.7L would truly have me thinking about trading my Pentastar. I miss that engine a bunch.
Yep the 5.7 was nice but I suspect even if Jeep did put on in likely would make the pricing to where you have to take out second mortgage to buy it based on the pricing for the 3.6.

Also most people in real world don't use these Gladiators for anything more than daily drivers or utility trucks. So the likely hood that Jeep will change things for a small base would seem likely but ya never know

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Ford can go to hell. This Bronco fiasco is enough to make me want to never, ever, ever buy a Ford.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If they're going to do the Hemi, do the 6.4. The 5.7 has pretty widespread cam/lifter issues, and costwise it wouldn't save anything to do the 5.7. The 6.4 is the base engine in the Ram HD trucks. There's nothing special about it. Jeep just gouges for that package on the Wrangler because they can, so they'd do the same if it were a 5.7 under that hood.

shredX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
A 6.4L would be out of my price range for sure. However a 5.7L would truly have me thinking about trading my Pentastar. I miss that engine a bunch.
100% agreement here. The Hemi is aprx $3k add on for the GC. Give us that engine. I swore to my wife my Mojave is a "keeper", but if the 5.7 is released I'm sprinting to the dealer.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Ford can go to hell. This Bronco fiasco is enough to make me want to never, ever, ever buy a Ford.
I don't think the Bronco "fiasco" is nearly as big as Jeepers are making it out to be.

Shortages are everywhere. Quality problems will arise with the first year. This is normal stuff.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
If Ford puts a big engine in the ranger, Jeep is sure to follow with the Gladiator. That's what's been happening with the Bronco and Wrangler.

Ford puts a high HP engine in, Jeep drops in the 392. Ford offers the Sasquatch package, Jeep comes out with the Recon Extreme package to match. Now there are rumors that Ford is going to offer a 37" tire package on the Bronco.

We can only hope Ford pushes jeep with the gladiator via the Ranger
Yes, and Ford also dropped the Bronco Truck. I'd love to have been a fly on the board room wall when that was decided.

Yes, Jeep could decide to put a V-8 in the Gladiator. Then again, they may decide that it's just fine as-is. I would have a hard time thinking that Jeep doesn't know how many people want the 8 cylinder in the Gladiator.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I don't think the Bronco "fiasco" is nearly as big as Jeepers are making it out to be.

Shortages are everywhere. Quality problems will arise with the first year. This is normal stuff.
Nah. I’m not a “Jeeper,” I now have a Jeep but I also have two Bronco reservations. 14+ months of waiting without a peep. No idea how it’s going; airbag recalls, allocation nonsense, hardtop issues. Now they’re doubling down on allocations:

Jeep Gladiator Please Introduce 392 Hemi Gladiator 9C7D948F-75DC-4695-A364-6CA4A4686350

Ya’ll thought people ordering sports and Mojave’s getting built first was bad? Try ordering a car in mid 2020 that you’re not sure will even come by 2023. I chose a dealer that did deals like Gupton, we’re all screwed. Because Ford is prioritizing dealers over their reservation holders. I’ve seen people order a Bronco 2 months ago have a build date merely because they chose a dealer that had “allocation.” Why would a dealers 3 year sales history affect my reservation they said would be built in timestamp order?

It’s a mess and people are rightfully pissed.
Sponsored