Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
Anyone else interested?
Please Jeep even if it’s a Limited Edition until the full on electrification thing happens.
Please Jeep even if you can’t shoe horn it in the front, put it in the bed and make a frunk out front
or a fuel tank.
Stop with the 4 and 6 cylinders and bring an eight out.
I want/need to hear a Hemi roar from the gladiator.
Maybe Mr. Morrison follows this forum……please.
They did it in the JLU, don’t discriminate against the JT owners, it’s not right.
SRT JT I like the way that rolls off the tongue.

Now back to reality.🤪
Why would someone want a 392 hemi Gladiator when there is a diesel gladiator? Who wants 10 miles to the gallon? Wouldn't the next logical step be electric? I actually have the gladiator diesel coming from a V8 Camaro. And I have to say, it was the right purchase for me. I get 18 miles to the gallon, with 37s &. mods. The torque is enough for a bit of fun driving, but if I want to go fast, then I'll get a tesla 😂 . Just trying to understand the logic?
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Why would someone want a 392 hemi Gladiator?
Just trying to understand the logic?
I think a lot of it is the sound.
And unease/ignorance/laziness regarding owning a diesel.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Why would someone want a 392 hemi Gladiator when there is a diesel gladiator? Who wants 10 miles to the gallon? Wouldn't the next logical step be electric? I actually have the gladiator diesel coming from a V8 Camaro. And I have to say, it was the right purchase for me. I get 18 miles to the gallon, with 37s &. mods. The torque is enough for a bit of fun driving, but if I want to go fast, then I'll get a tesla 😂 . Just trying to understand the logic?
Because the 392 is awesome that’s why.

Eaglebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Anyone else interested?
Please Jeep even if it’s a Limited Edition until the full on electrification thing happens.
Please Jeep even if you can’t shoe horn it in the front, put it in the bed and make a frunk out front
or a fuel tank.
Stop with the 4 and 6 cylinders and bring an eight out.
I want/need to hear a Hemi roar from the gladiator.
Maybe Mr. Morrison follows this forum……please.
They did it in the JLU, don’t discriminate against the JT owners, it’s not right.
SRT JT I like the way that rolls off the tongue.

Now back to reality.🤪
Admittedly I miss the rumble in my Z71, but I do not miss the has mileage. I like the Pentastar for my needs, but I do wish I could butch up the exhaust a bit. It does not need more noise to attract attention, but it would get more with it.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Umm….. DEF, Recirc, particulate filters, diesel fuel, no deletes, etc to name just a few.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I personally think the EcoDiesel is the perfect powerplant for the Gladiator. Gobs of torque and where you need it in the RPM band, without the 12 miles per gallon that comes with a V8. But having said that, a V8 is a more reliable engine long term.
I completely agree that the diesel is the perfect engine in the gladiator. With the 8 speed, it's the perfect match. Good MPG, a lot of torque and it just keeps on pulling. I just hope that this engine lasts to 100k miles. That's about when I'll be ready to trade it in.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
I just want a 5.7 hemi in it

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
Not everyone cares about mpg, but I bet it would be more like 14-15 than 10. I'd prefer not to have all that complexity of hybrid or modern diesel.

Good ol' pushrod V8 is fine with me. I'd be happy with any V8. I'd probably get the 5.7 if it was an option.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I cross shopped a Rebel, Power Wagon, Raptor, but settled on a JTR. As I didn't need a full sized truck. But I agree and have already told the wife that if a v8 gladiator was released regardless of which one, I'd be trading mine in for one.

Sponsored

ifishihuntiplay

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
manufactured sound, anybody? a lot of focus is on giving sound to electric vehicles so you don't get run over by one when you don't hear it coming. but they also have an "entertainment" category which can provide a variety of engine sounds to "enhance the driving experience."

https://evsoundsystem.com/ev-sounds/

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
This can't come out soon enough!

I still think Jeep would sell through the +/- 4k units of a 392 Gladiator a year at $90k loaded.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well heck, looks like the 5.7 motor has it. Me too, a working mans 5.7 for 4K or less. I would be in, fast!

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I totally agree that fast trucks aren't as fun on the street, but that power would be nice for towing and a tun of fun in a Mojave that was actually running high speed offroad stuff.

I just hate V6s. :)
Yea, good point of view, when I noticed this thread I went to the jeep site to pricr out a Wrangler 392, wow, fully loaded they go for the low $80,000's. That puts it right at the same price of a fully loaded CT4 Blackwing more or less...

So then the decision (and no right or wrong) gets down to point of view...Although I would like to see the Mojave have a more powerfull engine, for what it is intended for it is adaquate. Especially in its class. The HP class leader in midsize isthe Frointeir at 310HP so the Gladiator is just 9% less. Something tells me with that small a difference it will be the drivers skill rather than a few more ponies that will win the day in a dirt "race". Not to mention the Mojavies other lovely attributes including the gear ratio. So loaded, I get the best off-road capability for about $62,000 in the mid size class. And the utility of the Gladiator is probably better than anything in its class to.

Slap a 392 in it and now it becomes a new dynamic because of the $80K+ price. Yea doing spinouts and donuts in tha dirt/sand is fun - but all other things equal will likely get boring after a while.

So for me (personally, not saying for anyone else) the Mojove as is (is) a class leading off-roader and the extra 392 HP isn't going to buy "me" much, especially given we are talking about another 20,000$ (or more, no one knows how they would price a Gladiator w/392), in an already very pricy platform.

I is slighly analogus to a speed boat vs a sail boat...Yea, raw power (speed boat) is fun for a short time and it will do certain things for you that you can't do otherwisee, but it gets old and boring..

I much prefer a balances system (Mojave now) where thinking and skill comes into play (more) because you don't have excessive power (like a sailboat). More fun, never get board.

So I'd rather take that money a buy a CT4 Blackwing at 80,000$K+. That is where the excessive horsepower make sense (to me). With 472 HP and the ability to reach 190 MPH, it is just a more interesting way to chase HP/speed than something I will drive in the dirt.

But you have a 1,000% logical POV for you and I hope Jeep grants your wish some day.
Sponsored