Please tell me there's other soft top options

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Yeah I have a hard tonneau cover that will cover the back 1/3 of the bed 99% of the time anyway. It could rest on top of it and still be mostly out of site.

I'm pretty sure you can haul bicycles in a wrangler, even with lower towing capacity.

Aesthetics are one thing and trade offs are another. I do envy the smart ones that went with dual top option to begin with though... even if you decided you didn't want both it's not hard to find people who will buy it from you.
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Actually you don't have to point it out. I was at a jeep club meet and greet about 5 weeks ago and the soft top looking stupid was a pretty hot topic, even with the guys who had them installed. Wish they would of made it go down on the bed and rest there, I could give up a little rear view blockage to have it look respectable.
Compromise safety (rear view window blocked), or compromise the bed of the truck (the reason we have a JT vs JL? Sounds counter productive to me. All for looks?

but hey maybe if jeep would have added a rear camera into the rear view mirror, that sensed when the top was back it would kick on thus resolving the issue of having it block the rear view window the ugliness could be resolved?

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
Im guessing you guys never use your truck for truck stuff? If the soft top went into the box I'd have to leave it up most of the time. Always hauling bikes or something in the box. Defeats the purpose of the soft top and having a box entirely if the soft top folds into the box. Should have just bought a wrangler....
I'll be honest, I don't see why they couldn't have made it like the Wrangler 2 door top.
"Sunrider" position like it currently is that works when you have anything in the bed AND the slider that brings it down onto the bed rails.

I assume they would have to tweak the design a bit to clear the rear doors (perhaps more an issue than I give credit for) and maybe have it set a little further back, but it sure seems like the basic design would work.

Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options oftop-black-top-jeep-wrangler-jl-2door-installed-5

Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options p-wrangler-jl-2-Door-tinted-black-installed-folded

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that's the general feeling - we'd rather have a top that folded into the bed. I mean, what's the likelihood that someone is going to have a full load in the bed of their JT AND want the soft top down at the same time. Seems like a smaller price to pay for a top that proper folds down.

With it in constant sunrider mode it's louder and will get dirtier from road/bug splatter.
I guess I’m the only one that likes to have the top back when coming home from Lowe’s and running other errands with stuff in my bed…

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not. You're being really mellow dramatic.

You should have done your homework before dropping 50-60k on a truck. No one to blame but yourself.

Wahhh I bought a Jeep and its loud and uncomfortable.

No shit.

I drove mine 3hrs straight on the highway back from PA to CT when I bought mine with a top back and have zero complaints about comfort or noise level.
Dramatic about being dramatic?

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL...it was 40k and I admitted on the first page I should have reserached the softtop more. My fault for assuming someone had an actiual clue when designing it. Also, about my 15th soft top Jeep...and NOT A DAMN ONE were nearly as loud as this abomination.

But ti's all good...have the hardtop in my cart from Quadratec (what's another 3k right?). Just hoping there's something on the horizon that is not only more functional, but more aesthetic also. I WANT a softtop, just not this half assed attempt at one,.
mine is so loud Jeep is covering it under warranty. Many people on here assume because they don’t have issues with their JT, no one else should. Maybe you got a shitty ST or it wasn’t set up right, or it was a manufacture defect. My top was super quiet when I got it in oct 19’. When I took it in last week the service guy said he couldn’t believe how loud it was… he said he couldn’t barely speak on the phone when we got a call through apple play…

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im guessing you guys never use your truck for truck stuff? If the soft top went into the box I'd have to leave it up most of the time. Always hauling bikes or something in the box. Defeats the purpose of the soft top and having a box entirely if the soft top folds into the box. Should have just bought a wrangler....
totally agree…those self conscious individuals should have bought a JL

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I'm waiting for the Suntop Frameless to come out. I specifically didn't get the dual top because of how fugly it is. I'm also running a bed rack so a fold in the bed option is out of the question for me.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's been addressed earlier.

even if the top did store in the bed, that's a minimal amount- maybe a foot of bed space. that space can be easily recovered with a Jeep(tm) brand Jeep Truck(tm) bed extender, available at your nearest Mopar(tm) dealer for the low price of $899. Problem solved.
Addressed…. LOL. Who wants a crappy bed extender or a 3 foot bed because the too folds in the bed…? I guess a some on here. Buy a JL

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
even though it looks like a man bun- I don't care, Vikings wear Man buns- Go to Sweden and Norway, 6'8 300lb guys with man buns.......
Okay, then I accept man-buns for Vikings and Sumo's.
I am okay with long hair pulled into a pony-tail, especially for work. But a man-bun for the sake of a man-bun is just wrong. Belongs with skinny-legged jeans and a man-purse.

Sponsored

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
Its super easy to remove and much smaller and easier to handle than my JLU soft top. Its 4 bolts and voila. Best part is you can do it right in the bed of the truck by yourself. I have both and even with a winch and j-bar I can have the soft top and all 4 brackets on or off in half the time it takes to remove the hard top...

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
I'll be honest, I don't see why they couldn't have made it like the Wrangler 2 door top.
"Sunrider" position like it currently is that works when you have anything in the bed AND the slider that brings it down onto the bed rails.

I assume they would have to tweak the design a bit to clear the rear doors (perhaps more an issue than I give credit for) and maybe have it set a little further back, but it sure seems like the basic design would work.

Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options p-wrangler-jl-2-Door-tinted-black-installed-folded

I think you are on to something here! Bestop/Mopar take note!!!!

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired

even if the top did store in the bed, that's a minimal amount- maybe a foot of bed space. that space can be easily recovered with a Jeep(tm) brand Jeep Truck(tm) bed extender, available at your nearest Mopar(tm) dealer for the low price of $899. Problem solved.
I paid $200 for the AMP Bed XTender, got a $50 rebate and am quite satisfied. It's my 3rd truck to have one.

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect

Lol, no.
Sponsored