Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Any pointers? Post a video or something. Seriously. It's not that it's heavy, it's just awkward, and I don't want to break that back window glass. Show me how you do it. Or can you describe your method here?

I think I can do it myself, I've just been scared to try.
I lay a couple towels across the top of the bed rails. Then I open the back sliding window so I can get a good grip on the inside and it evens the weight out. I put my arm inside the open back glass and lift it up and grab it with my other free hand and walk to back and I then then sit it down on the top of the bed on the towels. Then I jump down and grab it off the back and put it in the garage.

It's pretty easy if you do it that way and you don't bang up the bed of the truck because the towels are there.
Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I get that but I could just remove my hardtop and set it in the garage. Soft tops supposed to be for convenience, just flip back and go, if I got to remove it to make it look right, might as well just remove the hard top.
One of the big reasons I went with the soft top over the hard top is that I can remove it and store it in the bed under my tonneau cover very easily. This works great when traveling as I have my top with me should the weather get bad and/or to button it up at night.

I also liked that if I choose to not carry it I can store it in very little space, just prop it up against any wall or under a bed.

Dealing with the hardtop & freedom panels on my Wrangler, particularly when traveling, is the biggest reason I went soft top on my Gladiator.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I got a bed cover so if it just folded down to the back of the bed right at the top half of it I would lose no more space than having my bed cover on and let's be real, who's hauling a bunch of crap in the bed with the top folded back
I do all the time.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I open the back window, put 1 arm inside and reach over with the other and grab the top edge and just lift, pivot and walk off the back. It's only about 80lbs.
You beat me to it but pretty much the same way I do it.:like:

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Tarp and bungee balls! Or the factory soft top............... Maybe next year Sun top will release there top in the U.S.A. !

Sped1

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I open the back window, put 1 arm inside and reach over with the other and grab the top edge and just lift, pivot and walk off the back. It's only about 80lbs.
tenor.gif

I really don't want to know how easy it can be.;) I have enough s**t in the garage right now. The Bestop sunrider does the job.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Unfortunately the only aftermarket ones I've seen (vaporware so far) all trade in the hipster man bun for 70's bangs. I don't get why they would want to have it roll up to the front of the windshield. Why is it so hard to give us a decent soft top that can roll/zip down to behind the rear seats? That's the only soft top I'll pay for. Until then, it's freedom panels under the tonneau or full top off.

Last edited:

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Unfortunate the only aftermarket ones I've seen (vaporware so far) all trade in the hipster man bun for 70's bangs. I don't get why they would want to have it roll up to the front of the windshield. Why is it so hard to give us a decent soft top that can roll/zip down to behind the rear seats. That's the only soft top I'll pay for. Until then, it's freedom panels under the tonneau or full top off.

If I had to guess, it's probably because the front of the top is anchored between the windshield and the bar above it. In order to keep it sealed (water and air tight) you probably can't "undo" it quickly and put it back quickly without letting in air/water.

Just a guess though.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunate the only aftermarket ones I've seen (vaporware so far) all trade in the hipster man bun for 70's bangs. I don't get why they would want to have it roll up to the front of the windshield. Why is it so hard to give us a decent soft top that can roll/zip down to behind the rear seats. That's the only soft top I'll pay for. Until then, it's freedom panels under the tonneau or full top off.
I'm with you on this. That's where I want it to sit, right behind the rear seats.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I have no complaints with it closed...very quiet! It's when open and there's 6ft of fabric piled above the cab that it gets ridiculous. Some have suggested straps, so may give that a try.
Curious if you find it loud with or without the rear window/side corners in.
I had issues with the straps on the insides of side corners vibrating and being noisy and buzzy at times (mostly strong cross winds).
I put a piece of tape on those straps and it stopped the noise/vibrations.

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
A bit too far (though i may be more desperate next week!)

I've seen quite a bit of Gladiator items on Facebook marketplace. I'll keep my open on it and the JT Buy/Sell/Trade group.
Sponsored