Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I've had Ace on three Jeeps now, highly recommend them. I re-shopped sliders for the JT, and came right back to Ace. Look awesome, just the right angle, useful for a step without being excessive, and have survived a lot of usage as a pivot point and slider against boulders.
Same here. I had a set on my JKU and liked them so much they were day 1 mods on my JT.
Sponsored

sloowhand

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Overland
I bought JCR OffRoad Sliders for my Overland. Truly love the protection, side steps are just the right places and they look great (to me) as well. Perfect except for the progressively worse body creaks I’m getting. Been back to my local Jeep shop and even had the dealer remount them but creak keeps coming back. They mount using body bolts and the pinch welds. I have made sure they are all tight but the creaking persists. Has anyone else had this this issue , hopefully with a happy ending?

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I bought JCR OffRoad Sliders for my Overland. Truly love the protection, side steps are just the right places and they look great (to me) as well. Perfect except for the progressively worse body creaks I’m getting. Been back to my local Jeep shop and even had the dealer remount them but creak keeps coming back. They mount using body bolts and the pinch welds. I have made sure they are all tight but the creaking persists. Has anyone else had this this issue , hopefully with a happy ending?
You might try putting a thin rubber washer in between the slider and the mount point. Just something to fit snugly in there and keep those surfaces from rubbing.

sloowhand

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW Bump - I contacted JCR and explained situation, they had not heard of it happening before. I also contacted Rock Hard 4x4, told them the same, and they also had not heard of it happening. They also encouraged me to call JCR about the problem, rather than cash in on an easy sale. I have always found them to be a class act.

I inserted nylon washers on both sides of the pinch bolts with no effect. Making a short story long, the creaking was getting progressively worse and driving my wife and I nuts. I ordered the Rock Hard 4x4 rails, and after installation have been rewarded with a perfectly quiet JTO.

Your mileage may vary, but thought I would pass along my results here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sloowhand

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More mounting points, great alignment. Both JCR and Rock Hard have good YouTube installation videos that show the process -

Jrmotorsports55

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Appraiser
I’m thinking the Rock Hards are what I will go with. Seem to be the best out there at reasonable price.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I have the RockHard 4x4's angled down. I had them Rhino lined. I love them and they are perfect. Full disclosure, I also had my ARB Bondi deluxe rhino lined and both match my Ace Upper Decker which I bought used - and already rhino lined. That is a LOT of rhino lining and some of you may think I am over doing it. But I live in MN and we love salt up here. Based on my previous experiences with rhino liner I am not expecting to deal with any rusting of visible surfaces from rockchips etc.

Back to the Rockhard 4x4's. The angled down versions make perfect steps - they don't stick down below anything underneath the vehicle. and they protect the pinch welds and they look great. And they stick out enough to protect me from parking lot idiots (helps when i am mall crawling 😁). Plus they were easy to mount - their youtube instructions were spot on.

They are also strong as shit. Rockhard told my by phone that I should be OK using a hi-lift to jack up the vehicle from the slider. I believe them. They aren't saying "do it every day with a lawyer guaranteed safe pledge" - what they said is "our shit is build strong and thick and mounts in a bunch of places and assuming you aren't an idiot you will probably be OK if you have to do something dumb like that in a pinch on a trail..." - I am paraphrasing and I appreciate their honesty. Also I already used the slider as an anchor to winch my atv up a gully and it was great.

So - my full unpaid endorsement for the Rockhard 4x4's angled down. Their powerder coating was pretty nice and looked great. But I rhino lined them for grip and rust protection.

Staying at an AirBnB in Rochester and these pics are from a few mins ago looking down you can see how they dont' stick out past the fenders or wheels- you can also see how Rockhard curved them to match up to the body. From the side they look fine and cover the pinch welds nicely. Took the second pic because i rarely let anyone else drive it... 6MT so most people can't anyway. But my wife of 21 years CAN drive stick - heck that is why I married her!

Jeep Gladiator Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step 20211113_152717

Jeep Gladiator Best Combo Rock Slider Rail and Step kimberly driving the JT

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I have the RockHard 4x4's angled down. I had them Rhino lined. I love them and they are perfect. Full disclosure, I also had my ARB Bondi deluxe rhino lined and both match my Ace Upper Decker which I bought used - and already rhino lined. That is a LOT of rhino lining and some of you may think I am over doing it. But I live in MN and we love salt up here. Based on my previous experiences with rhino liner I am not expecting to deal with any rusting of visible surfaces from rockchips etc.

Back to the Rockhard 4x4's. The angled down versions make perfect steps - they don't stick down below anything underneath the vehicle. and they protect the pinch welds and they look great. And they stick out enough to protect me from parking lot idiots (helps when i am mall crawling 😁). Plus they were easy to mount - their youtube instructions were spot on.

They are also strong as shit. Rockhard told my by phone that I should be OK using a hi-lift to jack up the vehicle from the slider. I believe them. They aren't saying "do it every day with a lawyer guaranteed safe pledge" - what they said is "our shit is build strong and thick and mounts in a bunch of places and assuming you aren't an idiot you will probably be OK if you have to do something dumb like that in a pinch on a trail..." - I am paraphrasing and I appreciate their honesty. Also I already used the slider as an anchor to winch my atv up a gully and it was great.

So - my full unpaid endorsement for the Rockhard 4x4's angled down. Their powerder coating was pretty nice and looked great. But I rhino lined them for grip and rust protection.

Staying at an AirBnB in Rochester and these pics are from a few mins ago looking down you can see how they dont' stick out past the fenders or wheels- you can also see how Rockhard curved them to match up to the body. From the side they look fine and cover the pinch welds nicely. Took the second pic because i rarely let anyone else drive it... 6MT so most people can't anyway. But my wife of 21 years CAN drive stick - heck that is why I married her!

Your pics really demonstrate their utility. I have the same set and put non-skid tape on the step parts. I have slid over logs on them and brushed a few rocks. Still loving them. Wish they were lighter but that would probably somewhat defeat the purpose. Bottom line, they provide excellent protection, are the first thing to contact without compromising ground clearance and are great steps (with the non-skid.)

Jrmotorsports55

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Appraiser
Rock Hard on sale at quadratic. Placing order for angled down set. Thanks!
Sponsored