Sponsored

Possible bad news

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Not this I will put 98% of my trust to.

Looks like I’ll be ordering a Rubicon JT as soon as banks open up.

Thanks for posting this info.

koala

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
"Pricing will be $3000 to $3500 over similarly equipped JL" Ooooops. Just went out of my price range if true.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
C'mon...that was Sgt. Schultz! Geeeeze...
Wow. Totally right. My bad!

On the vid, the smaller window on original gladiator is homage to Willy's trucks. If the price is that much higher, which I still doubt at least for lowest level sport, makes my decision to vacate easy!

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Has anyone seen Rob with Quadratecs latest video? He has some pricing info that he says is reliable.
Yes, and I commented about it being on the YouTube . My prior suggestion of the Differences in Pricing - mine being $3.5 to $4.5 may not be that off, if Quadratec's "insider info." is true .

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
"Pricing will be $3000 to $3500 over similarly equipped JL" Ooooops. Just went out of my price range if true.
Nah . . . you'll convince yourself to Get-There" . . . it's all about Compromise . . . you know just don't think like a politician and you'll get there just fine ! One less Option on a Sport S with many options vs, a RUBi with Nav. ! Off Road App is Over Rated -- More Information than you have time to look at while trying to navigate the treacherous trail your on AT THE SAME TIME ! You want to SEE the meter that tells you your at an angle of 23.5 degrees off center, or SEE the TRAIL and FEEL the Angle AS you Experience it ? EASY choice for me -- I'll take that 7" Uconnect without Nav. ! If I want to find Trails I do my MAP- thing via my Mac Pro "tablet" ! (WiFi + Cellular) ! 10.5" bigger than 8.4, which with the bottom filled with "buttons" ain't really that big !

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm confused. Seemed like most were bummed when people thought it might be 7,000-10,000 over JLU. Now that people think the 3k-3.5k figure given by quadratec, others are saying it's still too high?

I'm sure my kinda thinking can get folks in trouble, but $3,000 financed over 60 months at 3% interest is only $53 per month. Just go out to lunch a few times less each month. Sell that old moped you never ride, ect. Ect.

I want it to be $10,000 under JLU, but I haven't seen pigs fly recently.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
I'm confused. Seemed like most were bummed when people thought it might be 7,000-10,000 over JLU. Now that people think the 3k-3.5k figure given by quadratec, others are saying it's still too high?

I'm sure my kinda thinking can get folks in trouble, but $3,000 financed over 60 months at 3% interest is only $53 per month. Just go out to lunch a few times less each month. Sell that old moped you never ride, ect. Ect.

Quadratec is croking smack. O.K., just maybe a little weed. $3k is low. Maybe on the Sport. Maybe...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

I think that only a very vocal few thought it would be $7k-$10K over JLU. I rebuked them every chance I had. Perhaps the ones that are not happy are the ones that where in hopes of $2k or less.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Quadratec is croking smack. O.K., just maybe a little weed. $3k is low. Maybe on the Sport. Maybe...
Why in the blazes would the Sport be marked up$3K but the Rubi $7K @ base? There is already a built in markup. It will be the same makeup across the board.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Why in the blazes would the Sport be marked up$3K but the Rubi $7K @ base? There is already a built in markup. It will be the same makeup across the board.
Unless they're trying to do what everyone here has been asking for: make an affordable bare bones version for the masses while they gouge the rest. And please, when voicing your rage against me, at least write "why in blue blazes...";)
I also find it interesting that everything on here according to you is opinion, but you "know" it will be the same mark-up across the board? Why? Because that makes sense to you? Yet things that make sense to me are merely "opinion"...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Unless they're trying to do what everyone here has been asking for: make an affordable bare bones version for the masses while they gouge the rest. And please, when voicing your rage against me, at least write "why in blue blazes...";)
I also find it interesting that everything on here according to you is opinion, but you "know" it will be the same mark-up across the board? Why? Because that makes sense to you? Yet things that make sense to me are merely "opinion"...
So Sport JLU base $31,500 base JTS $34,500 same options for the most part.

JLUR base $41,500 base JTR $48,500 same options for the most part.

Oh now I see it. Now it make perfect sense.:headbang:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’ll buy the JT for $3,000 more than a JL all day long. How much was the AEV Brute Double Cab again? Yeah, I’m in at that price.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
I’ll buy the JT for $3,000 more than a JL all day long. How much was the AEV Brute Double Cab again? Yeah, I’m in at that price.
At what price are you out, and what would your backup plan be? Keeping the JK or going JL? Another make/model?
Sponsored