Sponsored

Possible Pricing Info Eco Diesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Pulling those trailers with a JT seems insane. Good luck!
I'll be using the Ram Cummins and the Ram Ecodiesel to tow the larger trailers. I don't plan to do much towing with the Gladiator. I might use the Gladiator to tow a small firewood trailer. I'm mostly buying the Gladiator to use as a grocery getter, parts hauler, and commuting vehicle.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I wonder when we'll see that in the JT...
You won't see it in the Gladiator or Wrangler. The inline 6 is slated for the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I got into this argument in one of the facebook groups a min ago. Diesel is not even close to being on my radar.

diesel sucks.png

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
You won't see it in the Gladiator or Wrangler. The inline 6 is slated for the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer.
Don't see how it would be physically possible to fit 6 pistons in a row in an engine into the Wrangler/JT platform. Have you seen how >TIGHT< a Hemi fits? That's only 4 cylinders long-

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Don't see how it would be physically possible to fit 6 pistons in a row in an engine into the Wrangler/JT platform. Have you seen how >TIGHT< a Hemi fits? That's only 4 cylinders long-
And that's exactly why the head diesel engineer said they chose the V6 3.0L Ecodiesel instead of an inline engine. The V6 not only fits, but it also fits more applications.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I got into this argument in one of the facebook groups a min ago. Diesel is not even close to being on my radar.
There shouldn't be anything to argue about. Either you prefer the diesel and its benefits or you prefer the gasoline engine and its benefits. I’m choosing a diesel because I think it’s more fun to drive, it should last longer, it achieves better fuel economy, it downshifts less, it can tow more easily, and it can be tuned/modified more easily. Why are you choosing a gasoline engine?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
this article gives some possibilities. 48volt mild hybrid, or full on plug in hybrid could eliminate accessories on the front of motor, could also shorten the transmission. Changing to a long stroke, short bore setup. saved mercedes 3 inches I think the article said.

its possible.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-must-know-about-the-new-mercedes-inline-six/
Sponsored