Post here, once you have a VIN.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I really don't understand how Jeep/FCA did not bring enough parts in for the opening round of orders... I've only had my order in for 2.5 weeks and am already growing incredibly impatient. I found another dealership with a Rubi, I may just go and drool or pay sticker LoL
Been 8 weeks here and one more to go.
Sponsored

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
LE black ordered on 4/5/19 still in D. I’ll probably never special order again.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
LE black ordered on 4/5/19 still in D. I’ll probably never special order again.
I've special-ordered my last half dozen or so vehicles. Normally, they are delivered within 6-10 weeks to the western U.S., where shipping usually adds 1-4 weeks to delivery time. FCA seems to have been totally unprepared for Gladiator production when they opened orders. Five weeks since I placed my order and still in D status along with many others.

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've special-ordered my last half dozen or so vehicles. Normally, they are delivered within 6-10 weeks to the western U.S., where shipping usually adds 1-4 weeks to delivery time. FCA seems to have been totally unprepared for Gladiator production when they opened orders. Five weeks since I placed my order and still in D status along with many others.
Totally agree!!.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Everyone who is saying that fca/Jeep dropped the ball or is supper delayed must have never worked in production. Start ups are always a ramp up plan. It is unrealistic to think they will be at full production speed day 1. Production usually ramps up over 3-6 months. Starting at say 10-30% of full production month one and slowing adding more capacity during ramp up. Their tear capacity on the JTs has been communicated as 75-100k a year. Production started in April so take that number and slash it down to 50-75k this year. In under a month they received over 25k orders. Chill. You will get your truck. We all knew that they would be on the lots before our orders would get here. That’s just how it works. In fact it was communicated that custom orders would not start until June 1. The fact that some of our orders (not mine) have already hit the line is a gift from fca. We should be thanking them for giving us the opportunity to special order. The communications were out there if you didn’t know about them you didn’t care to look and now you “just need it now” because that is the culture we live in.

Do I wish I had mine today. Yes.

Am I sometimes frustrated that orders placed after mine have delivered. Yes

Am I going to threaten to never buy a Jeep again or go buy a taco because I want it today. No.

Be patient. Go test drive one every week if that helps you (it helps me). But please stop claiming. That there was no communication or these “delays” are unacceptable.

Rant over.

Sponsored

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Everyone who is saying that fca/Jeep dropped the ball or is supper delayed must have never worked in production. Start ups are always a ramp up plan. It is unrealistic to think they will be at full production speed day 1. Production usually ramps up over 3-6 months. Starting at say 10-30% of full production month one and slowing adding more capacity during ramp up. Their tear capacity on the JTs has been communicated as 75-100k a year. Production started in April so take that number and slash it down to 50-75k this year. In under a month they received over 25k orders. Chill. You will get your truck. We all knew that they would be on the lots before our orders would get here. That’s just how it works. In fact it was communicated that custom orders would not start until June 1. The fact that some of our orders (not mine) have already hit the line is a gift from fca. We should be thanking them for giving us the opportunity to special order. The communications were out there if you didn’t know about them you didn’t care to look and now you “just need it now” because that is the culture we live in.

Am I going to threaten to never buy a Jeep again or go buy a taco because I want it today. No.

Be patient. Go test drive one every week if that helps you (it helps me). But please stop claiming. That there was no communication or these “delays” are unacceptable.

Rant over.
I think the dealership’s is where the BIG problem starts.. Telling customers that it will be 8-10 weeks from order date to delivery to get a signature on the dotted line and a nice

Rant over.
when a dealership tells you 8-10 weeks from the time you sign on the dotted line and you put a non refundable deposit down someone needs to be held accountable..

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
below is how my order is progressing for my white Rubicon auto with trail cam

Ordered: 5/3
VIN: 5/12
Buildsheet: 5/18
Window Sticker: 5/31

Status is now KZT and dealer showing it arriving 6/14 and ready to pickup 2 days after hopefully.

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
It just keeps getting crazier. Because NOBODY has given me a meaningful or consistent answer, I called FCA again.

This time the customer service person was unable to even FIND my VIN and currently has me on hold to get "Technical" on the phone to dig into it.

I have a request to my salesperson to plan on me cancelling my order if I dont have a SOLID answer by Monday.

There are Rubicons similar to my order (sans dual-top and a few options I really dont want) but I need something for a planned camp trip in a few weeks and am willing to pay a bit more to not ruin a family trip.

I'm just venting because I know a few of you are in a similar pickle and misery loves company.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
How about when you go from D to D 1 and back to D twice, hows that happen ??

Aabean1972

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator Launch Edition
Got a Launch Edition 118001. Any idea what number that is in the production run?

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I think the dealership’s is where the BIG problem starts.. Telling customers that it will be 8-10 weeks from order date to delivery to get a signature on the dotted line and a nice

when a dealership tells you 8-10 weeks from the time you sign on the dotted line and you put a non refundable deposit down someone needs to be held accountable..
A dealership isn't the one building your vehicle. They can only communicate what they know or what they think they know (more the latter than the former!). The dealerships I spoke to were very open to saying that it will be 12-14 weeks at least. Many of the dealerships don't custom order at the same rate that Spencer or Travis do. And also, things happen that cause delays or issues, as they do with every company. I've worked for some of the biggest financial institutions in the world, and although they aren't a manufacturing company, there have been countless technical issues that cause delays in me doing my job.

I know it's frustrating, and I know it's not optimal, and I'm not trying to discount the frustration with a process that is clearly broken to a point, but this is why I didn't want to wait for Gator.

I knew that I would have exactly 12 weeks before I had to hand in my lease from Gator's production date that we saw, and I knew that delays would only get worse as more orders come in due to the trucks getting more visibility.

This truck is many years in the making, so if you can wait, just wait, and you'll be happy in the end. if you can't wait, go get a different color and get it wrapped. There's no truck that's comparable to this one if the selling point is the convertible factor. If that's not what your after, then go get something else.

The anxiety everyone is causing themselves by tracking their build every day isn't helping either (I'm doing it too so I'm not judging)

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
WildJD’s GCMJTR Launch Edition
Ordered 4/4/19...
4 1/2 months later...
finally bumped from “C” to “D1”...
VIN 1C6JJTBG8LL144466 :rock:
Hope springs eternal! ;{

VVRRRMM

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE Granite Crystal
Got my VIN for my GCLE. : 144760 with a ship date of 9-5!

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
is there a decoder that works for the JT Vin numbers? I tried one online and it said it was a RAM 1500!!!!