OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I wonder how many squares that is (it is shingles, isn't it?) one could about figure the weight of a bundle times the number of bundles you can see in the pic............

It's also dangerous to others on the road, abusive to the truck and the list goes on.

I'm not so sure that around here the yard people would even load anything like that, but who knows!

Yes, there is no limit to the stupidity of the human animal - everyone has surely seen this famous pic by now - which has been proven TRUE numerous times -
lumber_car_feature-865x452.jpg

Let's keep it Jeep related - (obviously not an Iowan - the wind would have flipped his truck by now)

8792.jpg

At least this guy got smart and used a trailer for what the truck couldn't handle easily - sort of could be an excuse for a full-sized truck........... naw, he's doing fine - he's got a trailer!

343395111_4442510395797059933Faccount_id3D1.jpg.9f6e84394c221614f5d81f35c25fc768.jpg
I had loaded up too many bags of mulch in my bed once. I could CLEARLY see it sagging too much, though not on the bumpstops. I didn't leave the parking lot, I pulled back near the loading bay, unloaded half the bags, and was good to go. Made 2 trips, but it was better than the abuse on the truck. I probably had over 2000lbs in the bed for a couple minutes. We've seen folks here drive their JTs with such payloads, but it's just not worth it to me.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I had a friend with. 2wd F150 twin I beam truck that he insisted using as a Farm truck all the time and overloading it. He had a round bail on the back hit the brakes and the front spring bucket broke off!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had a friend with. 2wd F150 twin I beam truck that he insisted using as a Farm truck all the time and overloading it. He had a round bail on the back hit the brakes and the front spring bucket broke off!!!
And I know a guy who was killed when his load broke loose and went through the cab.......... it was a shock as his wife came onto our forum and told us her husband had been killed in an accident with his truck the night before.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
That's what I figured - shingles. How many bundles - times the weight, yikes. That's enough for a decent roof. Likely double what even a stripped down Sport S with max tow could handle.

Doesn't that guy know that shingles can cause you discomfort?
I think 3600 lbs plus or minus is pretty close as it looks like about 48 bundles. Pretty crazy for him to do that to his less than a year old $50000 lifestyle truck. Craziness.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think 3600 lbs plus or minus is pretty close as it looks like about 48 bundles. Pretty crazy for him to do that to his less than a year old $50000 lifestyle truck. Craziness.
That would have been a massive load on my Silverado.
A 2,000 pound engine took my F250 4x4 Ford down to level

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Another FB find

_nc_ohc=m1qXSmLlpTgAX9RCo3U&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

I never understood people like this. A trailer will handle that load just fine and would be like $20 to rent.

Hell my trailer was $1200 and can haul 5k on it. This guy probably did more than that in damage to he truck.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how many squares that is (it is shingles, isn't it?) one could about figure the weight of a bundle times the number of bundles you can see in the pic............

It's also dangerous to others on the road, abusive to the truck and the list goes on.

I'm not so sure that around here the yard people would even load anything like that, but who knows!

Yes, there is no limit to the stupidity of the human animal - everyone has surely seen this famous pic by now - which has been proven TRUE numerous times -
lumber_car_feature-865x452.jpg

Let's keep it Jeep related - (obviously not an Iowan - the wind would have flipped his truck by now)

8792.jpg

At least this guy got smart and used a trailer for what the truck couldn't handle easily - sort of could be an excuse for a full-sized truck........... naw, he's doing fine - he's got a trailer!

343395111_4442510395797059933Faccount_id3D1.jpg.9f6e84394c221614f5d81f35c25fc768.jpg
Damn I've hauled a few almost stupid loads in my MJ in past but nothing near that.... Loads of sandbags for setting up E.I.B. stations, and other training events. Then a time or two hauling 50 BMG barrels and tripods ECT from unit motorpool to company area for cleaning then back but nothing that stupid. That was at low speeds and limited traffic areas.
Some of the fools with the plywood loading down cars was preparing for a few hurricanes around 99 I think, I seen the dipstick with sheet of plywood on roof with a lawn tractor on top of a hatchback then "tied down" with the poly string from the store it was bought at.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've hauled 800lbs of bagged concrete at a time.... But that's about the limit for me and for me to unload by myself. I've started to limit myself after 24 bags on my trailer and having to unload it. :headbang: I'm not even sure how much I used to fill in one of the ruts in my driveway to keep it from washing out.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Snowfall! Does this count? Haha. This was after the melt off today.

Jeep Gladiator Post your payload pics! 20201027_205256
Yeah, looks to me like you were trucking in that snow hahaha ;-)

I'd have you stop by and get some of ours but it's supposed to get back to the 50s and maybe 60s again later this week or next. The thermometer is like a damned yo-yo.