Premium Lift Kit vs Overland Plus

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What's the difference between the two kits? I assume the naming implies that one is better for overlanding and the other for crawling? Is there a significant difference between the two in terms of capability?
Sponsored

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
The overland plus has rubber bushings vs the johnny joints on the premium

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Thanks. Is that the only difference?
I believe that's the main difference, I'd note that the girro joints aren't just clevites but similar to the metal cloak joints in that they still allow a lot of misalignment. Unless you absolutely need johnny joints the maintenance free giiro are the way to go.

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I believe that's the main difference, I'd note that the girro joints aren't just clevites but similar to the metal cloak joints in that they still allow a lot of misalignment. Unless you absolutely need johnny joints the maintenance free giiro are the way to go.
👍

Sponsored

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah Johnny joints are a pain to keep up, made my last Jeep unbearable sometimes

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The Giiro joints are quiet, maint. free, and articulate very well. For me, I do not see a need for the hassle of Johnny joints. Here are some impressive articulation pics of the 3.5" Clayton Overland kit with Giiro joints on my truck. So far, 1 year with this kit, and going strong with no sound or squeaks. Very impressive.

uOt74P.jpg

14Sbb2.jpg

qkglUa.jpg

HJD4Wx.jpg
Sponsored