First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
Has anyone here done Amber prerunner lights in the grille? Specifically those with the trail cam. I’ve seen the kits for sale that come with 3 LEDs but with the trail cam I’d need a kit with 4 lights.

for those who have done prerunner lights, how was the wiring for them?

the only kit with 4 I’ve seen for JL/JT was literally from made in China .com so I’m goin to avoid lol

the other was a somewhat universal kit from walmart of all places

Jeep Gladiator Prerunner grille lights ED08F2CF-4936-4ECF-A5C4-AE7C0A96DB2C

Jeep Gladiator Prerunner grille lights 0A337546-5041-461A-A774-E8069E392DA5
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Iam guessing most accessories especially rims and tires are made in China. Check out alibaba dot com to see what all those accessories get sold to the middle man in US before they are delivered to your door. I saw a retro jeep gladiator front end and fenders that fit the JT last time I was browsing.

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
Iam guessing most accessories especially rims and tires are made in China. Check out alibaba dot com to see what all those accessories get sold to the middle man in US before they are delivered to your door. I saw a retro jeep gladiator front end and fenders that fit the JT last time I was browsing.
I’m not against buying something made in China. But the specific website was extremely sketchy lol was hoping someone here would know of another kit or had some experience with pre runner lights

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
I have no experience with either kit but I’ve been eyeing them up. The quadratec Brand ones are made for a JL but I’ve seen posts saying they can work on the JT with simple modification.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-lighting/pre-runner-style-led-grille-light-kit-gladiator-jt

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/pre-runner-led-light-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl
Yeah I’ve seen those. But I have a trail cam and cannot use this kit. I need one with 4 lights so the middle grille slot can remain open

OP
OP
Grabberbluemach

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer
Just wondering what the purpose of this modification is?
does it need a purpose lol? I believe on factory built vehicles over 80” wide they’re required by law. That’s why the raptor has the 3 in the grille rather than on the roof

Sponsored

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
Has anyone here done Amber prerunner lights in the grille? Specifically those with the trail cam. I’ve seen the kits for sale that come with 3 LEDs but with the trail cam I’d need a kit with 4 lights.

for those who have done prerunner lights, how was the wiring for them?

the only kit with 4 I’ve seen for JL/JT was literally from made in China .com so I’m goin to avoid lol

the other was a somewhat universal kit from walmart of all places

ORACLElights
has the Prerunner lights available.....mine are supposed to arrive within the week!

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Just an FYI, wire these units in series not parallel. I have a 3-piece of the ijdmtoy ones and they overheat and burn out if they're in parallel.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2

Sponsored

DougF

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I bought the Oracle Prerunner lights. I do not recommend. The nuts to install the LED does not fit over the connector, so you have to cut off the connectors. They are not waterproof anyways. I wrote to Oracle complaining, and they offered to let me return them before making any cuts. Now I wish I had.
Jeep Gladiator Prerunner grille lights IMG_20210220_194907533

The wiring harness uses 22 ga wire. Although I was extremely careful, I must have damaged the wiring during install, because I had no juice with the factory harness. I made my own harness with 16 ga wire and waterproof connectors to get juice to the grill and installed with the supplied hardware. It looked good until the washers supplied began to rust.

Jeep Gladiator Prerunner grille lights Oracle Prerunner Light Rust

Now I am looking for a way to re-install them without the washers. Another thread on this site had a member who made installation hardware with his 3D printer, but he said that crumped on him. So I am still looking for a new way to re-install the lights. :headbang:

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I installed the Oracles. I didn't have to cut the wires to feed them through the nuts. Instead, I just released the pins in the connectors, pulled the wire through and then locked them back in place after they were mounted.

I also got the inserts from theMantheLegend while he was still making them. I clear coated them prior to install for some UV protection.

Jeep Gladiator Prerunner grille lights 1617619046491

(On a side note, if your washers are rusting, you could pick up some stainless washers and paint them black.)

Last edited:

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Yitamotor led lights. I got a ten pack of the bigger 23mm lights. Used 3/8 x 1 1/4 rubber washer on front and back of grill. Would have liked 1 1/2 o.d. Rubber washers but could not find. Took grill loose. Made my own harness and put 5 amp fuse in line. Hooked to #4 auxiliary. $25 invested.
Jeep Gladiator Prerunner grille lights 50A89906-B042-4F97-AA2F-7B7AD378ECA7

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Looks good, not sure you need an inline fuse when using the six switches as they are fused.
Sponsored