First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
This sounds so damn good. Is the tread edition still pretty good enough clearance for off-roading? If you’re not extreme rock crawling?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & JL
This sounds so damn good. Is the tread edition still pretty good enough clearance for off-roading? If you’re not extreme rock crawling?
Definitely. The tip outlets can also be removed in minutes if ya want to take 'em off when things get gnarly.

Sponsored

jt.tribe

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Well fellow Jeep guys and girls I'm here to talk about an aftermarket company and it's products.
I was looking to get rid of the less than desirable factory Jeep exhaust that comes with the JT Gladiator.

I was looking for a system that is direct bolt, no cutting envolved, no cell, and to provide high clearance.

I stumbled accross the company AWE. I took a look online and seen they have a exhaust suite for the JT Gladiator. Their exhaust suite consist of the Tread and Trail applications. The Tread application comes in 2 different variations. A single and a dual exit setup. Also, they have a Trail application which is there high clearance rock crawling heavy off-roading setup.

Must I say I gave customer service a call and had a wonderful experience. They literally broke down the different applications and the benefits to all. I was a bit torn between the 2 single exit setups. Well here is where it gets interesting! The customer service began to explain to me their Tread-Trail conversion pipe! Talk about innovation! All of the piping is the exact same up for both single exit applications until the last section of piping.That's where the Tread to Trail conversion comes into play. You can basically convert from the single exit Tread exhaust with a 5 inch black exhaust tip to the high clearance Trail exhaust in a matter on minutes and a few bolts. So now I'm able to have the best of both worlds. A setup for shows and as well as a setup for the trails.

Thanks to AWE's amazing customer service I was able to order what to me is the perfect exhaust.
I would definitely recommend them and their products. It's definitely worth it if your looking to wake up your JT gladiator in the sound department while also bringing out rhe styling of a new exhaust.

Below is a link to their Jeep Gladiator exhaust suite if your interested.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/jeep-gladiator-exhaust-suite
Jeep Gladiator Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the JT Gladiator. Available now. [Images, Videos, Sound Clips, Dyno] IMG_20211201_180425_200

Last edited:

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
Mine is on order....
I ordered dual tips.... I grew up when it was still cool to have the tips coming out on both sides. I was told by a kid the other day... that's old school.
Well, if it is... them.im old school.
I stayed with 17 rims and went with 35s (lots of rubber). I ordered kc lites (round) for my rig too...
All old school 😎

Can't wait for my exhaust. I was told 10 week lead time. It's been about 8 now.
I had awe on my ranger and loved the sound on my 4 cyl. And the clips I've heard, this is by far the best I've heard on a 3.6l.....

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Got my AWE Trail system exhaust delivered yesterday and installed this morning. The build quality and welds are simply AWEsome.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I weighed my stock system at 41.4 lbs and the AWE was 33.6 lbs. So, net weight reduction of approximately 7.8 lbs.

Last edited:

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
How difficult is the removal of the stock exhaust? Have folks been able to take it off in the driveway without cutting?

Comments, criticism and snide remarks welcome....

Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
How difficult is the removal of the stock exhaust? Have folks been able to take it off in the driveway without cutting?

I cut mine off with a sawzall right above the axle area. It’s going to recycling in the very near future. I have no plans to reinstall the stock system. Even unmolested ones have been advertised on here for ages—not much of a market for them.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT & JL

Installation instructions are right here, if ya need 'em!

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
So, what can I say....
I got my AWE dual set up today....

So my daughter and I decided to tackle it.
She is 16, not driving yet... but loves to tinker and has a love for anything with wheels. She got down and was helping me.

From start to finish... less than 2 hours.
It wouldn't have taken that long if I was prepared. My batteries were dead... so I needed to charge at least one for the Sawzall and the impact wrench.

Came well packaged.
And fit was fantastic.

In all honesty, this my 2nd AWE exhaust. I had one on my ranger too. The kit comes together so well, you almost do not need directions.
The slip joints were perfect and the clamps are high quality SS.

So... as for the sound
It was what I expected. Slightly high pitched on high idle, but it's new. I expected this.
After my jeep warmed up... nice rumble
Driving not horrible.

Give it a couple hundred miles.... then it'll be more relaxed. But it's a 6 cyl and not an 8. It will never sound like a 5.0 from back in the day... but it is a huge improvement.

AWE is by far the best aftermarket kit I've ever installed. I've done several exhaust swaps over the years from other manufacturers. Man could those companies learn a thing or two from AWE.

Great Job

AWE Exhaust StartUp

Last edited:

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
The AWEJT is at it again! The team is out in Moab for EJS. Here are some shots of the JT conquering the trails. 😎

You can check out more information on our JT systems at AWEjeep.com.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
Gettin' rowdy at MOAB last week with the Trail Edition on our AWE JT.

Check it out for your JT, right this way.

Sponsored