Sponsored

Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
Mine showed up on Crypto this morning and I was able to add it to my FCA “Garage” this evening. My max payload is 962 pounds and notwithstanding my towing package, my towing rating is N/A. GVW is 6450. The crypto sheet goes on for 10 pages of every little detail.
What options did you order?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
What options did you order?
Pretty much everything, except for the steel bumper, bedliner, door entry guards, floor mats and headliner. I have aftermarket versions of each of those. I wavered on the block heater. Not a huge demand for those in Houston, but I think I ended up getting it just in case I take it to the mountains in winter. I know it can be added if needed.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Crypto email; build sheet is done. Is everyone enjoying the play-by-play, or is this too much? @WMWHV are we racing? Illinois is closer to Toledo than Texas!
Not racing. I think you will see yours first simply on the basis of geography. I started this thread for those who are interested in tracking the progress of the long-awaited diesels. For those of us who have one coming, I think it is helpful in figuring out if we are making similar progress and identifying if ours suddenly is not moving when others are. For those not interested in the subject, it is really easy to skip over this thread. I have been waiting for this truck since watching the live-stream of the roll-out of the gladiator on my phone while on a business trip. While some lament its low cargo capacity, and I wish it had more, it still has 200 pounds more than my LJ and even with bumpers, winch, tires, lifts and all the other stuff, my LJ did just fine. I am ready to have it in my garage.

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Crypto email; build sheet is done. Is everyone enjoying the play-by-play, or is this too much? @WMWHV are we racing? Illinois is closer to Toledo than Texas!
Crypto email here too. Build sheet shows a D1 to D regression..... I ordered 7/14. Is anyone else seeing a status code in the build sheet?

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Crypto email here too. Build sheet shows a D1 to D regression..... I ordered 7/14. Is anyone else seeing a status code in the build sheet?
I had that too and wondered about it, but Jeep Chat said it was built, so I decided it was not an issue or was an issue that had been overcome. If you find out it is a problem, let us know.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
While some lament its low cargo capacity, and I wish it had more, it still has 200 pounds more than my LJ and even with bumpers, winch, tires, lifts and all the other stuff, my LJ did just fine. I am ready to have it in my garage.
Personally, I think the tow rating is perfect for the EcoDiesel Gladiator. I typically don't tow near max capacity anyway, so I didn't have any plans to tow more than 4,500 lbs with a mid-sized truck . My 1/2 ton truck is rated at 9,710 lbs for heavier loads. The Gladiator can tow my firewood trailer and small equipment trailer. My subcompact trailer with loader and backhoe only weighs 2,869 lbs, so I would be able to haul that to and from worksites, etc. Like I said, the Gladiator towing capacity exceeds my expectation.

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I had that too and wondered about it, but Jeep Chat said it was built, so I decided it was not an issue or was an issue that had been overcome. If you find out it is a problem, let us know.
I had it too too! Also on the build sheet:
  • GVW Rating - 6450#
  • Sold Vehicle
  • Special Scheduling Condition VII
  • Easy Order

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
How do I not even have a build sheet yet? I ordered on 7/9 or 7/10 whenever the dealer put it in. Ugh.

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
How do I not even have a build sheet yet? I ordered on 7/9 or 7/10 whenever the dealer put it in. Ugh.
Do you know when your dealer actually put it in? How long have you had VIN?

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
I got my VIN July 20th
Do you know when your dealer actually put it in? How long have you had VIN?
Going back over my texts with the dealer, he said he placed it on 7/9 and sent me the VIN/VON on 7/20. He just confirmed with me that my order went in before the dealership orders.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
I got my VIN July 20th

Going back over my texts with the dealer, he said he placed it on 7/9 and sent me the VIN/VON on 7/20. He just confirmed with me that my order went in before the dealership orders.
So what status is your build in?

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
So what status is your build in?
Supposedly it's been in D1, and I got the incorrect delivery email with everyone else. However, I feel like if it was really in D1 then I would have gotten a build sheet...

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Supposedly it's been in D1, and I got the incorrect delivery email with everyone else. However, I feel like if it was really in D1 then I would have gotten a build sheet...
Build sheet is not till it’s pretty much built. At least for me, it didn’t show up till then.
Sponsored