Sponsored

Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

Riley1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuck you Nazi Fags. No clear delete accounts button. But I’m outta here. Enjoy sucking dicks!
Occupation
Killing liberals!
I went cloth this time, have leather in my JLURD and they are nice, but I have some custom PRP seat covers coming for this one, all red like the Rubicon 10x was. Wanted a little something unique this time around.
I always liked the 10th edition. Would’ve bought anvil if it was available. I saw the quatratrac sting grey with PRP red. Looked awesome. And probably more functional than leather.

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Finally moved from I to JB yesterday. How long did those of you with factory bedliners have to wait from JB to a K code?

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
6350 for Towing capacity? you have a sport S? I think the Rubicon diesel might be lower?
I will repeat this again. Towing Capacity is NOT on a sticker. The GVWR of the vehicle is on the sticker and the GAWR of each axle. There is nothing on the vehicle that shows the tow rating or the GCWR. Those can either be found in the owners manual or online.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I will repeat this again. Towing Capacity is NOT on a sticker. The GVWR of the vehicle is on the sticker and the GAWR of each axle. There is nothing on the vehicle that shows the tow rating or the GCWR. Those can either be found in the owners manual or online.
Pages 214-216 of the Owner's Manual give the towing numbers by engine, transmission, trim level, etc. On page 216, it states that the Diesel Rubicon Automatic Transmission has a GCWR of 11,800 pounds, a Frontal area of 55sf, a max gross trailer weight of 6000 pounds and a max tongue weight of 600 pounds. For comparison purposes, the numbers for the gas version of the automatic Rubicon are 12,450, 55, 7000 and 700. The Sport Max tow has the highest ratings with 12,800, 55, 7650 and 765. Personally, I think the capacity is adequate for the smaller trailers I would pull with my Gladiator. If I want to pull a big trailer, I will use a big truck.

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pages 214-216 of the Owner's Manual give the towing numbers by engine, transmission, trim level, etc. On page 216, it states that the Diesel Rubicon Automatic Transmission has a GCWR of 11,800 pounds, a Frontal area of 55sf, a max gross trailer weight of 6000 pounds and a max tongue weight of 600 pounds. For comparison purposes, the numbers for the gas version of the automatic Rubicon are 12,450, 55, 7000 and 700. The Sport Max tow has the highest ratings with 12,800, 55, 7650 and 765. Personally, I think the capacity is adequate for the smaller trailers I would pull with my Gladiator. If I want to pull a big trailer, I will use a big truck.
Yeah I saw that which those numbers (GCWR for rubi) are inconsistent with the numbers on their current marketing specs sheet so the question is what is the real numbers. It is possible the owners manual (mine says 'first edition') is wrong. Inconsistencies bug me.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I saw that which those numbers (GCWR for rubi) are inconsistent with the numbers on their current marketing specs sheet so the question is what is the real numbers. It is possible the owners manual (mine says 'first edition') is wrong. Inconsistencies bug me.
Like others have reported for their Jeeps, the on line page for mine in the Jeep garage thing says "N/A" for towing capacity. I can't imagine my boat weighs more than 5K with a full load of fuel and is probably around 4500, but I think I will weigh it just to be sure.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
This is exactly the question I was trying to ask and did not do a good job with it KCLENDANIEL. I understand it is not on the sticker, but I am with you that the Inconsistencies bug me too on the numbers. Thanks again for clarifying!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
take the GCVWR found on the sticker and subtract the weight of your JT/curb weight + passengers + cargo and that's your max towing capacity.

If you add any modifications (larger tires, aftermarket bumper, winch etc.) it's added to your curb weight and reduces your max towing capacity.

Last edited:

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
take the GCVWR found on the sticker and subtract the weight of your JT/curb weight + passengers + cargo and that's your max towing capacity.

If you add any modifications (larger tires, aftermarket bumper, winch etc.) it's added to your curb weight and reduces your max towing capacity.
GCWR is not listed on the door sticker just GVWR.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Yes, Sport S. And I do believe the Rubicons do have lower due to the extra weight of the upgraded suspension.
My apologies, the information I found a month or 2 ago on the JTR diesel was the GCWR was 12,100lbs.

Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 5.40.19 PM
Wow 2Jeeps- you da man. I have been trying to get this info for a while . Confirming that the JTRD with a 6k tow Capacity. Not Ideal but it allows me to tow my 20 foot trailer legally! Thank you very much.

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow 2Jeeps- you da man. I have been trying to get this info for a while . Confirming that the JTRD with a 6k tow Capacity. Not Ideal but it allows me to tow my 20 foot trailer legally! Thank you very much.
That is the last page of the pdf I linked to earlier. The marketing sheets show those numbers but these owners manuals getting shipped with them have a different GCWR. Hoping the owners manuals were just a typo because the pdf spec sheet on their press/marketing site has had multiple versions since they originally posted it a while back. The 12100 number for the JTRD makes more sense given the 6k rating for towing and the GVWR of 6350.
Sponsored