Sponsored

Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Damn it! I JUST got told by jeep cares that my build finished on the line and is awaiting shipping. I ordered a diesel. I hope I don't sit in delivery purgatory because of this.
Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Diesel production started 9/4, small details. Production is currently on hold for an updated engine harness. It will be a recall on last years diesel wrangler and the first few diesel gladiators that made it out of the factory.
True. Bit of tunnel vision on my part. I assumed diesel. Sorry.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
It will be a recall on last years diesel wrangler and the first few diesel gladiators that made it out of the factory.
Can you offer source/citation to this information? Have not heard about this Anywhere else?

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
You can't just drop a bomb like that and walk away! Whhhaaaaaaaaaaa?
“Allegedly”
I had a friend order the same day as me and his is still not in production. All I have is here say and non factual. I am expecting a recall on mine at some point but I really don’t care.
My citation source would be joe bob over at the corner oil changing station.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Diesel production started 9/4, small details. Production is currently on hold for an updated engine harness. It will be a recall on last years diesel wrangler and the first few diesel gladiators that made it out of the factory.
Noooooo! Not wanted to hear lol!

Sponsored

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Just got this from Jeep Cares. Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that as of today, your vehicle is in the shipping stage. No Dealer ETA has been provided just yet, however that will be available very soon. I can suggest checking back next week for an update on your order.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Just got this from Jeep Cares. Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that as of today, your vehicle is in the shipping stage. No Dealer ETA has been provided just yet, however that will be available very soon. I can suggest checking back next week for an update on your order.
Haha, same update i got check back in a week. Drives me crazy!

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Haha, same update i got check back in a week. Drives me crazy!
I always got answers like that from them. I would then contact the dealer and he would look it up and give me detailed info and timelines that were generally accurate. When it was on the train, he could even tell me where the train was. If your dealer is a friendly sort, shoot him/her an email and ask for the printout.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
I always got answers like that from them. I would then contact the dealer and he would look it up and give me detailed info and timelines that were generally accurate. When it was on the train, he could even tell me where the train was. If your dealer is a friendly sort, shoot him/her an email and ask for the printout.
Yep he gave me the date last week, but thought I would try chat To see if i could get latest info. Will contact my guy next week to confirm., Thanks.

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done bigger tires and gears yet and found a solution for a calibration? Super chips has nothing yet after speaking to them for the diesel.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Thanks! You have experience with it? The JL eco d people are saying it’s been giving issues
I think some of the features aren’t all the way operational yet but tire size works. I dont yet have my jeep

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! You have experience with it? The JL eco d people are saying it’s been giving issues
I just have a week of experience with it and no issues so far. I have not tried to change tire sizes.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
Has anyone done bigger tires and gears yet and found a solution for a calibration? Super chips has nothing yet after speaking to them for the diesel.
I put the Tazer mini I had from my JLUR into my JTR ecodiesel. The ecodiesel has an additional computer/sensor box right behind the can-bus connections that the tazer plugs into. I found it a bit more challenging to put in with my big hands. (a bit more challenging to take out quickly when going to a dealer) The tazer items I have always used seem to be working just great. Tire size, seat belt ding disable, auto stop/start, traction control, use cameras at any speed all work excellent. I am missing a couple that I have occasionally used before and the sway bar disconnect can be a little finicky in 2wd but it all works. Still one of the best investments I have made in my Jeep. In fact when I did the test drive in my ecodiesel at the dealer it was surprising to me that things that have been so nice using when using the tazer aren't available stock.

As far as my quick and dirty review on the diesel in comparison to my 2.0T with intercooler and some other boost mods, the ecodiesel is worth the price of admission and is an awesome motor. The 2.0 was a little more peppy from a dead stop but the ecodiesel can pull much harder and just keeps pulling. I took it out in the sand directly from the lot and the thing felt like a tractor as in it just kept pulling. Overall ride quality is excellent, in comparison to a 2021 4runner rental I had last week the Jeep is a much higher quality fit and finish and drives much better with less wander. The steering is nice and tight and the steering feel has a better tune in the electronics than my '19 had. I am pleased.
Sponsored