Proximity entry problems

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
As the title says I'm having a issue. Drivers door works. Passenger door, not so much. Yes the correct harness is on the correct side. Yes the new end caps with the magnet is in place. Tazer mini has been updated, enabled, and rebooted. I've taken the door back apart and the harness is correctly routed and plugged in. Also i have checked the pins in the Jeep.
I'm stuck. My next thought is a bad handle switch or broken wire. I waited 3 months for this to arrive.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Have you tried swapping the handles side to side to eliminate the possibility of a bad handle? You should be able to remove the cap and get the handle out and disconnected without disassembling the door.
Gregj

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
Have you tried swapping the handles side to side to eliminate the possibility of a bad handle? You should be able to remove the cap and get the handle out and disconnected without disassembling the door.
Gregj
Yep

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same symptom with my power mirrors, it was bent pins, it doesn’t take much of a bend. There are two rows of holes in the connector, one that the pin goes into and right below it is the hole used to release the terminal from the connector. Mine were bent just enough to go into the release hole. Tweaked them a little bit and am now more careful reconnecting the doors.
Gregj

Sponsored

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
I just installed my handles after waiting months for them to arrive. I have tazer that is updated, installed drivers side and it works great. Installed passenger side and nothing. Button doesn't lock doors and touching handle doesn't unlock.

Any solutions?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Normally a bent pin in the connector at the kick panel, or some have had a magnet in the handle that needed to be flipped - I think that was the thing..........

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
I just installed my handles after waiting months for them to arrive. I have tazer that is updated, installed drivers side and it works great. Installed passenger side and nothing. Button doesn't lock doors and touching handle doesn't unlock.

Any solutions?
God only knows on this one. I've even talked my dealer into programming the sales code. I have a working driver's door but my passenger door still doesn't work. Both the dealer and I have checked the pins.
I'm sure it is the pins.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God only knows on this one. I've even talked my dealer into programming the sales code. I have a working driver's door but my passenger door still doesn't work. Both the dealer and I have checked the pins.
I'm sure it is the pins.
I was too aggrevated to mess around much longer but in the morning I guess I will take the drivers side door apart so I can disconnect the handle and swap it with the passenger one to see what happens...so frustrating! I was all excited after I did the driver's side and told my wife I'll be done in like 20 min....HA! After an hour I came inside with my passenger door still all apart and needing a drink lol

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure it is the pins.
And does nothing work on your passenger side? The button or the touch?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just pull the caps and swap them side to side, see if the problem moves. The caps have been a common problem.
Gregj

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
And does nothing work on your passenger side? The button or the touch?
Nothing on the passenger side works. I've switched the caps, checked the wiring inside the door, checked the pins. It did work a few times in the beginning, but who knows for how long. It's not like I use that door even weekly or even monthly so I said, to hell with it.
Sponsored