Pulling to right after Fox steering stabilizer install

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
A steering stabilizer won’t fix underlying issues. The light steering you feel on the hwy could be due to a loose steering box, flex from the steering box, alignment, tire pressure, etc. Also, if you got an adjustable steering stabilizer and you set it to a stiffer setting, in order to have stiffer steering on the hwy, you’d have stiffer steering around town. Steering stabilizers aren’t speed sensitive. My two cents.
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Interesting issue...I went with the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2. 2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer and have had no such issues at all...in fact I prefer the adjustable settings better than the oe part. The Firm setting really tightens up the steering nicely. It seems odd that Fox would put a product out that knowingly forced the vehicle right all the time.
They didn’t. Like previously stated, you have to prime a steering stabilizer. They really should have included instructions on that. Mine came with zero instructions. I get that it’s a simple install, but they should have included that portion.

meenone69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Ram Power Wagon, 2016 Challenger SRT 392
They didn’t. Like previously stated, you have to prime a steering stabilizer. They really should have included instructions on that. Mine came with zero instructions. I get that it’s a simple install, but they should have included that portion.
Well that makes a lot more sense...as previously stated...it seemed odd for a reputable company such as Fox to release a product with a known issue...glad to hear it was just a documentation/procedural issue...kudos to all that helped find the solution!

meenone69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Ram Power Wagon, 2016 Challenger SRT 392
A steering stabilizer won’t fix underlying issues. The light steering you feel on the hwy could be due to a loose steering box, flex from the steering box, alignment, tire pressure, etc. Also, if you got an adjustable steering stabilizer and you set it to a stiffer setting, in order to have stiffer steering on the hwy, you’d have stiffer steering around town. Steering stabilizers aren’t speed sensitive. My two cents.
Totally agree....I go back and forth between my wife's JT and my 2500 Trucks...most of my time is in the latter, so when I switch the steering feels lite...for you folks that daily drive the JT I doubt u would notice the steering feel. It's just a preference, not an issue.

murktJT

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
whats the install like on these? do you need a "kit" or does it just bolt in stock? seems like a worthwhile upgrade for a few hundred bucks

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It’s just two bolts. I did it in my driveway in like five minutes. It only goes on one way. Like this.
Jeep Gladiator Pulling to right after Fox steering stabilizer install 8FC22850-500B-4117-B3B9-1A44A0F965B7

SC_Paco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Both the TS (non-adjustable) and ATS (adjustable) models are neutral and are through-body designs. After talking with Fox, they are the same exact unit, just one is adjustable and costs about twice as much. I ordered the TS (non-adjustable) version for mine for about $218 on Amazon. It should be in sometime...Hopefully soon, but Amazon is shipping things SLOOOOOW right now.
The TS or the ATS are the ONLY way to go with a Fox product! I have the TS and it works perfectly for a reasonable price. Had the ATS on my JK and adjusted it once and left it so the TS makes sense (Not adjustable)

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
As an update after a couple days of driving with the stabilizer, it really isn't as firm as I would have liked. Around town its perfect but I drive about 60 miles a day on the interstate and it still has a tendency to wander a bit in lane.

I'm not so unhappy that I would want to take it off, but I am considering buying an adjustable stabilizer so I can compare the two.
Thank you for the update!

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Agreed. No installation instructions included with mine as well. Granted it's just a 2 bolt install, but they should include something about priming the stabilizer to equalize it.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
Just put mine on my JTR. All stock tires/suspension otherwise. I did not notice a giant difference. Maybe a 15 - 25% increase in directionality of the steering. Felt more direct when taking bends but straight at normal speeds was not that much different. Although my JT felt pretty solid from factory. Running 32 psi on falcons.

Don’t know if I would want more than what this is for normal driving

My other vehicle is a bmw m series so my attention to steering/tire feedback is very keen.

Sponsored

gladi8or_jt

First Name
Jazzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just put mine on my JTR. All stock tires/suspension otherwise. I did not notice a giant difference. Maybe a 15 - 25% increase in directionality of the steering. Felt more direct when taking bends but straight at normal speeds was not that much different. Although my JT felt pretty solid from factory. Running 32 psi on falcons.

Don’t know if I would want more than what this is for normal driving

My other vehicle is a bmw m series so my attention to steering/tire feedback is very keen.
which steering stabilizer did you go with ?

GladiatorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Well I take back my previous post.... after doing some reading on several other threads, I decided to reinstall the FOX 2.0 IFP stabilizer and "prime" the stabilizer. This was accomplished by moving the steering wheel right to left full lock to full lock 5 times in a row, taking about 1 second per revolution.

After completing this, the steering stabilizer rides perfect! Steering wheel remains centered while driving straight will little to no perceptible pull to the right.

Will update further after I put some more miles on the Gladiator.
Glad i found this post! I had the exact same issue - thanks!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Heh, maybe that’s why i pull right...i have an alignment scheduled Thursday.
If i d had it on for a while can i still “prime it” if I uninstall it first?

Deleted member 30519

I have the garbage RC dual stabilizer. One of the best things about it is less vibration from pedal and less bump steer. I had it on my JL for over a year and kept it for the JT. I gotta buy some new nuts for the little U clamps though because they rusted pretty bad but overall it's a solid product for the price.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Heh, maybe that’s why i pull right...i have an alignment scheduled Thursday.
If i d had it on for a while can i still “prime it” if I uninstall it first?
You don’t need to uninstall it to prime it. I’m pretty sure you can prime it whenever but if you’ve been driving around on it for a while I’d think that by now it’s probably been primed.
Sponsored