Pulling to right after Fox steering stabilizer install

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Like the title says, I just installed the Fox Performance 2.0 IFP steering stabilizer, part number 985-24-173, and now the truck is pulling to the right. I have to clock the steering wheel to 10/11 o’clock to go straight down the road.

It was not doing this prior to install. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I talked with Fox this morning before ordering mine, and we discussed all 3 models they offer for the JL/JT's. And I believe they did say that your model does pull to the right... I could be wrong, but you might want to call them to find out.

I ordered the Fox TS 2.0 model (985-02-127) because he said it was a neutral designed stabilizer that doesn't pull to any particular side, it just dampens the steering and helps smooth-out your driving.

Mine won't be in for a while, but I'll post up my experience when it does show up and I put it on.

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Following as I purchased the same steering stabilizer but haven’t installed it yet. Did you figure out a fix yet?

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
All gas charged units will do that unless it's the higher end ats models that start mid stroke and have pressure on both sides (ats) super common that's why you want the hydraulic only.

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Following as I purchased the same steering stabilizer but haven’t installed it yet. Did you figure out a fix yet?
After trying to adjust my steering wheel, checking the alignment and retorquing my track bar the solution was I put the stock steering stabilizer back on and no more pulling.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All gas charged units will do that unless it's the higher end ats models that start mid stroke and have pressure on both sides (ats) super common that's why you want the hydraulic only.
Both the TS (non-adjustable) and ATS (adjustable) models are neutral and are through-body designs. After talking with Fox, they are the same exact unit, just one is adjustable and costs about twice as much. I ordered the TS (non-adjustable) version for mine for about $218 on Amazon. It should be in sometime...Hopefully soon, but Amazon is shipping things SLOOOOOW right now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I take back my previous post.... after doing some reading on several other threads, I decided to reinstall the FOX 2.0 IFP stabilizer and "prime" the stabilizer. This was accomplished by moving the steering wheel right to left full lock to full lock 5 times in a row, taking about 1 second per revolution.

After completing this, the steering stabilizer rides perfect! Steering wheel remains centered while driving straight will little to no perceptible pull to the right.

Will update further after I put some more miles on the Gladiator.

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I take back my previous post.... after doing some reading on several other threads, I decided to reinstall the FOX 2.0 IFP stabilizer and "prime" the stabilizer. This was accomplished by moving the steering wheel right to left full lock to full lock 5 times in a row, taking about 1 second per revolution.

After completing this, the steering stabilizer rides perfect! Steering wheel remains centered while driving straight will little to no perceptible pull to the right.

Will update further after I put some more miles on the Gladiator.
Thanks for the tip! I will try this when I install
My this week.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yeah. I sat in my driveway and turned lock to lock like ten times, while waiting like five seconds in between, before I drove mine. I read somewhere on here to do that. Maybe, that’s why mine never pulled. I’m still very happy with mine.

meenone69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Ram Power Wagon, 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Interesting issue...I went with the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2. 2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer and have had no such issues at all...in fact I prefer the adjustable settings better than the oe part. The Firm setting really tightens up the steering nicely. It seems odd that Fox would put a product out that knowingly forced the vehicle right all the time.

Cyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting issue...I went with the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF 2. 2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer and have had no such issues at all...in fact I prefer the adjustable settings better than the oe part. The Firm setting really tightens up the steering nicely. It seems odd that Fox would put a product out that knowingly forced the vehicle right all the time.
Per OP and others as well, the unit needs to be primed before install which I’m guessing is the same for other stabilizers other fox as well.

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an update after a couple days of driving with the stabilizer, it really isn't as firm as I would have liked. Around town its perfect but I drive about 60 miles a day on the interstate and it still has a tendency to wander a bit in lane.

I'm not so unhappy that I would want to take it off, but I am considering buying an adjustable stabilizer so I can compare the two.
Sponsored