Pulling Right After Tire install

bainbridge-xj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Cherokee XJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
For what it is worth, several years ago I replaced Toyo ATs with Toyo MTs on my 1998 Cherokee- immediately started pulling right (at the time, I figured it was something other than the tires). When purchasing my Gladiator a year ago, I had the dealer install Toyo MTs. It pulled right to the point the dealership refused to sell it to me until they figured out what was wrong. Thinking it might be the tires, I had them swap out to Nitto Trail Grapplers- problem solved. So, it could be a variety of things but tires seem like an easy place to start. And I will likely get around to replacing the tires on my Cherokee here soon...
Sponsored

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
For what it is worth, several years ago I replaced Toyo ATs with Toyo MTs on my 1998 Cherokee- immediately started pulling right (at the time, I figured it was something other than the tires). When purchasing my Gladiator a year ago, I had the dealer install Toyo MTs. It pulled right to the point the dealership refused to sell it to me until they figured out what was wrong. Thinking it might be the tires, I had them swap out to Nitto Trail Grapplers- problem solved. So, it could be a variety of things but tires seem like an easy place to start. And I will likely get around to replacing the tires on my Cherokee here soon...
Thanks for the experience, this is the first set of MTs I have owned. I have always had All Terrains before so I didn't know that was a thing. Hopefully it's not the tires cus they weren't cheap lol.

But let me get something straight your Toyo MTs have lasted from 1998 to 2021? My heavens I picked the wrong tire lol 😆

bainbridge-xj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Cherokee XJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the experience, this is the first set of MTs I have owned. I have always had All Terrains before so I didn't know that was a thing. Hopefully it's not the tires cus they weren't cheap lol.

But let me get something straight your Toyo MTs have lasted from 1998 to 2021? My heavens I picked the wrong tire lol 😆
I wish! No, I have had the Toyo MTs on my Cherokee for only the last 4-5 years or so. I actually have gotten used to it pulling right (and they are amazing offroad) but I am giving it to my 16 year old son and he isn't thrilled with the way it drives. So it is probably time to switch to something else- probably Nitto Grapplers.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
A clients JT pulled to the right after Toyo MT'S were installed and another client's JK pulled left after Trail Grapplers were installed! Sometimes no real solution, so gotta find a work around! :CWL:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
A clients JT pulled to the right after Toyo MT'S were installed and another client's JK pulled left after Trail Grapplers were installed! Sometimes no real solution, so gotta find a work around! :CWL:
Ah, two of each! Problem solved.

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
The Cherokee pulls hard left when the pressure drops more than 5 psi in the nailed up front left. Pressure up to match the right-no pull. Goodyear Wranglers. Did you use the Auto Fill Alert to check your pressures? Was the system calibrated correctly from the factory? New TPS sensors on new wheels? Again, was the system properly calibrated? The manual is your friend.

OP
OP
CJtoJTR

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was moments away from heading back to the tire shop and trying to swap out the STT Pro’s for some AT type tire. As a last ditch effort to keep running the Coopers I decided to go ahead and put an adjustable track bar on the JT even though the Jeep customer service folks ensured me I didn’t need to with the Mopar lift. I ended up pushing the axle over to the passenger side a little over quarter of an inch. Wow, what a difference it has made. I can now go down the road without fighting the steering wheel. These 37’s still wonder a little more with the pitch of the road than do the stock 33’s but I will chock that up to the cost of running more aggressive tires.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
I was moments away from heading back to the tire shop and trying to swap out the STT Pro’s for some AT type tire. As a last ditch effort to keep running the Coopers I decided to go ahead and put an adjustable track bar on the JT even though the Jeep customer service folks ensured me I didn’t need to with the Mopar lift. I ended up pushing the axle over to the passenger side a little over quarter of an inch. Wow, what a difference it has made. I can now go down the road without fighting the steering wheel. These 37’s still wonder a little more with the pitch of the road than do the stock 33’s but I will chock that up to the cost of running more aggressive tires.
So you think an adjustable track bar was your fix? I recently install Tera Flex 1.5" leveling kit and Longer Mopar control arms along with 35' MTs and now have a pretty good pull to the right. just curious if you though that's what it was.

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
I installed a Mopar 2” lift w/ 3/4” daystar spacers in the front, kept the factory rubi wheel and tire set up and drove around for a day then had the Jeep dealership do an alignment. At that point everything was golden. The Jeep drove straight and felt just like stock.
I then installed some new wheels and 37’s. Now the Jeep pulls right and I mostly have to keep the steering wheel at 11 o’clock to go straight down the road.
I’ve played around with the air pressure (I’m running 30 psi cold, gets to 35 psi warmed up) and I had discount tire (where I had the wheels and tires installed) cross swap the wheels. Same issue
Most of you guys have more expertise with suspension and tire setups than me so I was hoping to get some thoughts on what my issue might be here and some things I could try to get’r tracking straight again?

75507821-F7A0-44FA-B2E5-2EEF53E33473.jpeg
Have you accounted for the crown in the road? When I put tires in my 4Runner it always pulls toward the high point in the road. Typically to the left in the right lane and to the right in the left lane. The larger tires could be increasing the effect of the road crown. Just a thought.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
What track bar did you end up going with?

I have the same issue of pulling to the right. I have a 2.5" Terraflex lift with 35" AT's. I did a tire rotation and no help so I have an appointment for an alignment next week but I dont have high hopes that will fix the issue. Maybe I need a new track bar?

Sponsored

macklee1009

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I installed a Mopar 2” lift w/ 3/4” daystar spacers in the front, kept the factory rubi wheel and tire set up and drove around for a day then had the Jeep dealership do an alignment. At that point everything was golden. The Jeep drove straight and felt just like stock.
I then installed some new wheels and 37’s. Now the Jeep pulls right and I mostly have to keep the steering wheel at 11 o’clock to go straight down the road.
I’ve played around with the air pressure (I’m running 30 psi cold, gets to 35 psi warmed up) and I had discount tire (where I had the wheels and tires installed) cross swap the wheels. Same issue
Most of you guys have more expertise with suspension and tire setups than me so I was hoping to get some thoughts on what my issue might be here and some things I could try to get’r tracking straight again?

75507821-F7A0-44FA-B2E5-2EEF53E33473.jpeg
I just put the 35" STT Pros on my Gladiator and it is doing the exact same thing. Ran straight as an arrow with the Rubi stock wheels and tires.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Just mounted Toyo MT 37s, I only have 1.5in teraflex spacer in the front. Now experiencing right pull. Anyone fixed it?
Sponsored