Sponsored

Putting a JTRD order in next week. How's my build? Questions...

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Well after some extreme internal debate, I've settled on getting a JT Rubicon Diesel over the JL. I really am not a fan of the 4 door Wrangler(or 4 door trucks for that matter) and I realized that a JL version of the JK8 most likely isn't going to happen at least for a long time. Also on 37's, a JLURD most likely won't fit in my garage anyhow so I might as well get something more useful. I do quite a lot of kiteboarding, so the JT will help keep the sand out of the interior and I think with a good bed cover, it will be more secure with the doors and top off. Plus I think the JT looks much better in white compared to the JLU and I've always had white jeeps (05 LJR, YJUD-I stretched the frame/tub to unlimited length and swapped a TDI in it). So anyhow here's my build, would love suggestions and recommendations. I'm going to try at first my local dealer for the order to see the pricing, if it's not close to Gruptons in TN, I'll just order from there. Also at the bottom I'm including what I plan on getting aftermarket and would love to know if it's just worth getting in the order. Sorry for the long post.

-JT Rubicon model in Bright White(wish they offered Stone White like my LJR)
-Diesel engine
-Matching color fenders
-Satin black grill (question on that below)
-Black 3 piece hardtop
-Cloth seats
-All weather slushmats
-8.4 radio w/ premium audio
-LED lighting Group
-Cold weather group
-Aux Switch group
-Trailer Tow Package
-Engine block heater
-Perhaps GG windshield (I know the GG orders for the JL are VERY delayed right now)

Now here's what I'm planning on getting aftermarket
-2.5 Clayton Premium lift
-Fuel D123 Block Beadlocks(red) with 37s
-A stubby Aluminum front bumper with recessed winch mount(haven't decided which yet, looking for suggestions)
-front foward camera (looking for one that has same options like factory like wheel position)
-Locking bed cover(looking for suggestions)
-sunrider top

Questions:
Is the Jeep stock roll up Tonneau cover worth the money or are there better aftermarket options out there? I want to be able to somewhat secure several thousands of dollars worth of kite gear. I like the rollup feature on Jeep's though. Seems easy to store when I'm carrying my Husky 701 in the bed.

Is the satin Grill similar to the JL where it's only the grill, NOT the bottom surround - pic attached for comparision

View attachment 163794

This will be mostly ridden on the beach and with the top/doors off(how I've always driven my jeeps), hows the security under the rear seats? Can the seats be completely removed?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

=Jason-
Sponsored

RGNOUTLAW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Charger Hellcat, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon diese
Occupation
Heavy Haul Owner Operator
If you get a tonneau cover, you can't use a rack system as they don't work well together. If you can get it, the trail rail system is an excellent upgrade. Also the jeep steel bumper can be converted into a stubby and looks good. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
LOGS

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
If you get a tonneau cover, you can't use a rack system as they don't work well together. If you can get it, the trail rail system is an excellent upgrade. Also the jeep steel bumper can be converted into a stubby and looks good. Just my 2 cents.
I decided on an aftermarket rolling hard cover after some research. Does the steel bumper include a upgraded rear bumper on the JT? Honestly I really just want to go aluminum for the bumpers to help save weight.

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
From what I've read recently, no orders are currently being taken. You will be ordering a 2022 model.

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
Not entirely true regarding tonneau covers. I’ve got the Bak Revolver x4s and it has built in t-slots that are compatible with a few rack options. I’m currently using Rhino Rack vortex bars. It also appears that the Yakima outpost/overhaul systems would work, waiting for confirmation from Yakima or to see the fit before I purchase though.

edit - agreed on the Jeep steel
Bumper. I like it’s look more than most aftermarket options I’ve seen.

Jeep Gladiator Putting a JTRD order in next week.  How's my build?  Questions... BDE91901-736D-41AB-928C-742AAE7381CD

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
+Proximity Doorlocks

OP
OP
LOGS

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
From what I've read recently, no orders are currently being taken. You will be ordering a 2022 model.
according to what? This is news to me

+Proximity Doorlocks
Normally I would agree but I do a bunch of kiteboarding which includes hiding the key somewhere on the vehicle while I'm out on the water. That would be no bueno with the proximity.

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
Well after some extreme internal debate, I've settled on getting a JT Rubicon Diesel over the JL. I really am not a fan of the 4 door Wrangler(or 4 door trucks for that matter) and I realized that a JL version of the JK8 most likely isn't going to happen at least for a long time. Also on 37's, a JLURD most likely won't fit in my garage anyhow so I might as well get something more useful. I do quite a lot of kiteboarding, so the JT will help keep the sand out of the interior and I think with a good bed cover, it will be more secure with the doors and top off. Plus I think the JT looks much better in white compared to the JLU and I've always had white jeeps (05 LJR, YJUD-I stretched the frame/tub to unlimited length and swapped a TDI in it). So anyhow here's my build, would love suggestions and recommendations. I'm going to try at first my local dealer for the order to see the pricing, if it's not close to Gruptons in TN, I'll just order from there. Also at the bottom I'm including what I plan on getting aftermarket and would love to know if it's just worth getting in the order. Sorry for the long post.

-JT Rubicon model in Bright White(wish they offered Stone White like my LJR)
-Diesel engine
-Matching color fenders
-Satin black grill (question on that below)
-Black 3 piece hardtop
-Cloth seats
-All weather slushmats
-8.4 radio w/ premium audio
-LED lighting Group
-Cold weather group
-Aux Switch group
-Trailer Tow Package
-Engine block heater
-Perhaps GG windshield (I know the GG orders for the JL are VERY delayed right now)

Now here's what I'm planning on getting aftermarket
-2.5 Clayton Premium lift
-Fuel D123 Block Beadlocks(red) with 37s
-A stubby Aluminum front bumper with recessed winch mount(haven't decided which yet, looking for suggestions)
-front foward camera (looking for one that has same options like factory like wheel position)
-Locking bed cover(looking for suggestions)
-sunrider top

Questions:
Is the Jeep stock roll up Tonneau cover worth the money or are there better aftermarket options out there? I want to be able to somewhat secure several thousands of dollars worth of kite gear. I like the rollup feature on Jeep's though. Seems easy to store when I'm carrying my Husky 701 in the bed.

Is the satin Grill similar to the JL where it's only the grill, NOT the bottom surround - pic attached for comparision

View attachment 163794

This will be mostly ridden on the beach and with the top/doors off(how I've always driven my jeeps), hows the security under the rear seats? Can the seats be completely removed?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

=Jason-
The diesel comes with an block heater in it. All you need to do is buy a $20 cord and save yourself $60.
Sponsored