Sponsored

Questions about the stereo and adaptive cruise.

Upperbump

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Hey folks! We drove a JT Mojave and really liked it. Dealer only had a few and they were base models. I found one on another lot that has most things we want except the Alpine stereo and adaptive cruise control. Have not looked at it yet as it's a couple hrs. drive away. Sales guy said the 9 speaker stereo sounds pretty good and if I break the windshield on the adaptive cruise model its an expensive fix. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
The Alpine is good, better than the base stereo. But what is the actual display? Usually it comes with the larger display.

As for the Adaptive, a windshield replacement is more expensive as it has to be re-calibrated with the new windshield. The glass itself is not that expensive.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Jeeps do NOT need to be recalibrated on a windshield replacement. There are no sensors in the glass, if you replace with OEM glass nothing else needs to be done.

OP
OP
Upperbump

Upperbump

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the replies ....I'm coming from a Ram 3500 limited and the Alpine stereo has me spoiled. I'll probably wait until I can order order a 24. Thanks for sharing that about the windshield also.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Jeeps do NOT need to be recalibrated on a windshield replacement. There are no sensors in the glass, if you replace with OEM glass nothing else needs to be done.
Not sure where you get your info but there are no sensors in any of the glass for vehicles with Advanced Safety features. It is usually based from a camera/sensors on the rearview mirror or dash. All windshield replacements on any vehicle with the safety features should be recalibrated. It used to be an expensive venture because only dealerships could do it but currently more glass shops have their own calibration. Safelite I think charges $250 on top of the glass replacement if you have Advanced Safety.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Not sure where you get your info but there are no sensors in any of the glass for vehicles with Advanced Safety features. It is usually based from a camera/sensors on the rearview mirror or dash. All windshield replacements on any vehicle with the safety features should be recalibrated. It used to be an expensive venture because only dealerships could do it but currently more glass shops have their own calibration. Safelite I think charges $250 on top of the glass replacement if you have Advanced Safety.
Windshields do indeed have sensors attached to them unlike the jeep:
Jeep Gladiator Questions about the stereo and adaptive cruise. 1682020902122

Those sensors above are integral to the windshield and do not stay with the vehicle when you replace the screen unlike on the wrangler. This is why regular cars with active safety features need to be recalibrated.

The gladiator and wrangler do not need to be recalibrated because the system is not attached to the windshield. If you had to recalibrate it every time you changed the glass you'd also need to recalibrate it every time you lowered and raised the windshield.

firemarshallvin

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR
Occupation
Engineer/Firefighter
I had to deal with this on my Ram last year and it was painful. I have the Adaptive Cruise now on my Gladdy, and hope that if.... the day comes it's not such a hassle. Agreed, there's no pieces attached like with others, but the glass has the cutouts that need to be aligned with the sensors in the upper frame. I believe that's what needs to be calibrated, but I can see it going either way and working sometimes, but not others when replaced. Been seeing some more threads lately on this too and it's a toss up with who had issues or not. Some starting to claim their lifts caused issues and Safelite wouldn't do it. Safelite attempted to do mine with a level, but couldn't get it to take in the end and the dealer had to handle it. Turned out there was a misaligned physical piece per the dealer when they reinstalled everything.

OP
OP
Upperbump

Upperbump

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the headsup guys. Itoo have dealt with this on my Ram limited...not fun!
Sponsored