Sponsored

REVIEW: Carolina Metal Masters holster bracket.

Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU, 2020 Gladiator, 2020 Gladiator
Over my life, I have bought just shy of 30 Jeeps. Out of all those Jeeps, I have never really had a perfect place to put my handgun. I tried on my last gladiator a few different accessories for holsters and holster brackets. Well, CMM came out with a bracket to be used with different holsters and I got mine in and installed it. I can tell you that it's PERFECT! It holds the pistol perfectly, the ergonomics and placement of the holster is perfect.

Just thought I'd share it with ya'll if you're looking for a great place to put your handgun.

Carolina Metal Masters

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I've got some CMM stuff on my Jeep too, it's just so damn expensive for these tiny specialty pieces. Quality is good though!

DFlannery31

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR wrangler
Occupation
First Responder
What model alien gear holster do they recommend?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Orangecrush03

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU, 2020 Gladiator, 2020 Gladiator
What model alien gear holster do they recommend?
They suggested the shape shift holster. I use a Glock 27 so I'm assuming you can use an shape shift holster for the model of gun you have.

Mark

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Over my life, I have bought just shy of 30 Jeeps. Out of all those Jeeps, I have never really had a perfect place to put my handgun. I tried on my last gladiator a few different accessories for holsters and holster brackets. Well, CMM came out with a bracket to be used with different holsters and I got mine in and installed it. I can tell you that it's PERFECT! It holds the pistol perfectly, the ergonomics and placement of the holster is perfect.

Just thought I'd share it with ya'll if you're looking for a great place to put your handgun.

Carolina Metal Masters

Jeep Gladiator REVIEW: Carolina Metal Masters holster bracket. IMG_4244.JPG

I be liking that, I will be looking into this, thanks for the tip

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke

Carolina Metal Masters

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG
Wait, I thought this came with a holster, so this is the bracket and you attach a holster you procured elsewhere....new it was too easy, lmao

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I lay mine between the ebrake handle and the console. The barrel end lays right on the little rubber pad. It is so perfect I figured it was engineered as a Glock holder.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This looks like a well executed design of a terrible idea.

Why?? And why would you want to make it so that someone casually looking into the truck while you are driving or stopped at a light, or pulled over by a cop, can see it?

Keep the gun on you or if you MUST take it off , then remove the entire holster and put the whole package in the glove box.

If its an OWB holster, you should be able to drive comfortably with it. If not, get a better holster. I've been carrying for 30+ years. It takes a while to get comfortable carrying. It sucks until then. Especially driving.

If its an IWB, you will get used to it. Clint smith once famously said that carrying a firearm should be comforting not comfortable.

I don't necessarily agree with that. But there are many ways to make it so you don't have to do these ridiculous gymnastics to drive comfortably.

I mentioned earlier removing the whole "package". I'm talking about an IwB with belt clips like the Alien gear or CrossBreed holsters.

Either way. Stupid product well executed.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I lay mine between the ebrake handle and the console. The barrel end lays right on the little rubber pad. It is so perfect I figured it was engineered as a Glock holder.
Is it in a holster? If not, is there a round in the chamber??

Scratches head
Yeah. Me too.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No, not in holster
Yes, round in chamber.
I remove it from Fobus holster when I enter vehicle.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One last thing. A good gun handling protocol has you administratively loading / unloading and holstering / unholstering as little as possible.

People make mistakes.

Mistakes can't happen if you aren't handling a loaded unholstered firearm.

My protocol at night is to remove the entire holster and put it away. In the morning, I put the entire holster on.

Accordingly, if my wife or I see a gun in the safe that is in a holster it means its loaded. One of the 4 rules of gun safety is to treat every gun like its loaded. So it doesn't change that.

What it means is that in a bad situation, we can COUNT ON the gun being loaded if its in a holster in the safe.

Some of you young guys who haven't seen people make mistakes will say or think, well I wouldn't make that mistake. I know not to put my finger inside the trigger guard. I know to always point it in a safe direction.

Bullshit.

People make mistakes. I've made mistakes. There are 2 kinds of shooters. Those that have had negligent discharges and those that will.

If your muzzle discipline is good, nobody got hurt. In my case, I was bird hunting with just my dog. I had just crossed a fence line and I properly opened my double when I stepped over the fence.

When I snapped it shut the gun went off. I don't remember having my finger inside the trigger guard. I don't remember doing anything wrong. I honestly don't know how it happened. I had the gun checked and by Cole, one of the top Beretta gunsmiths in the country. They found nothing wrong. The only logical conclusion is that I pulled the trigger. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that.

An accident chain is a series of events that if one of the items did not happen, then the accident wouldn't have occurred. We try to design safety protocols so that there are as many links as possible so that it is least likely there will be an accident.

When it comes to firearms it goes like this.

1) limit administrative handling of a firearm unless you have a completely safe place to do it.
2) don't load the gun unless it is in use. (a defensive gun is always in use)
3) keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
4) don't point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.

If you do any of the 4 things right, even if you do 3 wrong, nobody is going to get hurt.

I'm rambling but I once took a carbine class at Academi.

We were in a stack going into a room and as I turned I swept the lower legs of the guy in front of me. Me and some other guy who was a dentist were the only amateurs in the class. The rest were ex-mil guys who were going to Yemen to guard the US Embassy on an Academi (Blackwater's new name) contract.

After we ran the drill, I approached the guy in front and fessed up and apologized. The guy behind me interrupted me and told me that he saw it happen and noted that my finger was extended along the side of the receiver and my safety was on. So "no big deal, big boy rules".

They then both explained to me that it was not uncommon to sweep the guy in front's feet/lower legs when doing this drill and that that was why it was so important to have good trigger discipline. He then explained that he and the rest of the group had been watching both me and the dentist throughout the class to check our trigger finger and muzzle discipline and only after telling the instructor that we were ok, did he decide to do this drill.

So - people make mistakes. Create systems and protocols so that mistakes dont' cause problems.
Sponsored

Last edited: