First Name
Mke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Machinist
Installed the Rancho kit today I also used a 1/2 inch spacer thinking that would help with the weight of the steel bumper and winch. Also used the geometry corection brackets. Didn't add the spacer for the rear, just the shocks. sits good I think.
Jeep Gladiator Rancho 1.5" LEVEL IT system for the JT rancho level 2
Sponsored

mgw750

First Name
Mke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Machinist
No, I have 33's on the factory Altitude wheels. I felt it was going to be to much of a loss of performance and mpg going to 35's with 3.73 gears.

mgw750

First Name
Mke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Machinist
I agree, looks ridiculous with the all season tires.

Sponsored

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
So... folks are running our HD rear springs (and longer shock) but that is suggested with a constant(ISH) load. :)
Do you need longer springs with the HD rear springs if you have a constant load on the bed? Right now I have stock suspension on my JTR, OEM steel front bumper and winch so it had a fair amount of rake pre camper. I recently added an Ovrlnd pop-up camper on the bed, so it's a constant 300lbs. Right now it's actually fairly level looking now. However, once I add the rest of my gear for a trip, I get sag. I don't want to add lifts, etc. I like having the lower COG. Would be nice to find a solution for HD springs to handle the heavier load but still use the OEM fox shocks and not need to start lifting it.

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
So this is a longer coil/heavier duty tuned for added weight. So if used with a constant load perfect.
But you need a LONGER travel shock. OE is too short (maybe an adapter will work)

( I think you meant to say "longer shock" in your first sentence :) )

Do you need longer springs with the HD rear springs if you have a constant load on the bed? Right now I have stock suspension on my JTR, OEM steel front bumper and winch so it had a fair amount of rake pre camper. I recently added an Ovrlnd pop-up camper on the bed, so it's a constant 300lbs. Right now it's actually fairly level looking now. However, once I add the rest of my gear for a trip, I get sag. I don't want to add lifts, etc. I like having the lower COG. Would be nice to find a solution for HD springs to handle the heavier load but still use the OEM fox shocks and not need to start lifting it.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
So this is a longer coil/heavier duty tuned for added weight. So if used with a constant load perfect.
But you need a LONGER travel shock. OE is too short (maybe an adapter will work)

( I think you meant to say "longer shock" in your first sentence :) )
I’d recommend shocks for ~3.5” lift. I have the HD coils in rear paired with Rancho from 3” coils plus 3/4 spacer.

Sponsored

Mojave20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Rancho 3” coils plus 3/4 spacer on front
Rancho HD 3.5” coils rear (very supportive on a recent road trip with lots of gear)

IMG_4805.jpeg
I’ve been eyeing those rear coils. You have any pics loaded with gear? I have the 3.5 RC kit for a Mojave and it sags in the rear when loaded with gear.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I’ve been eyeing those rear coils. You have any pics loaded with gear? I have the 3.5 RC kit for a Mojave and it sags in the rear when loaded with gear.
I don’t but taking a trip with my tent and rack in September. I also own a Mojave that I’ll be installing in July the front Rancho 3” coils (no spacer) and the 2.5” rear coils from the 3” lift kit system (not HD). Basically using the 3” kit with with shock extensions. Happy to share photos on both.

Mojave20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I don’t but taking a trip with my tent and rack in September. I also own a Mojave that I’ll be installing in July the front Rancho 3” coils (no spacer) and the 2.5” rear coils from the 3” lift kit system (not HD). Basically using the 3” kit with with shock extensions. Happy to share photos on both.
Thanks. It’s good to hear feedback on the rear coils. Not much out there on them.

Zsis

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
So for the rear, did you just add shocks? I am going to install the front Level it kit with a 1/2' spacer as well and want to bring my rear up as well. Thought about the Icon 1 3/8" in spacer, but if I can leave my stock Sport S rear springs and just add new shocks, I would rather do that.

Installed the Rancho kit today I also used a 1/2 inch spacer thinking that would help with the weight of the steel bumper and winch. Also used the geometry corection brackets. Didn't add the spacer for the rear, just the shocks. sits good I think.
Jeep Gladiator Rancho 1.5" LEVEL IT system for the JT IMG_4805

mgw750

First Name
Mke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Machinist
I eventually added a daystar 3/4 rear spacer. It sits with an ever so slight rake. Can't see it well on picture. I really like the whole setup.
Jeep Gladiator Rancho 1.5" LEVEL IT system for the JT 20230925_065232
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.