Sponsored

Rattle from engine when accelerating (sounds like keys)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have that on both sides. Dealer doesn’t care as usual.
To most vehicle makers, fluid staining is not a warranty actionable item until droplets actual pool and form.
Sponsored

Jeyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Got it, good to know... Im trying to limit the length of my messages after i just scrolled past one of my previous responses which i would almost deem a novel but will add that the tech did say that they were aware of the tsb and had performed a handful+ of them and wouldnt guruantee it would be a lasting fix but said it would definitely be gone when i picked up the jeep but could return in ~ 3k miles, 20k miles, or never but kept telling me it was due to poor gas and nothing to do with the previous version of the PSV valve after casually bringing that into the conversation, which at that point i think the service mgr. thought i was a secret spy spying on Steallantis anyways i figured id take the repair under warranty since i would at least get the newer version part(s) and an "engine refresh" then will revisit when needed since it has been well documented (i feel my arrogance biting my ass in the future for some reason)..deuces
UPDATE:
Picked up our JT yesterday evening after the TSB 09-012-22 was performed, as well as the seals on the spark plug tubes were replaced (and some other warranty service that was non-engine related)…
I'll start by saying there is definitely an improvement but will quickly and simply end by saying, while the engine noise is less frequent and less pronounced, it is still present.
Of course, the service invoice states that the tech test drove the vehicle after the service was performed and "confirmed" that the noise is no longer present, however, we literally heard the engine noise when pulling out of the dealership....

DesertRunner

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Giulia
My Mojave is in the shop for this TSB but they are refusing to cover it. Instead they are trying to charge me for new spark plugs and a new PCV. I'm at 59,333 miles.

Jeyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Mojave is in the shop for this TSB but they are refusing to cover it. Instead they are trying to charge me for new spark plugs and a new PCV. I'm at 59,333 miles.
Each dealership is different...the first one wouldnt even look at our truck without charging us $200 and they most certainly wouldnt have covered the TSB or anything else we had done to it, while the 2nd dealership covered the TSB in addition to several other things that would only be covered under the bumper to bumper which we are just beyond our mileage for that.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
however, we literally heard the engine noise when pulling out of the dealership....
Are you SURE that's detonation? Positive? There's other rattles that sure sound a lot like it and pulling out of a dealership doesn't sound like the sort of scenario to make an engine detonate. It would have to already be totally warmed up, and under load at lower RPM to do that.
The automatics typically don't allow that sort of load without a downshift. And it won't happen until or unless the engine is up to temperature.

Jeyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you SURE that's detonation? Positive? There's other rattles that sure sound a lot like it and pulling out of a dealership doesn't sound like the sort of scenario to make an engine detonate. It would have to already be totally warmed up, and under load at lower RPM to do that.
The automatics typically don't allow that sort of load without a downshift. And it won't happen until or unless the engine is up to temperature.
The truck had been running for quite awhile before we actually pulled out bc we had to swap out all of our stuff from rental car to truck so it was at operating temperature. The noise occurs under load at lower RPM's...same noise that I took it in for and that the dealership agreed was detonation or spark knock. It's the same noise that a lot of other members have reported and posted audio clips of...the only other thing that someone pointed out it could be was the O2 sensor bracket which was eliminated and the noise was present after eliminating this as well...I'd be relieved to find out it's not detonation however I'd be surprised if it was found to be something else...I believe it has something to do with the factory tune of the engine which needs to be adjusted via a software update....

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
I have a rattle that is slightly audible when I first start driving but it goes away after a little bit. I've been trying to pinpoint it but it doesn't sound like it is the engine and more like something drive train related. LIke I said it goes away after a short while.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Mine still does this on light acceleration going around a corner for example. It goes away with higher octane gas. The dealer says everything is normal. Dealers usually suck, so there is that. I'm at 59,000 miles, so I guess I'll just use higher octane from now on or get a tune.

Banned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Occupation
Mariner
LOL
Have you helped one single customer actually get their Jeep fixed?
I’ve had this problem since new off the transport truck 4 years ago on this very day. Been to the dealership about 20-30 times for this exact issue & there is always some ridiculous excuse for not being able to fix it. They can’t even figure out why it happens (so they say).
JEEP knows about the problem and I want to know why they won’t fix it. My guess is because it’s too expensive to fix & that would be the ethical thing to do… which is why they won’t.
fuggin scum bags.
In 2017, I bought a new Ram 2500/6.4L, after 500 miles, the engine started the Hemi tick, really loud. After dealing with "Ram cares" for a month, they stopped taking my calls. I had been to the dealership several times, where the service manager and "top techs" pretended like they couldn't hear anything and refused to trade the truck out, refund me, or otherwise help in any shape, way or form. I even talked to the owner of the dealership who didn't give two shits and a jar of cold piss. I bothered them for about another month, cornered the service manager in his office one day and finally got the truth. He said they know there's a problem, it's inherent in the Hemi design, the lifters lay almost horizontal in the engine block and sometimes lose/bleed off pressure which causes the Hemi tick, and sometimes valve train failure. Being a design flaw, if they took the engine apart to fix the tick, there would be no indication anything was wrong, so Ram wouldn't pay for it. He said my only option was live with the tick and hope it fails within warranty.
Sponsored