Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Damn wish I had known a little in advance. Been wanting to get to Rausch for the first time.
I know I'm always willing to go! (Given that I'm not taking my son to a sports activity, or we are not camping somewhere)... Feel free to post on here, or send us a PM!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Knightindullarmor

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Same goes for me.

I work a lot of weekends, but if I'm off work, always willing to go on an adventure

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I'd like to join you guys next time, I'll keep my eyes out for updates.

OP
OP
Knightindullarmor

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Next time, will have better notice. This was a last minute thing. Wife & I were supposed to go to a concert that got canceled and we already had a hotel in central PA booked and had put in for time off work.

I'm glad the concert was canceled because we got to go offroading on Sunday & Hershey Park on Monday. Had a blast.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I cant wait until mid-September when I get my license back (pulled for medical reasons) so I can try out some of these places.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Looking for a fall date to go do Crawl Daddy. I may regret it. It bothers me that I am this close to RC and have not done it yet.
Got Trail 11, Crawler Ridge and Krawlin for Cops; gotta get Crawl Daddy. Basically stock JTR, 35's, LCA skids, and a winch.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be up for another trip up there. I live about 45 minutes away. I'd like to try some more blue-type trails, and like you, will probably regret it, haha!

OP
OP
Knightindullarmor

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Looking for a fall date to go do Crawl Daddy. I may regret it. It bothers me that I am this close to RC and have not done it yet.
Got Trail 11, Crawler Ridge and Krawlin for Cops; gotta get Crawl Daddy. Basically stock JTR, 35's, LCA skids, and a winch.
LCA skids would have benefited me greatly. That is the one thing that even picking careful lines can't compensate for (you put your tires on the rock, but then LCA bracket kawangs on it as your tires get past it).

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Also check out AOAA, if you haven't been. It's right down the road. We went there the weekend we bought the JT as its first christening.

https://www.aoaatrails.com/experience-aoaa/experience-aoaa

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
All right, start checking calendars. We should get a group together for RC or AOAA this fall.
Is anyone interested in having 'Off Road Consulting' be our guide? Then we don't have to look at maps. (I don't know either place well enough to lead.)

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All right, start checking calendars. We should get a group together for RC or AOAA this fall.
Is anyone interested in having 'Off Road Consulting' be our guide? Then we don't have to look at maps. (I don't know either place well enough to lead.)
Sounds good, although I want to have a lift and 35s in place by then, depending on which trails we'd be going after. Hopefully I find something at the swap meet in Carlisle this weekend.

When I bought this jeep, I had no plans to lift it. I was only doing 35s when the stock 33s wore out. Oh well.

By the way, you can't get lost at AOAA. All the trails loop back to the main trail. At RC, you could, though.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
@NachoRuby I have not been to RC since I put the 35's on. Did everything stock, with rack and RTT on. So be not afraid!

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@NachoRuby I have not been to RC since I put the 35's on. Did everything stock, with rack and RTT on. So be not afraid!
Tell my wife that. She hates the sound of skids on rocks. Thinks something is breaking every time. I told her that's why it has skid plates. If it didn't, she'd just hear "snap!" Or "thunk!" And that's much worse haha.

OP
OP
Knightindullarmor

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Yeah, Nacho heard my wife yelping whenever we bottomed out, lol.

I think we have a handle on a good chunk of Rausch at this point, at least good enough to navigate through Power Line, Trail H, Trail B, Trail 11, etc... without a guide.

OP
OP
Knightindullarmor

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
I will check with work to see what weekends we have available in the late October/early November time-frame.
Sponsored