NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Anyone have an lca skid recommendation?

Other than a little scraping on the fuel tank skid, which is to be expected, this is all I found, post wash inspection. Last time out, I hit the other side.

Jeep Gladiator Rausch Creek March 26th meetup IMG_20220328_174103
Jeep Gladiator Rausch Creek March 26th meetup IMG_20220328_174014

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Anyone have an lca skid recommendation?

Other than a little scraping on the fuel tank skid, which is to be expected, this is all I found, post wash inspection. Last time out, I hit the other side.

Rusty's off road is what I have, and they did a good job. They were $89 at the time I bought them and I sprayed them with a few coats of rustoleum bed liner spray before I put them on. Install was pretty easy with a helping hand for a buddy. You want to get the top bolt in first or you won't be able to get to it. Some don't even use the top bolt. Then you reuse the factory bolt in the middle. I've seen others say they needed to make that hole larger, but I had smooth install with mine. I'll touch them up with some more of the spray paint by the end of the week. They do the job!

Jeep Gladiator Rausch Creek March 26th meetup 20220327_193334

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I have the Rusty's also, there are really HD, and I did not have a problem getting the three bolts in. The LCA skid is the only skid on the aftermarket that should be standard on every Gladiator, it is so low it should be factory, Jeep dropped the ball here. You do not have to be doing hardcore offroading to hit the LCA mounts and mess them up.....Jack

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Rusty's off road is what I have, and they did a good job. They were $89 at the time I bought them and I sprayed them with a few coats of rustoleum bed liner spray before I put them on. Install was pretty easy with a helping hand for a buddy. You want to get the top bolt in first or you won't be able to get to it. Some don't even use the top bolt. Then you reuse the factory bolt in the middle. I've seen others say they needed to make that hole larger, but I had smooth install with mine. I'll touch them up with some more of the spray paint by the end of the week. They do the job!

Jeep Gladiator Rausch Creek March 26th meetup 20220327_193334
I could have used those, that's for sure. Haha. I said that the last time too. Lesson learned. I also scored a 3/4" spacer lift from @Benbean66, which should help a little bit. I want to stay as stock as possible, but, keep things safe/protected.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
It always amazes me how low the shock and LCA mounts are on the newer jeeps.

a little bit of skids do make a big difference.

So I had a weird braking issue on the way home which I am trying to troubleshoot. Seems like my 7pin harness is not getting power when I hit the brakes. I had to manually brake my trailer brakes via the app and o shit button. In researching this, I found that there are 2 20 amp fuses that control that and one of them is blown.
sadly those are a weird skinny size which I do not have spares for. So I have to get some.
Hopefully its that simple

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Looked like a solid trip!

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Just throwing this out there...wish I could make it but I'll be away with the reserves for the rest of the summer, but I could have used a tutorial on the Baofeng radios....

https://fb.me/e/3cNzwUegs

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I did post the following pages ago

Most people have moved past CB radios to GMRS and almost everyone I wheel with uses these.
There is some hate among purists on the BAOFENG radios, and you technically need a license to operate GMRS, but I literally only know of 1 person with an amateur radio license that wheels with us.

The price is only slightly more than FRS radio's, has much better range than CBs and FRS, and a lot more channels. The BAOFENG radios are easily programmed using a program called CHIRP with the following cable.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUB0ONK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like this guy's video's

They taught me everything I needed to know and allowed me to program about 100 channels on my radios. I have config files that I can share with others, or program their radio for them in less than 5 minutes
Sponsored