First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Forgive me if this has been answered. And if there is a better category for this.

I just ordered my new Gladiator Sport S Max Tow on Monday. But I have been going back and forth about getting the leather seats. My biggest question is will I get the rear armrest with cupholders on the Sport S if I order the leather seats? And If so, do you still get the cupholders on the floor? It does not specify anything other than leather seats when you select this option on Jeeps website. Also, what other things do you get if any, other than the leather seats?

My order is the Sport S Max Tow in Sting Grey. I ordered pretty much every option you can get except leather seats. If I could get the armrest in the cloth I would be perfectly fine with that. But I know that's not an option. I don't want to add the leather and find out after receiving the truck that you don't get rear armrest with leather on Sport S.

I have looked everywhere for the answer to this question. Most post related are older and don't really give a straight answer. Please if you don't absolutely know the answer to this question do not speculate with an answer. I am all for having opinions but I am looking for an absolute answer. That maybe coming from someone else who has ordered a 2021 Sport S with leather and the like. I've even looked for listings for sale. And it seems no dealers order Sport S packages with leather which is understandable.

Thanks ahead and I am looking forward to becoming part of the jeep family!
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Forgive me if this has been answered. And if there is a better category for this.

I just ordered my new Gladiator Sport S Max Tow on Monday. But I have been going back and forth about getting the leather seats. My biggest question is will I get the rear armrest with cupholders on the Sport S if I order the leather seats? And If so, do you still get the cupholders on the floor? It does not specify anything other than leather seats when you select this option on Jeeps website. Also, what other things do you get if any, other than the leather seats?

My order is the Sport S Max Tow in Sting Grey. I ordered pretty much every option you can get except leather seats. If I could get the armrest in the cloth I would be perfectly fine with that. But I know that's not an option. I don't want to add the leather and find out after receiving the truck that you don't get rear armrest with leather on Sport S.

I have looked everywhere for the answer to this question. Most post related are older and don't really give a straight answer. Please if you don't absolutely know the answer to this question do not speculate with an answer. I am all for having opinions but I am looking for an absolute answer. That maybe coming from someone else who has ordered a 2021 Sport S with leather and the like. I've even looked for listings for sale. And it seems no dealers order Sport S packages with leather which is understandable.

Thanks ahead and I am looking forward to becoming part of the jeep family!
Did you ask your dealer?
In 2020 it wasn't.
Why not just follow-up on this thread...
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/to-armrest-or-not-to-armrest.23555/post-369734

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Did you ask your dealer?
In 2020 it wasn't.
Why not just follow-up on this thread...
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/to-armrest-or-not-to-armrest.23555/post-369734
The dealer really didn't have a straight answer either. He didn't think it did but I don't think he's ever had a Sport S with leather to know for sure. But other post I have seen say it should have it. Nobody seems to really know for sure. And I can't justify paying $1800 more just for leather seats alone, knowing I can get Katzkin installed for half that.

I did see that thread but again it doesn't really answer for sure. And it is an older post pertaining to 2019/2020 models.

Thanks for the response.

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Anyone that ordered a 2021 Sport S with leather have an answer? Rear armrest? Other leather accents?

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Here's one that has the leather option. Photos don't show the rear armrest but may be able to get a-hold of the the dealer and ask for a photo showing it down, if it does go down.

Also appears to show that you get no other leather but the seats.

Worst case mine on order has the leather option. I can update here, in theory should be here first week of March or so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Here's one that has the leather option. Photos don't show the rear armrest but may be able to get a-hold of the the dealer and ask for a photo showing it down, if it does go down.

Also appears to show that you get no other leather but the seats.

Worst case mine on order has the leather option. I can update here, in theory should be here first week of March or so.
Great find! It almost looks like it could have it. If the dang bag in the seat wasn’t in the way could definitely tell. I may contact them and see if they will tell me. Thanks for that. I have been looking online for ones that have leather at the dealer and haven’t found any.
I just ordered mine Monday so I’m hoping to have maybe mid April. As of now I’m sticking with the cloth, but if I find out it comes with the armrest that may change my mind. I think changes can be made as long as I haven’t received a VIN. Someone else correct me if that’s wrong.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
You will not have it. You need to order the Freedom package on the Sport S, which does have the armrest and cup holder. The leather is a leather/cloth mix. The order form will list rear arm rest as an option (I bolded it below). I listed what I am ordering below (search Freedom Package as well) and you can go to the Jeep.com and look at the Wrangler JL Freedom package to see the seats and accents.
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine w/ESS G3 4000
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans (Buy-Germany) 2000
17X7.5 Satin Carbon Painted Wheels
2 Front & 2 Rear Tow Hooks
245/75R17 BSW A/T Dueler Tires
American Flag Decals
Automatic Headlamps
Black Trail Rated Badge
Body Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)
Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Freedom Edition Interior Accents
Freedom Edition Package
Freedom Package Decals
Front LED Fog Lamps
LED Headlamp and Fog Lamp Group
LED Premium Reflector Headlamps
Leather Trimmed Cloth Bucket Seats
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Normal Duty Plus Suspension
Oscar Mike Badge
Power Heated Mirrors
Power Tailgate Lock
Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top
Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down
Remote Keyless Entry
Rock Protection Sill Rails
Rr Armrest w/Cupholder Seat
Security Alarm
Speed Sensitive Power Locks
Steel Front Bumper
Steel Rear Bumper
Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
You will not have it. You need to order the Freedom package on the Sport S, which does have the armrest and cup holder. The leather is a leather/cloth mix. The order form will list rear arm rest as an option (I bolded it below). I listed what I am ordering below (search Freedom Package as well) and you can go to the Jeep.com and look at the Wrangler JL Freedom package to see the seats and accents.
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine w/ESS G3 4000
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans (Buy-Germany) 2000
17X7.5 Satin Carbon Painted Wheels
2 Front & 2 Rear Tow Hooks
245/75R17 BSW A/T Dueler Tires
American Flag Decals
Automatic Headlamps
Black Trail Rated Badge
Body Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)
Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Freedom Edition Interior Accents
Freedom Edition Package
Freedom Package Decals
Front LED Fog Lamps
LED Headlamp and Fog Lamp Group
LED Premium Reflector Headlamps
Leather Trimmed Cloth Bucket Seats
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Normal Duty Plus Suspension
Oscar Mike Badge
Power Heated Mirrors
Power Tailgate Lock
Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top
Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down
Remote Keyless Entry
Rock Protection Sill Rails
Rr Armrest w/Cupholder Seat
Security Alarm
Speed Sensitive Power Locks
Steel Front Bumper
Steel Rear Bumper
Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
i don’t see Freedom package as an option on the website build list. When you say order form are you meaning building online? Or an actual form you have to fill at the dealer? What is the cost of the Freedom Package? I probably won’t worry with it at this point anyway. Just curious what all it adds. Thanks for the info and confirming what I thought might be.

triten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
I have a fully loaded sport s max tow

w/ leather

no arm rest

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
i don’t see Freedom package as an option on the website build list. When you say order form are you meaning building online? Or an actual form you have to fill at the dealer? What is the cost of the Freedom Package? I probably won’t worry with it at this point anyway. Just curious what all it adds. Thanks for the info and confirming what I thought might be.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
The Freedom package is available to order but Jeep hasn’t updated the build and price yet. You can go to Costco Car building site and build it there to get pricing. It will also show invoice pricing. I like the package because it adds steel front and rear bumpers, 7” monitor, LED headlights, leather, ect. The package is like $6500 over the base sport (not sport S) so it’s likely less than a Loaded Sport S with leather. You can get Max tow as well. I’ll attach an order from someone else on the forum.

1F896CC8-A02C-46B1-9876-7E4052C9074D.png

88566429-7093-4D29-839D-6884DC593E7D.png

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a fully loaded sport s max tow

w/ leather

no arm rest
Thanks for that. I think I’m at peace knowing it won’t come with it either way. If it did come with the leather I would be stressed deciding. And that’s another $1800 I don’t need to spend.

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
The Freedom package is available to order but Jeep hasn’t updated the build and price yet. You can go to Costco Car building site and build it there to get pricing. It will also show invoice pricing. I like the package because it adds steel front and rear bumpers, 7” monitor, LED headlights, leather, ect. The package is like $6500 over the base sport (not sport S) so it’s likely less than a Loaded Sport S with leather. You can get Max tow as well. I’ll attach an order from someone else on the forum.

1F896CC8-A02C-46B1-9876-7E4052C9074D.png

88566429-7093-4D29-839D-6884DC593E7D.png
I just went on Costco and priced it with all my options, plus the Freedom Package. Looks like it would be about $3-4k more. I think I’ll live with what I’ve got ordered.
Thanks for the help!
Sponsored