Sponsored

Rear sway bar end links how long

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
I don’t know. All I know is my rear feels a tad floaty. Could care less about travel. At least in my case
It doesn't matter how long the sway bar links are, in this case. The length has nothing to do with it feeling "floaty."

If you don't like how it feels, then you need to figure out what to change to fix it. I'm betting the added height from the lift is more than the stock sway bar likes. That bar was selected to match several factors, which are now all out of whack due to the different springs, shocks and ride height.

What you need is a stiffer sway bar, or stiffer shocks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I thought shocks really aren’t giving much of the resistance. That’s more the coils. Maybe that’s the answer upgrade the sway bar.

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
what limits the travel in the rear....isnt it the links?

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
I thought shocks really aren’t giving much of the resistance. That’s more the coils. Maybe that’s the answer upgrade the sway bar.
The next time you have a chance to bounce a vehicle up-n-down that has the shocks removed, but the springs still installed, do it. :) You'll learn real quick where the resistance comes from.

While us Americans call them "shocks", most of the rest of the world calls them "dampers." They dampen the movement of the suspension. How it feels is dependent on the valving of the shock.

That's oversimplifying the situation. Just want to get you thinking in the right direction. :)

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
what limits the travel in the rear....isnt it the links?
No, the sway bar links should not be the limiting factor in your suspension. The shocks, or limiting straps should be. Trust me, I've already ripped one of my links off because they were a little too short, by only an inch...
fox 3.5-4 inch lift shocks
985-24-221
Those shocks are 30.69" long extended, and will require much longer rear sway bar links. They will also require you to use longer brake lines. 28" is generally considered the longest rear shock you can use without replacing rear brake lines. For reference, the Metalcloak Rocksport rear shocks for the JT are only 28" long.
Sponsored