Rear under seat storage box

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well it still looks like no one in the aftermarket has come up with a solution and perhaps as its been a while.
Sponsored

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Well it still looks like no one in the aftermarket has come up with a solution and perhaps as its been a while.

I've been looking around every couple of weeks (doing internet searches) and so far ... nada.

Maybe in the fall?

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
It could be a while. I would imagine that the market would need to have 250k + units sold before the aftermarket begins to pick up. So maybe another year? Just a math thing, with under 100k JT’s total sold and probably 25% built with the CMS they have a pretty small target audience for the product. I would go to a custom fab metal shop they would probably make one for you if you just drew up the design. May even encourage them to begin offering it aftermarket. The metal work wouldn’t be that bad for a custom piece and at the price of a new plastic one it may even be cheaper.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could be a while. I would imagine that the market would need to have 250k + units sold before the aftermarket begins to pick up. So maybe another year? Just a math thing, with under 100k JT’s total sold and probably 25% built with the CMS they have a pretty small target audience for the product. I would go to a custom fab metal shop they would probably make one for you if you just drew up the design. May even encourage them to begin offering it aftermarket. The metal work wouldn’t be that bad for a custom piece and at the price of a new plastic one it may even be cheaper.
I know someone I will talk to when I see him. He owns yakgear and Railblaza who manufacture tons of custom stuff for us kayak fishermen and just recently started with Tracker boats. I will have to get him to take a look at it and see if its something that they could think about. He wants to see my JT and take a look at it to see if there maybe some aftermarket stuff they could make.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I think an aluminum under seat lockable storage bin would be an amazing item to add to the aftermarket. I have the CMS with box but I would like a metal one for additional security. If they decide to make one they would probably see enough demand initially to cover tooling. The only thing I would recommend being incorporated into the design is the split lids so that you can access from left or right side seat bottoms without having to raise both seats every time. Maybe even get a group together to buy 5-10 of them.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think an aluminum under seat lockable storage bin would be an amazing item to add to the aftermarket. I have the CMS with box but I would like a metal one for additional security. If they decide to make one they would probably see enough demand initially to cover tooling. The only thing I would recommend being incorporated into the design is the split lids so that you can access from left or right side seat bottoms without having to raise both seats every time. Maybe even get a group together to buy 5-10 of them.
I doubt they would dabble in metal everything they currently make is for kayaks and boats so its all got to be waterproof and corrosion resistant so they use molded plastics, etc

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt they would dabble in metal everything they currently make is for kayaks and boats so its all got to be waterproof and corrosion resistant so they use molded plastics, etc
Molded plastic would be nice as well. Tooling would be more expensive upfront but the manufacturing cost would be significantly less and some plastics can be made to be extremely tough and just as good as a metal box if done right. Look at the pelican boxes for example. They are super tough

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Molded plastic would be nice as well. Tooling would be more expensive upfront but the manufacturing cost would be significantly less and some plastics can be made to be extremely tough and just as good as a metal box if done right. Look at the pelican boxes for example. They are super tough
I will talk to him about it. He is wanting to see my truck. He has been waiting for the Bronco (LOL)

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
My thought was, with all the unrest, vandalism, and lootings going on around the country, vendors in the security-device industry, like Tuffy, might begin offering lock-box units that fit new(re) vehicles on the market, like the 2020 Glads.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thought was, with all the unrest, vandalism, and lootings going on around the country, vendors in the security-device industry, like Tuffy, might begin offering lock-box units that fit new(re) vehicles on the market, like the 2020 Glads.
Would be nice

Sponsored

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Existence
I reached out to them a few days ago, they said it is in the plans, did not give me a date though.

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Well, sad to report this. The box sucks ass. It isn't deep enough front to back. Can't fit an eight inch barrel ar or even an mp5k pdw. Probably would work fine for some old wood gun. As long as it doesn't have a big scope on it.
The difference between Canada and US.....we're happy to have locking storage and can stick our weed in it. You're pissed off it won't fit a gun lol.

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I'm new to this truck but I'm surprised that a aftermarket solution hasn't been offered yet. I hope that changes soon!

WanderingTrail

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingtrail.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
SSHO
The difference between Canada and US.....we're happy to have locking storage and can stick our weed in it. You're pissed off it won't fit a gun lol.
Except in Colorado, where you have both issues.. The rest is pretty true.

Ron
Sponsored