Sponsored

Recent Rubicon/Mojave Deliveres, What shocks do you have?

ASHEVILLE_3D

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
3D Motion Designer
Picked up my '23 Gladiator Rubicon and yes it has Red Tenneco shocks not Fox, didn't realize until I was home but didn't know if they were better or worse I just thought the fox had a better appearance
Sponsored

OP
OP
ATL_Rubi

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Picked up my '23 Gladiator Rubicon and yes it has Red Tenneco shocks not Fox, didn't realize until I was home but didn't know if they were better or worse I just thought the fox had a better appearance
I've had my 23 for 2 weeks or so, the Red Tenneco have a more planted feel than the fox's did. The fox shocks felt more mushy. I thought it was going to be a downgrade getting the tenneco's, but I would disagree with that now.

The sandbx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Sales development
EDIT TO ADD: Confirmed that 2023 Rubicon's no longer receive the Fox Performance Suspension. The 2023 Rubicon's receive "Red Tenneco Suspension" now.

A member recently took the order of their Rubicon to find it had Mopar red shocks. Usually, the shocks Rubicons had before Fox's. For those who have taken delivery recently, what shocks do you have? And for those with future deliveries, could you report here what you have? I would like to know if this is widespread or sporadic.
I ordered a 2023 JT rubicon thinking it came with fox ahocks I never checked. When I got it home I noticed they were Mopar shocks, disappointing. I ordered the fox 2.0 and replaced them and the ride is so much better. Also no engine cover that has the Jeep brand and engine type. Crazy. 64k and you get less and less.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I ordered a 2023 JT rubicon thinking it came with fox ahocks I never checked. When I got it home I noticed they were Mopar shocks, disappointing. I ordered the fox 2.0 and replaced them and the ride is so much better. Also no engine cover that has the Jeep brand and engine type. Crazy. 64k and you get less and less.
Fox 2.0 is better than the old OEM Fox Rubicon shocks (have owned red Rubicon shocks, Fox Rubicon Shocks, Mopar 2.5", Fox 2.5 DST, Fox 2.0s, and Mojave shocks on 3 different Jeeps). I would probably take the red shocks over Rubicon Fox shocks. The Rubicon Fox shocks were very underdampened and mushy.

Sponsored

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
So these red tenneco shocks, are they the same red shocks that were previously on the JL rubicons and the JT willys?

OP
OP
ATL_Rubi

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
So these red tenneco shocks, are they the same red shocks that were previously on the JL rubicons and the JT willys?
And the same red shocks offered on all Jeep JK rubicons as well. I am sure there are differences, but, same manufacturer at least (rancho)

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
And the same red shocks offered on all Jeep JK rubicons as well. I am sure there are differences, but, same manufacturer at least (rancho)
Nice! I've liked them on my Willys. This makes it even more of a "rubicon-lite"

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
If no one has posted a pic of them yet, here is a red front shock with number from the last ‘23 Rubicon Gladiator on my local dealers’ lot. No idea production date. It’s in that greenish yellow, slow sellers around here. It’s a different number than the fronts on my new ‘23 Willys

IMG_8641.jpeg
Sponsored