Sponsored

Recommendations for front bumper under $600?

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Rugged Ridge Arcus. It's $549 MSRP, but they seem to be on sale regularly (I bought mine for $499 and got a 5% rebate). Recessed winch mount, factory fogs fit, and there's an optional overrider bar.
IMG_3060.jpg
IMG_3060.jpg

+1 on the Arcus
Sponsored

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
New to the forum. Trying to decide on what front bumper to buy under $600. Would love some suggestions. I am leaning toward mid or stubby with winch mount. Mostly play in the mud and trails. Not serious rock crawling. The biggest problem I have run into is having to mount a front license plate. Any suggestions or even better some pics of the bumpers you have would be great. Thanks Paul
White Sport S
man your question will get as many answers as starts in the sky i had LOD front and rear bumpers and sliders on my JK and beat the holy hell out of it and the powder coating held up to much of my amazement and they are built in good ol USA unlike the others out there. for my gladdy I went with JRC just to have something different and i only seen one in two years on a jeep plus they are also made in the USA. biggest thing before you buy know what winch your going to buy because not all bumpers will work with all winches.
whatever you go with just research and when you put it on lets see some pics!!

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was torn between the Arcus and XRC. Keep in mind, the Arcus is more of a thin metal skin over the winch carrier versus the Smittybilt XRC is no joke heavy as hell and would punch though anything it touches. I went XRC, got it for $499 through 4WP.

Rubi.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, still thinks it’s worth the extra 100, just wish I got in on it earlier.
Appreciate the link
Oh, it's definitely worth the extra $100... It's a SOLID-built bumper! Fab Fours has always been quality stuff. It also gets tons of compliments, too. It really helps the front end look way more aggressive.

ZBTX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Oh, it's definitely worth the extra $100... It's a SOLID-built bumper! Fab Fours has always been quality stuff. It also gets tons of compliments, too. It really helps the front end look way more aggressive.
AGREED

Cajun4X4

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
X-ray Tech
Rugged Ridge Arcus. It's $549 MSRP, but they seem to be on sale regularly (I bought mine for $499 and got a 5% rebate). Recessed winch mount, factory fogs fit, and there's an optional overrider bar.
Jeep Gladiator Recommendations for front bumper under $600? 20200622_181158
SportsBiz, is that the stock Rubicon front skid plate? If so, any problems with fitment and your bumper? Thanks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes were required Here in Idaho. The rule here says it’s got to be over 12” from the ground. Honestly from the front it’s not super easily visible. But I’ve had no issues. Nothing at all has been said by anyone.
Over 12" ? Heck, some of our Javelin and AMX bumpers aren't even that far off the ground after a spindle plate install.
Iowa was debating this for a while a few years back, some lawmakers saying that sports cars and certain other vehicles don't always have a place for a plate that's fit for mounting a plate - it would destroy the originality to force a front plate, that sort of thing. Not sure where it ever settled out at but I have driven my SX4 for several years now with no front plate and my 70 I drove around with a 1970 Iowa plate on the front - until last fall when I sold the car.
My Ford truck had a little boo-boo and busted the front plate mount so I drove that for at least 5 years with no front plate.
No rear plate they'll nail you - sometimes. But no front - meh, not so much.

Anyway, watching as I may want a bumper that will take a winch in the bumper - but since I do a lot of highway and such, don't want a stubby necessarily - I get enough crap thrown up at the windshield by the front tires - yeah, it gets thrown FORWARD and then I drive into it. I suspect that's why my windshield busted even though I've not been close behind any other vehicles (I got around them haha)

Sponsored

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
SportsBiz, is that the stock Rubicon front skid plate? If so, any problems with fitment and your bumper? Thanks!
Yes, that's the stock front skid plate. No problems with fitment whatsoever.

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
not gainfully employed. Too old, been there done that.

Nurse K

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
RN
Rough Country went well :like:

I'm looking at a Rough Country as well. That one looks great on your Gladiator. I noticed there are two choices in the full size. One is $499 and the other is right at $650. I have factory Led fog lights. Which one of the two is that one?

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
A good thing about steel bumpers is that you can always buy a used one and have it refinished for cheap. ExtremeTerrain sells open box items. Just check daily. There was a used PS Bruizer for 280 last week.
Sponsored