Sponsored

Recommendations for light bar above the windshield with conventional lights (like Hella or KC)?

cavalosjr

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Not particularly fond of the straight LED light bar attached to an upper windshield mounting bracket for the Jeep Gladiator. I’m sure it’s very functional though.
Instead, I’m looking for a mounting kit with side rails to mount a light bar above the windshield with conventional lights (like Hella or KC). Has anyone found this setup rig?
Sponsored

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
OP
OP

cavalosjr

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ret. Army
It seems as if that type of light bar is only made for the JK and not the JL/JT. Thanks for the info though.
The one on KC’s website is universal for any 50 in mount set up. Only one I have been able to find myself.

Sponsored

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Thanks for the link. It looks like these are the closest to what I have in mind. It’s amazing how styling has changed and this setup is no longer in.
The KC gravity light bar / light bar mount works well. You can have it painted it to match the truck color. I did this method with Gobi.
You can also have a Vinyl wrap store make you some colored matched / which ever color or style print you prefer decals to go on the light covers. In my opinion (yes I’m bias lol), makes the light bar appear more as if it came with the jeep, from Jeep. Anyhoo, 1 vote here for the KC product.
Best of luck with your decision.

8896DBA6-71A8-4438-97BC-9F201D49C6DC.jpeg

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Looks like it will interfere with the forward facing sensors at the top of the windshield if so equipped

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ret. Army
It looks like the lights will be too low with their option. Thanks for the reply though.
I was recommending just the bar mount so you can use it with your choice of A pillar mounts. If you find mounts that are high enough you have your choice of lights. That particular bar allows for the lights to be mounted on top of the bar like the old style Daylighter KC lights.

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
On my list very soon, do they have alternate covers or plain ones?

Bruce

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I had a 50” light bar on the top of the windshield on my JKU, the light was great but it was really noisy and dropped the mpg by 1.5-2 mpg, took it off after a couple months, just FYI as I did not expect either of those issues.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Thanks for the link. It looks like these are the closest to what I have in mind. It’s amazing how styling has changed and this setup is no longer in.
It's not so much what's in and more what's effective. A 50" bar of KC lights is bright, but it's not 40,000 lumens bright like a Baja Designs bar. KC is best in the business for LED reflector lights and have great light quality, light bars just have a better, brighter throw for distance which is the primary purpose of a roof bar.

I think most Jeep people like the classic look, it just doesn't keep up dollar for dollar when you can get an OnX6+ 50" bar kit for nearly the same price as that KC setup.
Sponsored