First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Space is tight when camping with two kids + wife. Interior space is a premium.
Anyone relocate the scissor jack from under the rear seat to under the Gladiator?

Jeep Gladiator Relocating the scissor jack? E836AC45-D504-4646-9328-AC352D8DAFA9
Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Why not build up in the bed?

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Space is tight when camping with two kids + wife. Interior space is a premium.
Anyone relocate the scissor jack from under the rear seat to under the Gladiator?
Why not keep it under the seat?

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The OEM jack and handle sections/tire tool will fit under either front seat.

It's going to rattle like crazy.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
We just returned from a week long Edisto Island vacation. My kit was one gym/duffle bag, stunt kite collection, a camera case and I was over packed. She had enough items to fill the F150 bed almost to the top. Over half was untouched except for loading and unloading. I cannot imagine doing this with children and their "needs". The dog was much easier.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
We just returned from a week long Edisto Island vacation. My kit was one gym/duffle bag, stunt kite collection, a camera case and I was over packed. She had enough items to fill the F150 bed almost to the top. Over half was untouched except for loading and unloading. I cannot imagine doing this with children and their "needs". The dog was much easier.
I went to Edisto with 3 kids last year. I left the JT at home and took the van. Back of it was full and I had a roof carrier on top. JT would have needed a trailer, no way around it at all. Some overpacking by the kids, but honestly still more than a JT can hold.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
When you’re this hugely overloaded using a small truck like a JT, I’d hardly think relocating its jack is going to make a hill of beans of difference. IMHO, it sounds like there’s a more fundamental problem at play here, like you may want to consider trading-in your JT on a full size pickup truck, with an 8 foot bed and higher/bigger shoulders, or maybe get a big ol’ socker mom van, etc. OTOH, maybe tackle this problem by addressing the fundamental source: consider taking less stuff on vacation. Just sayin…😀🤦‍♂️

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you thought about one of these?? Cheap and efficient.

I found a HUUGEEE tub that fits in it perfectly.
Much lighter and less hassle in casual off roading than a trailer. Obviously it destroys your departure angle. But it has its place in your quiver of tools.

I had one that was larger than this that was all steel. It was a huge pain in the ass to install since it weighed over 50# itself. This is just right. Nice and light. Big enough.

https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-aluminum-cargo-carrier-92655.html

Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
The Decked stuff is cool, have seen it in person, but you loose like 50% of your space to the deck itself.

That Best top super top is cool, definitely an option down the rode, as well as a rack and RTT, but then the motorcycle does not fit... whole nother discussion.

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Why not keep it under the seat?
Under the seat space is already used by other precious/delicate cargo that gets used during the trip and cant go in the bed (like a drone, binoculars, laptop, snacks bag, kids toys)... unlike the jack that (knock on wood) has not been used in 10,000 miles.

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
The OEM jack and handle sections/tire tool will fit under either front seat.

It's going to rattle like crazy.
An alternative... I could wrap it in bubble wrap and shrink wrap it... then maybe use velcro straps to secure to the seat rails... Will give it a look. But as mentioned under the seat is valuable interior space. Thx

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Have you thought about one of these?? Cheap and efficient.

I found a HUUGEEE tub that fits in it perfectly.
Much lighter and less hassle in casual off roading than a trailer. Obviously it destroys your departure angle. But it has its place in your quiver of tools.

I had one that was larger than this that was all steel. It was a huge pain in the ass to install since it weighed over 50# itself. This is just right. Nice and light. Big enough.

https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-aluminum-cargo-carrier-92655.html
A good option, but all our camping trip involves off roading (Level 5+ on the 1-10 trails off road site kind of thing). Plus at some point ill bring my dirt bike on the hitch carrier. Thx

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
@eaglerugby04

My kids are 2 and 3 years old (in car seats) so luckily their needs are pretty minimal to a backpack in terms of toys.

Im pretty good at packing (all my toys)... everything has a purpose and gets used. :)
Sponsored