First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
I tried to search for this, but couldn’t find anything.

Is it possible to remove the freedom top and doors and somehow fit them in the bed of the truck, or maybe the top in the bed and the doors on a modified hitch carrier?

I honestly should’ve purchased the dual top option, but I didn’t. So before I spend the money on a soft top… can I take it all with me?
Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
It would be awkward, and you would lose all your bed space. I guess if you were towing a trailer or a toybox, that would work out. I got the sunbonnet top and I swap that out if needed for shade and leave the hard top at home.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
You could put the freedom panels in the back seat and probable get at least 2 doors in the bed, maybe all 4 if you built a rack so you could lay them down vertically.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I had thought about a rack that you can hang the doors by the hinges in the bed, but would require a full height rack or a camper shell in the bed. Only other option would be to get half doors of some variety...

Sponsored

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
I have wondered the same thing. Typically I just take off the top two front panels and put them on a blanket in the back of the truck under my bed cover and that’s about it. That way I don’t get stuck in the rain with out them.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Great Question.

This is partly why I just ordered the dual door concept. The lower doors will be acceptable to the wife unit when doors off was fine with me. So I'll be able to just pull the windows out and toss them in the bed.

I think for the hardtop I'm going to get stuck with hanging that in the garage for the summer and buying covers for the front and back.

OP
OP
Drew18337

Drew18337

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator, 22 Mitsubishi Outlander
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
When I get the truck back from the dealer I’m going to try to see how everything fits. If it’s too awkward or would take too much work I may end up buying a soft top and soft doors. I just hate the way the soft top sits when it’s open.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I brought the back part of my old hardtop home with me from the dealer. It does not fit well in the truck. I had to put blankets down on the side rails and lay it on them. The bed in the JT is way smaller than it looks.
Sponsored