ckoyola

ckoyola

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1999 Cherokee XJ, 1977 L82 Corvette
Jscan all the way here. Your shift points and speedo will be off and that will never correct itself unless you reprogram for the tires. The transmission will learn your driving habits that is correct but it will be learning them with your shift points all out of wack. It's definitely worth it to do it. $90 is a small amount to pay to have your computer functioning properly.

JScan does what all the others do, Corrects speedo, shift points, Tpms, foglights with high beams,reprograms if you change your gears, if you add cameras, switches, DRLs, basically all the things you would pay for at the dealership, but only $90. There is a demo for it on the app you can look at before you purchase the license agreement.
Thank you for the feedback--sounds great so far/may go with it. Will post pictures and results when I get to that point. Hopefully next week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ckoyola

ckoyola

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None that I have found. Recalibrated for 285/75 17s, shift points changed fine, MPG's, etc. I would buy another without hesitation.
Thank you for the additional update--sounds great so far/may go with it. Will post pictures and results when I get to that point. Hopefully next week.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed Tazer lite and Idrive on mine and so far so good. Still have a few settings to change and figure out what setting on the Idrive I like. I thought it would be the AC but I tend to find that setting is super sensitive. Right now liking the U4 setting
I thought the same, but U-7 seems to be my go-to.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I thought the same, but U-7 seems to be my go-to.
I haven't gotten to U7 yet (LOL). Still working my way. Driving each one a bit to see what I like best.
I'm curious to get to Beast Mode
The thing I found about the AC Setting was how sensative it was. I just barely pressed the accelerator and it had my engine racing before it would shift. Scared the crap out of me. Thought it was gonna blow something. So I just started working my way through the Ultimate modes

OP
OP
ckoyola

ckoyola

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Jscan - about $90 all in.
I adjusted the tire size and my speedometer is in synch. I also adjusted the TPMS since I am at 32-33 psi for normal driving.
Other settings can be changed too with it.
I went with the Jscan. Less than $90 and reprogrammed everything in the shop parking lot before driving home. Took less than 10 monutes and all is working properly. Thanks for the feedback!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ckoyola

ckoyola

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jscan all the way here. Your shift points and speedo will be off and that will never correct itself unless you reprogram for the tires. The transmission will learn your driving habits that is correct but it will be learning them with your shift points all out of wack. It's definitely worth it to do it. $90 is a small amount to pay to have your computer functioning properly.

JScan does what all the others do, Corrects speedo, shift points, Tpms, foglights with high beams,reprograms if you change your gears, if you add cameras, switches, DRLs, basically all the things you would pay for at the dealership, but only $90. There is a demo for it on the app you can look at before you purchase the license agreement.
I went with the Jscan. Less than $90 and reprogrammed everything in the shop parking lot before driving home. Took less than 10 monutes and all is working properly. Thanks for the feedback!

OP
OP
ckoyola

ckoyola

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Calypso

First Name
Darron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Explorer
What programmer/reader are y’all running with JScan!

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I assume you guys purchased a programming cable as well?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can't say jscan is only 90 bucks if you also have to buy hardware to use it, eh? So that sort of cuts the price difference by a bit. So if the device is 30 and the app is 90 then you have 120, correct?

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
JScan prices.

I just bought everything needed an hour ago.
$30 for the VGATE like in post #24 (Prime free shipping)
$40 for the additional cable needed and mentioned in post #25 and #27 (Prime free shipping)
$19 for one car license (Will buy later)

So about $90 all in for one car.

The two parts arrive on Friday.

Side note .... I need it for four cars so I need to spend near $60

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
OK, if the vgate plugs into the port, and the app runs on "a phone" and uses bluetooth, why is a cable needed?