First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
Occupation
Marina supervisor
Hi all. I’m thinking about selling my 21 Mojave MT. It has 18,000 miles, 37s, AEV 2” spacer lift and 4:88 gears. I’m looking for input on value. Thanks
Sponsored

916WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
$38-$40k? It looks like '21 Mojaves/Rubicons are selling at around $42k retail with equal or less than your mileage.......

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
Sorry to say the resale value took a pretty large hit with the recent price drops to move 23 MY vehicles.

Gladiatorx2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
I just traded in a 2022 Rubicon with quite a few modifications and upgrades. It took weeks to get a fair trade value due to the current incentives. My new one listed for 56k and I got it for 40k. It had 47,000 miles on it. If selling it I would have asked $42,000 for it. In my state you only pay tax on the trade difference so that saved me around $2,800.00
This is the one that I traded in.

IMG_20240329_171518.jpg

IMG_20240420_155651.jpg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. I’m thinking about selling my 21 Mojave MT. It has 18,000 miles, 37s, AEV 2” spacer lift and 4:88 gears. I’m looking for input on value. Thanks
Why not use those online things - value will VARY with location location location.
No one can do anything other than guess- and I'd bet those guesses have at least a 10K range because most will be opinions.

Look up online, then figure they are buying to flip it so add a bit to that.
Also research other similar used Jeeps in your own area.
Few will care enough about your personal mods to pay more for that. So don't expect to have a higher value because of your gearing and lift. It would likely be minimal if any at all.
In fact, here, Jeeps that are not modified sell better than those that are modified. Dealers don't want modified used Jeeps on their lots - they sell slow because it takes a special person, a special match to want what YOU did for your personal tastes and needs. Dealers here want stock vehicles. They ask you to put it back to stock, or else won't give you anything extra for the mods. A couple of dealers here have modified Jeeps on their lots that they've had since winter and yet they've sold all of the other used and new vehicles they've had since then. So be ready - you seldom get much if any money back for your mods - unless you are lucky and find the right person.

The values will go back up. The Mojave seems to demand the most money.
Up? With dealers and Jeep themselves already discounting the 2024 models?
One dealer has a Mojave X on the lot with a 5,500 dealer discount plus the 2K Jeep incentive meaning you can buy that X for 7500 off MSRP without any negotiating at all.
That brings it down almost to what my 2022 Overland MSRP was back in 2022.

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
So I just traded mine in. Dealers around here (Richmond VA area) are using KBB instant cash offer, which is very misleading if you go to KBB and plug in your info to get a trade value range. Don't assume the values you get from KBB/NADA/CARMAX etc will hold at a dealer.

I had to fight to get more money. Fortunately I was dealing with them on the 29th and 30th of the month and they were desperate for a sale, so I got 3K more for the trade by waiting a week. Asshats. They gave me zero for the handful of after market upgrades so I removed them all and returned it to stock. But I never buy a vehicle expecting great resale. Market has changed again.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Keep it if you don't have a reason to sell. I could have bought a brand new Mojave a few months ago for $46k so trade-in prices were wildly suppressed across the board. Anyone who wanted one probably bought so used demand has fallen off as well. It will recover some but with the wild offers that some dealers offer, I do not expect them to retain value like a lot here are expecting. The covid shortages are over and that market isn't coming back.

Mojave will help a little but I have no idea why given they discontinued the shocks. I would not be the one to buy a mid-mileage Mojave used when you typically only get 60k at best out of 2.5s before you gotta rebuild.

OP
OP

Jeepez

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
Occupation
Marina supervisor
It’s depressing. If I sell I probably will never buy another Jeep. Low mileage Broncos in my area are selling for near original msrp. I definitely bought the wrong brand.

Gladiatorx2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
Why not use those online things - value will VARY with location location location.
No one can do anything other than guess- and I'd bet those guesses have at least a 10K range because most will be opinions.

Look up online, then figure they are buying to flip it so add a bit to that.
Also research other similar used Jeeps in your own area.
Few will care enough about your personal mods to pay more for that. So don't expect to have a higher value because of your gearing and lift. It would likely be minimal if any at all.
In fact, here, Jeeps that are not modified sell better than those that are modified. Dealers don't want modified used Jeeps on their lots - they sell slow because it takes a special person, a special match to want what YOU did for your personal tastes and needs. Dealers here want stock vehicles. They ask you to put it back to stock, or else won't give you anything extra for the mods. A couple of dealers here have modified Jeeps on their lots that they've had since winter and yet they've sold all of the other used and new vehicles they've had since then. So be ready - you seldom get much if any money back for your mods - unless you are lucky and find the right person.

Up? With dealers and Jeep themselves already discounting the 2024 models?
One dealer has a Mojave X on the lot with a 5,500 dealer discount plus the 2K Jeep incentive meaning you can buy that X for 7500 off MSRP without any negotiating at all.
That brings it down almost to what my 2022 Overland MSRP was back in 2022.
Yes, up from what they are now. As a buyer at dealer on auctions I have purchased tens of millions of dollars of vehicles. Even at closed auctions for only CDJR Dealerships. The prices fluctuate along with the incentives. They also fluctuate with seasons..4x4 in winter as an example. The current incentives greatly influence the acv of the trade because the used vehicle has to be competitive in value. In my area Gladiator's sell well used. I promise you that in the future anyone who purchased a new 2023 for $15,000 back of MSRP that did not carry negative equity will be happy if they wait. Plus a new 2023 starts out with a 15000 mile buffer as the 2024 vehicles are out. I only got my 2022 $7,000 back of MSRP and 17,000 miles later my true acv was on $1,900 less. I do have ideas of what I am passing on.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It’s depressing. If I sell I probably will never buy another Jeep. Low mileage Broncos in my area are selling for near original msrp. I definitely bought the wrong brand.
If you knew that beforehand, you wouldn't be buying anything that doesn't lose money.

916WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
What are you doing comparing a Bronco to a Gladiator? AFAIK--Ford doesn't have a midsize pickup version of the Bronco that could go up against the Jeep Gladiator?!? If you're looking at it from that perspective, you should take a look at Land Rovers or any of the other European SUV models--What they drop in value at the 3-5 year mark relative to MSRP will make you feel MUCH better about your situation!! I could have walked away clean when Carmax gave me exactly what I paid for my 2022 High Altitude 6 months after I bought it. Instead of moving on, I ended up dumping all of that cash and thousands more into a 2023 Rubicon--MSRP was $76k ended up paying $65k. I would be lucky to get $50k for it today. Depressing??--Hell no! This afternoon, I took the top off, fired up the noisy diesel and went chugging down the road with a big smile on my face..........I can't wait to hook the thing up to my camper next month. There are so many more important things in life than depreciation schedules......
Sponsored