RLD designs pic request

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
I'm getting the RLD canopy. I was saying I got the full-size Skycamp 4X as it it's going to be higher than the cabin roofline anyway. If I had a half-height bed rack, like the JCR rack, I would've considered the Skycamp Mini or the Skycamp 2X to keep everything low and flush with the cabin roofline.
sorry - I meant rack on the RLD canopy...or do you plan to mount the ikamper direct to the canopy?
Sponsored

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
sorry - I meant rack on the RLD canopy...or do you plan to mount the ikamper direct to the canopy?
Ah, I ordered the cross bars, but after taking look at the whole set up at their shop San Marcos I’m thinking of just mounting directly.

The two rails beneath the iKamper are 1” in height/depth. I believe the three structural rails stamped into the RLD roof protrude slightly more than 1” from the primary surface so there shouldn’t be any interference. If needed, I think we can just remove the two rails without any issues. The roof of the RLD is super flat.

It isn’t strictly recommended, but I think it will work well. The honeycomb iKamper floor is super rigid and we should be able to seal the holes with fender washers and some good sealant.

My goal is to get it as low-profile as possible. Thoughts? Did you order the cross bars or the whole rack?

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Ah, I ordered the cross bars, but after taking look at the whole set up at their shop San Marcos I’m thinking of just mounting directly.

The two rails beneath the iKamper are 1” in height/depth. I believe the three structural rails stamped into the RLD roof protrude slightly more than 1” from the primary surface so there shouldn’t be any interference. If needed, I think we can just remove the two rails without any issues. The roof of the RLD is super flat.

It isn’t strictly recommended, but I think it will work well. The honeycomb iKamper floor is super rigid and we should be able to seal the holes with fender washers and some good sealant.

My goal is to get it as low-profile as possible. Thoughts? Did you order the cross bars or the whole rack?
I do think that will work - the only concern will be the existing pre-drilled bolt spacing vs. the iKamper mounting, but that can be solved with a drill. I got the full rack as at times I'll have a canoe up there. Plus it just looks good!

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
My retailer (Lee from Altitude Industries) here in CO said there was a recent Outdoor Retailer show with some JTs on display. Apparently there were a couple V2 canopies there. They look great! Here are some screen shots but you can see more on RLD's instagram page here:

sw-2.jpeg
sw-3.jpeg

Unfortunately, still have to wait until end of March/early April to get mine but looks like it will be worth the wait!

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all. Any one rocking the new Gen 2 canopy? If so can you take some detailed pictures inside and out? The new photos on Instagram are cool. I guess my wife was right, it needs to be color matched to look its best.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Haven’t come across the ocean yet. Except just a few for fitment.

JohnGjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hello all. Any one rocking the new Gen 2 canopy? If so can you take some detailed pictures inside and out? The new photos on Instagram are cool. I guess my wife was right, it needs to be color matched to look its best.

Thanks in advance
Really wanting them too. This is the front runner for me but they seem to be holding out on info!

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Really wanting them too. This is the front runner for me but they seem to be holding out on info!
Yeah, I wish they would release at least one set of more detailed photos (including some of it in action) along with some concrete stats.

The photos we have so far aren't bad but more would be nice.

JohnGjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Does anyone here with the RLD have their Ghost awning too?

Sponsored

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
What is the best place to order these from? Wondering ?