Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 2021 JT Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer to stay under the knuckle as the high steer will generally limit uptravel, unless you're running a tire that is large enough to need that much bump stop already.
Thanks for the quick response!! One of the main reasons why I moved to your brand from another on this build.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Thanks for the quick response!! One of the main reasons why I moved to your brand from another on this build.
We try to keep up as much as we can, and fortunately, you posted while I was looking at this thread. So, I kinda lucked out lol.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Is anyone running steer smarts flipped drag link and relocation bracket with the Pro-X? Are they needed or is under the knuckle perfectly fine? I plan to run the Yeti tie rod, drag link with griffin, and track bar along with the relocation bracket accordingly.
I am and it made a HUGE difference on road feel. Best mod to date so far.

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am and it made a HUGE difference on road feel. Best mod to date so far.
What wheel size are you running? Im going with 37".

Sponsored

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
What amount of bump stops are you using?
37s 3” 40s 4” in the front. I had to ditch my stupid oversized steersmarts Trackbar for a synergy one due to the huge clamps SS uses. I am not a fan of their stuff, I’ve had a lot of issues over the years with SS and their customer support is horrible but I didn’t want to drill the aluminum knuckle out. I’m already nervous about those knuckles so I used the SS top mount no drill I think the stud size they use is weak so I added A PSC hydro assist Ram and big bore box to relieve the force applied to the draglink mounting point and spread it out over both knuckles. Hope that makes sense.

C8457BDA-9AC8-431F-994C-CD8D1C5DD7DD.jpeg

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
37s 3” 40s 4” in the front. I had to ditch my stupid oversized steersmarts Trackbar for a synergy one due to the huge clamps SS uses. I am not a fan of their stuff, I’ve had a lot of issues over the years with SS and their customer support is horrible but I didn’t want to drill the aluminum knuckle out. I’m already nervous about those knuckles so I used the SS top mount no drill I think the stud size they use is weak so I added A PSC hydro assist Ram and big bore box to relieve the force applied to the draglink mounting point and spread it out over both knuckles. Hope that makes sense.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System C8457BDA-9AC8-431F-994C-CD8D1C5DD7DD
Makes perfect sense. I really appreciate the info!

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Makes perfect sense. I really appreciate the info!
I use my rig and I pay for my parts so I’ll tell you my honest opinion of what I spend my money on. I’ve always been a fan of RK and their product and I’ve been running their stuff for 16 years. I’ve always had great luck. I’m currently fighting a rear cradle joint issue with premature failure. I have shipped back the joints to RK for them to evaluate. I used the recommend grease so I’m at a point of wondering right now. The 8 hr drive home from the Rubicon was miserable due to the worn rear joints at 3000 miles and 1 offroad trip. The Jeep was all over the road as the rear was moving back and forth. I replaced the upper cradle joints and it was back to its awesomeness. I’m just really hoping this is not a bi monthly maintenance because that will not be fun. Only time will tell and RK staff had been amazing to work with. The end result might be having to go back to a 5 link. My group following me said the would have sworn I was drive drunk all the Way home
Promise that wasn’t the case.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
I use my rig and I pay for my parts so I’ll tell you my honest opinion of what I spend my money on. I’ve always been a fan of RK and their product and I’ve been running their stuff for 16 years. I’ve always had great luck. I’m currently fighting a rear cradle joint issue with premature failure. I have shipped back the joints to RK for them to evaluate. I used the recommend grease so I’m at a point of wondering right now. The 8 hr drive home from the Rubicon was miserable due to the worn rear joints at 3000 miles and 1 offroad trip. The Jeep was all over the road as the rear was moving back and forth. I replaced the upper cradle joints and it was back to its awesomeness. I’m just really hoping this is not a bi monthly maintenance because that will not be fun. Only time will tell and RK staff had been amazing to work with. The end result might be having to go back to a 5 link. My group following me said the would have sworn I was drive drunk all the Way home
Are you working with Jeremy on this? This is not one that I'm familiar with.

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let's hope this is an isolated issue. I was completely content with the lift I ran on my JK but I really liked what RK did with the JT. Definitely keep us posted.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Are you working with Jeremy on this? This is not one that I'm familiar with.
Yes I have been working directly with Jeremy. Like I said you guys have been amazing and awesome customer service. It’s my upper PK joints in the cradle that are having the issues. They are on their way back to you for inspection. They were worn out before I left on my trip put the replacement ones hadn’t arrived yet. They got even worse after wheeling. I confirmed with Jeremy that I was using the proper grease you guys recommended. Thanks for the reply.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Let's hope this is an isolated issue. I was completely content with the lift I ran on my JK but I really liked what RK did with the JT. Definitely keep us posted.
I promise I will give you an update because I was in the exact same boat. I even ran their product on my JL and loved it. I know RK will stand being their product.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
You're looking at the price on the Pro X coilover system which adds 2.625" RR coilovers up front and 2.625" RR shocks in the rear. It also comes with the associated brackets to make those big coilovers fit.

On a real note, we add up all the material cost, labor cost and associated business operations cost; multiply by the margin that we need to make to stay in business and that becomes MSRP. Its the same thing that all businesses do when selling a product.

The differences you will see from us VS most other options out there would be things like using only American sourced materials, steel, aluminum, everything. The ONLY thing that is not American made material is our springs. The Material we use for our springs does not have an American supplier and it is purchased from Germany. The springs are still made in the US but the material is not. Otherwise, everything from steel for control arms, to raceways in joints, to a hitch pin for a sway bar disconnect, made in America. We have a lot of pride in what we do here.
thanks for helping our economy and using American as much as possible , i strive to do the same.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.