Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Just got off the phone with Greg at Unofficial Use Only. Great guy and who I’m going to once I have the bushings. He just needs a guarantee from Daystar that he’s getting paid for 14 joints.
Where’s that number? LOL

Greg’s Facebook Page:
Unofficial-Use-Only
It will be on the TSB soon.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Installed my Pro X stage 1 this weekend and the rear break lines seam to tight when fully dropped.All parts are for the kit. Nothing else was added or substituted. Is this a normal thing? Should I get extensions for them?

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Installed my Pro X stage 1 this weekend and the rear break lines seam to tight when fully dropped.All parts are for the kit. Nothing else was added or substituted. Is this a normal thing? Should I get extensions for them?
I had the same issue and wasn’t comfortable with them being so tight.
The sway bar and links were the only thing keeping them from breaking and they were screaming at best. I opted for the extensions and also bought a pneumatic one mand bleeder for the install.
Now there’s slack in the brake lines but the sensor wire is on the tight side still. I undid a clip to add some more slack for them.
Another option would be to shorten your sway bar links to limit the droop but then your sacrifice some of the total travel.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I had the same issue and wasn’t comfortable with them being so tight.
The sway bar and links were the only thing keeping them from breaking and they were screaming at best. I opted for the extensions and also bought a pneumatic one mand bleeder for the install.
Now there’s slack in the brake lines but the sensor wire is on the tight side still. I undid a clip to add some more slack for them.
Another option would be to shorten your sway bar links to limit the droop but then your sacrifice some of the total travel.
Thanks for the quick response. I love it here :like:. I will most likely go with some extensions. What ones did you choose to use?

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,

Sponsored

SCUBATIM81

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Systems Architect
It will be on the TSB soon.
Any update on this? Also, do you know if they will only pay installers directly, or if they will reimburse if we had an installer do the replacement? I have mine scheduled for 5/17 and am trying to determine if I should postpone.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Any update on this? Also, do you know if they will only pay installers directly, or if they will reimburse if we had an installer do the replacement? I have mine scheduled for 5/17 and am trying to determine if I should postpone.
About 30 minutes ago the update went live. Click on TSB#2 on RK's website and all of the Daystar contact instructions have been updated.

SkidMarkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Rubicon / 22 Wrangler Saharicon
Build Thread
Link
So just curious I have the 3.0 Stage 1 Pro-X No Limits with the 2.25 RRD Shocks.

Most of the time on the road or slow speed off road it is great and the manners around turns feel good. When driving on rougher roads at like 10~20 mph if you go into a dip or hit a bump it is super jarring like you are slamming the bump stops. Could just be the nature of a softer shock, and not seeing anything else hitting or rubbing.

Right now I do have some Falcon 3.3s on order to help with dampening but curious of any other thoughts since those will be awhile and would prefer that money went to axle shafts or the like than buying new shocks but it could just be a preference that they are too soft for me.

The rest is amazing so no regrets at all just curious what others have seen.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 184549664_3976777392377926_6444974277883422206_n

Last edited:

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the Rockrawler TSB#2……..
Has anyone yet had their bushings replaced either by a shop or done themselves and did Daystar reimburse the shop or any amounts to DIY’ers?
If so, how much was the reimbursement?
How long did it take either the shop or yourself to complete the work?

Mdean

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
I just finished installing my 4.5 Pro-x no limits with the 2.25 RRD shocks on my gladiator. I also installed kmc beadlocks with 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, currently running at 45lbs, and a PSC hydro assist steering kit. Everything went smoothly on the installation and I welded the 4-link cradle to the rear axle. I had the alignment done by a local off-road shop and they said everything looked good with the exception of the rear axel being shifted to the driver side about ½”. At lower speeds it drives great. The rear suspension feels a little soft when I go over a speed bump, but it doesn’t bottom out. As I increase my speed, it starts to wander back and forth. After four days of driving, approximately 300 miles, I just found both the passenger rear control arms have come loose on the body side of the arms. They were torqued to specs four days prior.

I guess I have a few of questions??

How can I or do I need to adjust the rear axle to shift it back to the passenger side ½”?

Would the axel being shifted ½” cause the wandering?

Would the axel being shifted ½” and/or wandering cause the control arms to come loose?

Sponsored

SCUBATIM81

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Systems Architect
Regarding the Rockrawler TSB#2……..
Has anyone yet had their bushings replaced either by a shop or done themselves and did Daystar reimburse the shop or any amounts to DIY’ers?
If so, how much was the reimbursement?
How long did it take either the shop or yourself to complete the work?
I had a local shop do the replacement for me. They charged 8 hours, which is slightly longer than they charged to do the initial install. The reason given was the time it took to clean out the housings before replacing the bushings. I called the number on the TSB and received a recording to send an email with the required information and I would receive a response within 48 hours. That was last Wednesday, but I have still not received a response....

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a local shop do the replacement for me. They charged 8 hours, which is slightly longer than they charged to do the initial install. The reason given was the time it took to clean out the housings before replacing the bushings. I called the number on the TSB and received a recording to send an email with the required information and I would receive a response within 48 hours. That was last Wednesday, but I have still not received a response....
Thats what Im afraid of. The old:
Promise ‘em anything……
Just don’t give it to ‘em.

I’m still trying to figure out why we have to deal with Daystar at all.
We didn’t buy the kit from them.

So now that you’ve paid a shop to do it, what’s the guarantee you’ll be reimbursed?

How much was the bill??

I‘d prefer a monetary reimbursement OR replacement arms with the correct bushings in them and quit this dancing around with who’s responsible. Utter BS.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Thats what Im afraid of. The old:
Promise ‘em anything……
Just don’t give it to ‘em.

I’m still trying to figure out why we have to deal with Daystar at all.
We didn’t buy the kit from them.

So now that you’ve paid a shop to do it, what’s the guarantee you’ll be reimbursed?

How much was the bill??

I‘d prefer a monetary reimbursement OR replacement arms with the correct bushings in them and quit this dancing around with who’s responsible. Utter BS.
I had the misfortune of talking with someone at Daystar about this matter. He was crying about how they had already paid out $40K in new bushings and such. I said well you guys are the ones that changed up the materials used to make the bushings without proper testing or notifying the ones that you supply too. He told me that I shouldn't believe what I have read on the internet and that that is not what had happened. He was getting upset with me at this point. I told him that I had plenty of time right now to listen to what really happened and he told me that he does not have to explain anything to me.

My mechanic gets paid to work on vehicles. He does not want to deal with shit bags like the dog turds at Daystar. I am the costumer that they have screwed over not my mechanic. They refused to deal with me at all.

On another note all of my correspondents with Rock Krawler have been exceptional. Adam C is an awesome dude and has taken his time to help me out as much as he could. Spoke to Jeremy on the phone and he took the time to explain what had taken place. Who do you believe? The guy that talks to you in great detail about what had happened or the guy that tells you I don't have to explain anything to you?

$75 is a slap in the face. Making the mechanics deal with the dirtbags at Daystar is no better.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I have been unable to even get $75 out of them. I’ve been trying since February. I’ve been told I’d be paid twice.

All...

Just got done with a lengthy conference call with Daystar about how they are handling this situation. Daystar agreed to work with automotive repair shops on compensating for labor costs. The repair shop will need to be the one to contact Daystar about the warranty work and Daystar will compensate based on the number of joints in the kit and the shop can bill Daystar directly. I'm glad they're finally stepping up to that plate and getting this handled. For the DIY guys, look at having a shop handle this for you.

Keep an eye out for a Daystar contact change on the TSB listed on the RK website, good things are happening.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the misfortune of talking with someone at Daystar about this matter. He was crying about how they had already paid out $40K in new bushings and such. I said well you guys are the ones that changed up the materials used to make the bushings without proper testing or notifying the ones that you supply too. He told me that I shouldn't believe what I have read on the internet and that that is not what had happened. He was getting upset with me at this point. I told him that I had plenty of time right now to listen to what really happened and he told me that he does not have to explain anything to me.

My mechanic gets paid to work on vehicles. He does not want to deal with shit bags like the dog turds at Daystar. I am the costumer that they have screwed over not my mechanic. They refused to deal with me at all.

On another note all of my correspondents with Rock Krawler have been exceptional. Adam C is an awesome dude and has taken his time to help me out as much as he could. Spoke to Jeremy on the phone and he took the time to explain what had taken place. Who do you believe? The guy that talks to you in great detail about what had happened or the guy that tells you I don't have to explain anything to you?

$75 is a slap in the face. Making the mechanics deal with the dirtbags at Daystar is no better.
Was your mechanic reimbursed Or were you left on the hook for it?
In either case, how much was the bill?
I’ve talked with several shops and the only one I found that would even think of this is leary and finds it very strange that he has to call Daystar. Even then, he’s leary of getting paid by taking to someone over the phone first.
Most shops want the customer to foot the bill and won’t even consider “calling” a 3rd party first for a promise of getting paid.
Talk is cheap and so far, nobody on this forum has stepped up and said that their shop has been paid by Daystar.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.