Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
I’d be curious as to how much “old stock” is out there with the shoddy Daystar bushings in them that unaware customers are going to buy and install in their Jeeps.
Has RK recalled them or do the unaware buyers get free bushings for rebuilding their arms after they install their kit too?

I just got off the phone with “Kelly” at Daystar and confirmed once again that if you installed the kit yourself you only get $75 for the inconvenience.
If you had a Rock Krawler authorized shop do the installation then they ”negotiate” with the shop at a higher price.
How is it they figure my labor is that cheap when shops charge about $100 per hour?

Due to unprecedented demand and short supply across the board, we had already verified that before the end of December, all retailers had sold through their inventory which is why the TSB covers until the end of December 2020. If someone has a kit from that time frame we are happy to get them replacements simply out of an abundance of caution. We would much rather ensure that people have confidence that their parts are correct than guessing about them.
Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I know this is a bad situation for all involved and shit happens. In reality, all that can be done is make the situation suck less.....$75 isn't even close to making to suck less.....Its a slap in the face!

This is a great reason to NOT do business with Daystar or other companies owned by DPI......Like JT's/Nitro Gear which they just acquired last month.

I will continue to NOT install RK parts too since they don't have a great track record in our shop over the past 15 years.....I would have never known the bushings still suck had I not read it here.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Daystar wanted the terms of the TSB the way that they are. If you want to know why their CEO, Ray Fundora, chose that path, ask him directly. (623) 215 - 0453

@Duke56 check out our Adventure Series arms, the joints use a similar snap ring to the MC arms and are a true maintenance free joint.
I called this number provided last week and left a message. Of course no one has the give a shit to call me back.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called this number provided last week and left a message. Of course no one has the give a shit to call me back.
I'll PM you my email. Shoot me an email and I will put you in touch with them.

Sponsored

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
Has anyone actually received $75. I spoke with Kelly. At first I was mad that all they had to offer was $75 when I knew no one would be able to have it done for that. I then remembered I like working in my Jeep. I emailed them back to take them up on their offer. This was on 2/11 and I’m still waiting on my check!

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Has anyone actually received $75. I spoke with Kelly. At first I was mad that all they had to offer was $75 when I knew no one would be able to have it done for that. I then remembered I like working in my Jeep. I emailed them back to take them up on their offer. This was on 2/11 and I’m still waiting on my check!
Matt, you’re more than welcome to come here and work on mine too!
You can have my “inconvenience fee” from Daystar.
And if I ain’t got the $75 pittance from Daystar when ya get here I’ll pay ya outta my own pocket.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All...

Just got done with a lengthy conference call with Daystar about how they are handling this situation. Daystar agreed to work with automotive repair shops on compensating for labor costs. The repair shop will need to be the one to contact Daystar about the warranty work and Daystar will compensate based on the number of joints in the kit and the shop can bill Daystar directly. I'm glad they're finally stepping up to that plate and getting this handled. For the DIY guys, look at having a shop handle this for you.

Keep an eye out for a Daystar contact change on the TSB listed on the RK website, good things are happening.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
All...

Just got done with a lengthy conference call with Daystar about how they are handling this situation. Daystar agreed to work with automotive repair shops on compensating for labor costs. The repair shop will need to be the one to contact Daystar about the warranty work and Daystar will compensate based on the number of joints in the kit and the shop can bill Daystar directly. I'm glad they're finally stepping up to that plate and getting this handled. For the DIY guys, look at having a shop handle this for you.

Keep an eye out for a Daystar contact change on the TSB listed on the RK website, good things are happening.
Does it need to be an “authorized” or “approved” shop?
If so, can you point me to one in the 48455 area?

Sponsored

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their statement was an automotive repair shop.
Any idea on cost or time for removing 8 arms, rebuilding 14 joints and reinstalling the 8 arms?

I just called 2 shops that install lift kits on trucks and they don’t want to even bother with contacting a 3rd party for reimbursement.
Not looking too good here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.