Not open for further replies.

Ezekielg1

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler 2 DR Sport (retired), 2020 Gladiator Sport
Thanks! I kind of figured I’d need the brake lines and shocks but I’ll start looking into the other parts as well.

Is there anything from the 3” lift that is compatible (I.e arms cradle sway bar disconnects) with the 4.5” or is it a completely different kit?
I honestly probably could just check part numbers huh (realizing as I’m typing) 😳
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
Everything else between the two kits are the same, you will just need to make an adjustment on your arms and links.

ThorJT

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport s
Occupation
Panel saw operator
So if you get 3/4" sag in the front from a winch and bumper on the stock suspension you'll still have about that much?

Sponsored

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I installed my 3 inch X-Factor lift on my JTRD last weekend and came across that the "No Limit" links in the front would only go to 11 3/4 center to center when bottomed out vs the directions stating 11 inches. I know I ran across someone in this thread that had also posted the same question but I could not for the life of me find it. Anyone had this same issue or question? What did you end up setting the no limits links to? Did I miss an installation manual update?

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 20220419_124810

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System Screenshot_20220419-073635_Dropbox

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Adding onto my questions above. I tried to get this answered through RK but didn't get a straight clear answer. Got the Jeep out and tried to get it to limit out so I could check all of the clearances and bump stops etc. The only issue I see is the front "No Limit sway bar links" are pushing up into the Fox 2.5 resi hose in the front and almost pinching it. I will need to make a bracket to hold hose out of the way and trim some of the fender liner to feel good about it. This brought me back to my question above that I never got clarity on? Are the "No Limit" links to long?? They get a ways up there when you get the front almost fully compressed with the sway bar disconnected. @Rock Krawler Suspension

20220501_184923.jpg

20220501_184526.jpg

20220501_184618.jpg

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Is the sway bar horizontal while sitting on level ground ?
Here is a photo of it sitting in my driveway. It looks like it is definitely not horizontal.

With the "no limits" link that I was sent it is as short as it can be. There wouldn't be a way to get it to adjust down to horizontal.

You can see the reservoir hose in that photo as well and how much the sway bar pushes it up.

Gotta love the PNW. Look at the sea of pollen in that photo!

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System Screenshot_20220502-154915_Gallery

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Looks like the links are to long, should be horizontal to the ground

I'm East coast Maryland and we get bad pollen also.......it sucks

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Here is a photo of it sitting in my driveway. It looks like it is definitely not horizontal.

With the "no limits" link that I was sent it is as short as it can be. There wouldn't be a way to get it to adjust down to horizontal.

You can see the reservoir hose in that photo as well and how much the sway bar pushes it up.

Gotta love the PNW. Look at the sea of pollen in that photo!

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System Screenshot_20220502-154915_Gallery
They actually look fine to me. Obviously you don’t want them to rub your reservoir hose so you would need to fix that by maybe getting a tighter fit to the frame, run it higher or just reroute it.

The sway bar doesn’t have to be exactly level to the ground. It’s fine if it has an upward angle. At full flex you don’t want it to lockout straight with a chance for it to flip the other direction.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
They actually look fine to me. Obviously you don’t want them to rub your reservoir hose so you would need to fix that by maybe getting a tighter fit to the frame, run it higher or just reroute it.

The sway bar doesn’t have to be exactly level to the ground. It’s fine if it has an upward angle. At full flex you don’t want it to lockout straight with a chance for it to flip the other direction.
This. If it is flat, and you flex ou you run a high risk of flipping the sway bar and let me tell you, that will be a mean lesson learned.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
Not to bring up old topics, but did the TSB recall about six months ago and the same bushings I replaced are shot again ... then also noticed that all four of their shocks I'm using are leaking ... kit isn't even 2 years old ... being this is my second kit from them, I used to have a lot of faith in Rock Krawler. bummed.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Not to bring up old topics, but did the TSB recall about six months ago and the same bushings I replaced are shot again ... then also noticed that all four of their shocks I'm using are leaking ... kit isn't even 2 years old ... being this is my second kit from them, I used to have a lot of faith in Rock Krawler. bummed.
When I was having private messages with the owner a while back about the bushing saga, I was really hoping this would be behind all of us, but I surely had my doubts........

Sorry you are having issues. I really wanted that triangulated 4 link setup, but no way I could take a chance on it.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
When I was having private messages with the owner a while back about the bushing saga, I was really hoping this would be behind all of us, but I surely had my doubts........

Sorry you are having issues. I really wanted that triangulated 4 link setup, but no way I could take a chance on it.
I really wanted that setup as well ... and just about pulled the trigger when I was getting the replacement bushings under the TSB recall, the rep at RK was pushing it hard ... almost did it but something told me not to.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.