Sponsored

Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions?

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hey there,
I've read the threads regarding the RK 3.0" Pro-X full kit and don't see many complaints surrounding the rear 4-link but I just wanted to check back again with a new thread in case people could weigh-in here? I'm specifically looking to upgrade just my rear setup to the Adventure Pro 4-link (maintenance free joints for me).

After a few snow wheeling trips here in CO (in deep snow) the axle hop is horrendous and I'm not trying to snap the rear driveshaft. This even occurs on city streets that have about 8in+ of fresh powder. I believe a big benefit from the triangulated 4-link is the reduction or elimination of axle hop?

I currently have a Clayton spring setup with full Synergy front suspension components. The rear is just simply Clayton springs will all OEM control arms/trackbar. The price comparison between going full Clayton rear arms/track bar is comparable to simply switching to the RK Adventure Pro 4-link setup. Looking to upgrade the rear setup in 2021 and leaning towards Rock Krawler after these past winter shenanigan's.

Just trying to do some homework before pulling the trigger to get rid of the OEM rear components.

Pics for attention:
Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? 1615748693578

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? 1615748719821
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I would be interested if the lowers were also triangulated but I think I would prefer to keep a short arm 5 link than only 1 set triangulated. I am by no means any expert in this area but I read into it on various 4x4 forums at one point, single triangulated will articulate more and remove the track bar but can have issues with steering in certain situations.

If you haven't already, read into single triangulated rear steer.

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I would be interested if the lowers were also triangulated but I think I would prefer to keep a short arm 5 link than only 1 set triangulated. I am by no means any expert in this area but I read into it on various 4x4 forums at one point, single triangulated will articulate more and remove the track bar but can have issues with steering in certain situations.

If you haven't already, read into single triangulated rear steer.
Great callout. I didn't even know of such a thing. I'm assuming that this kit might not introduce enough flex in that system to create rear steer but I'll reach out to RK tomorrow with some questions. I did find a few YT videos and in this one here's a somewhat clear shot of the rear. From the fender's shadow on the rear tire the line looks straight on the tire suggesting no rear steer? Again, just a clip but figured I'd start looking into your comment :)

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? 1615756496986

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Great callout. I didn't even know of such a thing. I'm assuming that this kit might not introduce enough flex in that system to create rear steer but I'll reach out to RK tomorrow with some questions. I did find a few YT videos and in this one here's a somewhat clear shot of the rear. From the fender's shadow on the rear tire the line looks straight on the tire suggesting no rear steer? Again, just a clip but figured I'd start looking into your comment :)

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? 1615756496986
idk much about it or what to look for, just something for you to be aware of and research a lot when deciding to buy or not

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
@j.o.y.ride Rock Krawler confirmed that there's absolutely no rear steer in the setup of this rear triangulated 4 link. Now I just have to wait 10 weeks for my order to get in stock :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
So I wanted to bump my thread as I just ordered the Adventure Pro rear upgrade for the JT and should have it in next week. I am pairing it with Synergy Mfg rear lower arms and new Synergy Mfg 3" springs at all 4 corners w/ Falcon SP2 3.3's. I'll keep this thread updated.

Last edited:

Plywood

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Willys EcoDiesel
Occupation
Pilot
I’m running a Clayton lift and just ordered the Pro X 4 link conversion to go with it and stumbled on this thread. good to hear there’s no flex steer with this kit, that’s something I was worried about.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Hey everyone, finally got around to installing the Adventure Pro 4 link. Installation was pretty straight forward and I love the "free" movement of the rear now without the track bar. Here's some pics.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? PXL_20220130_234748017

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? PXL_20220130_234748017

So no issues with mixing different companies control arms? I am a huge fan of metalcliak and have their 3.5 True Dual rate kit so I will be upgrade g to their control arns front and back but just saw a video on this 4 link setup and need to have it! So I figured I would run Metalcloak lower rear arms with the rock krawler setup.

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
So no issues with mixing different companies control arms? I am a huge fan of metalcliak and have their 3.5 True Dual rate kit so I will be upgrade g to their control arns front and back but just saw a video on this 4 link setup and need to have it! So I figured I would run Metalcloak lower rear arms with the rock krawler setup.
Hi there, so no issue to report after 500mi. I'm sure RK would recommend their own brand for the rear lowers of course. I would assume that any quality set of aftermarket lowers with a "free floating sleeve" or "non binding bushing" end will work. The Synergy Mfg bushings offer 30 degrees of misalignment at the bushing and it appears that the Metal Cloak is 34+ degrees. The only reason I didn't go with the RK Adventure Series rear lowers is that they are non-adjustable... I just wanted the option to adjust at the same price point of competitor offerings.

You'll be so amazed with how freely the rear end travels without the track bar. It stays perfectly centered throughout the travel too. If you disconnect lower shock bolts and end link bolts the entire rear end literally drops down far enough to allow even 3" springs to simply fall out of the bucket.

Sponsored

Fr11ts

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ,XJ and JT
Occupation
Exc Operator
Thanks for the write up darkhorse13, definitely want to pull the trigger on these now!!

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Couple of questions for you...

Is the cradle welded to the axle? Looks like maybe you did on the ends of the cradle. I have 37" KO2s and it sounds like an "optional" step according to Dana more so than RK

Did you use RK bumpstops or another company?

Did you end up extended your brake lines?

What limits your rear travel now, the shocks? Are limiting straps something you considered?

I have an AEV lift so I'm not sure this is for me since their advertised height is 2.5" but I'm intrigued by your positive review of the upgrade.

OP
OP
darkhorse13

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Couple of questions for you...

Is the cradle welded to the axle? Looks like maybe you did on the ends of the cradle. I have 37" KO2s and it sounds like an "optional" step according to Dana more so than RK

YES, but not necessary

Did you use RK bumpstops or another company?

I use Synergy Mfg... any bumps should do. In all honesty I ran RK bumps and the powder coating failed in about 1 year.

Did you end up extended your brake lines?

Yes, but this is a shock length thing and not a RK 4 Link issue.

What limits your rear travel now, the shocks? Are limiting straps something you considered?

Yes, my shocks have always been the limiting factor on all my vehicles. I don't jump or find myself in situations where the entire rear end droops suddenly and violently to cause shock harm. I'd be more concerned about correct sway bar link length being your limiting factor. The JT rear end will rip the end link from the frame side pretty easily.

I have an AEV lift so I'm not sure this is for me since their advertised height is 2.5" but I'm intrigued by your positive review of the upgrade.

I'd call RK to ask about minimum height requirements...
Maybe it's to keep the upper arms of the truss clear of the bed frame or exhaust when fully compressed? Maybe there's a minimum amount of bump stop that's needed? Most folks with a 3" lift are running an equivalent 3" of bump stop. Just my guesses.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler JT Adventure Pro Upgrade Kit Rear 4 Link - anyone have impressions? 1682610474951
I responded in your quote above... may have to expand to see everything

JTR2021

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon on 38s
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
@j.o.y.ride Rock Krawler confirmed that there's absolutely no rear steer in the setup of this rear triangulated 4 link. Now I just have to wait 10 weeks for my order to get in stock :(
I know this reply is somewhat late, but I had the Rock Krawler Adventure 3.0 Pro installed on my 21 Gladiator Rubicon. The elimination of the rear track bar greatly improves Highway ride/handling, however the rear sags from the weight of a Rebel 1/2 rack, RC steel rear bumper, 23 Zero Armadillo tent, Iceco fridge and misc camping gear. I’m considering running the AEV HC springs. The lift is less than 3 weeks old. The shop that installed ensured me the springs would handle weight. They don’t. Good thing I have Fox hydrolic bump stops.
Sponsored