First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Sadly, a year later and they're still not ready. Called the other day, and they're .. "not even working on that product currently". Really wanted these - HUGE, disappointment.
SERIOUSLY!!! :angry: I thought ROAM was close last December, and per a previous post in this thread would be actively working on them by now after getting other products out of the way. Major disappointment. Now what to do? Wait another month or so for the LoD Armor Lite rails, or choose between the Rock Hard angled down sliders or the Shrockworks rails. Arrrrrrgh!
Sponsored

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
Agreed. Rock Hard is one on my list so far. I'm looking to maintain a rock slider but to dual function as a step. I think the Rock Hard angled down would serve both those purposes for me.
I think I am going with the Rock Hard ones as well. Just wondering how much lower a step you would get with Angle Down vs Angel Up on these? Both should have the same step functionality, it's just a matter of what height its at, correct?

I also am looking at the Rock Hard rear bumper to pair with them. I like that they have the access step in the corners to get into the bed but want to make sure that is actually a usable step.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Sadly, a year later and they're still not ready. Called the other day, and they're .. "not even working on that product currently". Really wanted these - HUGE, disappointment.
OMG.....Really? I've never been frustrated like this. Roam makes rock rails, the JT is only inches longer than the JL they already have a product for. People keep asking them for the product, they start making it, then just sideline it.....Luckily I'm busy with my canopy and then back to making my own drawer system. no time, or funds for rock rails at this time.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Sponsored

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
SERIOUSLY!!! :angry: I thought ROAM was close last December, and per a previous post in this thread would be actively working on them by now after getting other products out of the way. Major disappointment. Now what to do? Wait another month or so for the LoD Armor Lite rails, or choose between the Rock Hard angled down sliders or the Shrockworks rails. Arrrrrrgh!
I know man.. fell in love with their design and did not mind waiting for them. Been checking on them via email and the occasional call to Anthony out there since Novemberish' timeframe. Noticed they hung a little graphic out on their website a while back for the body mounted ones for the JT "Coming Soon", so I called to check status on the frame mounted ones, this was months ago.. was told they were "getting close" and were soon to be tested.. I don't know what happened but they seem to have been sidelined. I want to be fair to their shop, guess they have their reasons but seriously disappointing. Not sure what I'll go with now. I loved theirs because they were to require no cutting, drilling, welding and were to be frame mounted.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG.....Really? I've never been frustrated like this. Roam makes rock rails, the JT is only inches longer than the JL they already have a product for. People keep asking them for the product, they start making it, then just sideline it.....Luckily I'm busy with my canopy and then back to making my own drawer system. no time, or funds for rock rails at this time.
I don't get it - I would think they would steadily sell quite a few of both types (body and frame mounted). Glad to hear I'm not the only one super frustrated with this.. thought it was just my impatience. But, not good business to come on this forum with pictures, full description and details saying that they're in production -then, just drop the ball like that. <sigh...> Trying to decide now which ones I'll go with now. Evo, Lod, Rockhard, Schrockworks I dunno.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I don't get it - I would think they would steadily sell quite a few of both types (body and frame mounted). Glad to hear I'm not the only one super frustrated with this.. thought it was just my impatience. But, not good business to come on this forum with pictures, full description and details saying that they're in production -then, just drop the ball like that. <sigh...> Trying to decide now which ones I'll go with now. Evo, Lod, Rockhard, Schrockworks I dunno.
i'm right there with you. so are they even coming out with body mounted ones and just ditching the frame mounted? or they're not doing ANY steps for the Gladiator?

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm right there with you. so are they even coming out with body mounted ones and just ditching the frame mounted? or they're not doing ANY steps for the Gladiator?
I'm honestly not sure - I have to believe they will eventually come out with both? But they've gone from 'coming soon' to 'in testing' to 'should be soon'... to who knows when really.

Here's a snippet from past emails just to give you the timeline: (this first one talking bout the body mounted ones that still show as "Coming Soon" on their website)

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 12:36 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
We are working on the JT steps and will be releasing very soon. We will test our next set and make sure there is no fitment issue and run a couple tests. We will then produce several once we feel the steps are perfect.
Then..
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:49 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
The body mounted steps will be available first. Frame mounted will be available for purchase not too long after.
Then..
On Thurs, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:26 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
First set has been tested a few days ago. We will have to do a bit of redesigning.
Then..
Hi, Anthony - Just wanted to touch base after the holidays to see where things are at regarding the frame mounted side armor/steps for the JT - trying my best not to bug you too much sir.

On Tues, Jan 07, 2020, 03:00 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
Nothing new yet. We are changing it a tad bit before production. Basically areas such as how much space is needed at the rear step, etc.

I've been saving the email interaction to touch base w/ them every couple months or so, responses usually offered to 'add me to the mailing list' to update with any new info. Then, I called direct last week and was told the sad news that they're currently not even working on them.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
A little something just got delivered:

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread C22A26FC-57B0-4BD3-862D-AF4FAFA440AB
Are they installed yet? How about now? Now? If you were in Denver, I'd probably offer to help! Are they angled up or down? The angled up version look like a one piece equivalent of adding the Ace Sliders to stock Rubi Rails. I had that combo on my 2014 Wrangler and liked it allot.
980x.jpg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm honestly not sure - I have to believe they will eventually come out with both? But they've gone from 'coming soon' to 'in testing' to 'should be soon'... to who knows when really.

Here's a snippet from past emails just to give you the timeline: (this first one talking bout the body mounted ones that still show as "Coming Soon" on their website)

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 12:36 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
We are working on the JT steps and will be releasing very soon. We will test our next set and make sure there is no fitment issue and run a couple tests. We will then produce several once we feel the steps are perfect.
Then..
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:49 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
The body mounted steps will be available first. Frame mounted will be available for purchase not too long after.
Then..
On Thurs, Dec 19, 2019 at 5:26 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
First set has been tested a few days ago. We will have to do a bit of redesigning.
Then..
Hi, Anthony - Just wanted to touch base after the holidays to see where things are at regarding the frame mounted side armor/steps for the JT - trying my best not to bug you too much sir.

On Tues, Jan 07, 2020, 03:00 PM Anthony R <[email protected]> wrote:
Nothing new yet. We are changing it a tad bit before production. Basically areas such as how much space is needed at the rear step, etc.

I've been saving the email interaction to touch base w/ them every couple months or so, responses usually offered to 'add me to the mailing list' to update with any new info. Then, I called direct last week and was told the sad news that they're currently not even working on them.
i just got this from them So hopefully they're just delayed longer, but eventually come out.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1588795704407

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just got this from them So hopefully they're just delayed longer, but eventually come out.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1588795704407
Yeah, I've been "on the list" since late 2019. But, I do feel for Anthony.. wonder how many people (like me) have been using their contact form to bug them haha. I really, REALLY want theirs and the frame mounted ones. Patience I guess. Thanks man,
Sponsored