Rock Rails Thread

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Newbie question, and I apologize if it has been covered already.
New Gladiator Rubicon (Factory Rock rails) with 2 inch lift. Wife is 5'2" and can't get in and out easily.

I really need some form of step, but don't want to replace the factory rock rails (last resort?).
Can anyone point me toward a reasonable option here?
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I caved and ordered the Fab Fours yesterday. 4WheelParts had them in stock, and there is a local store neat me, so I get them next Tuesday/Wednesday and a buddy of mine will help me install them on Friday.

I knew they were more expensive, but they were what i originally wanted, but balked at the price. Got tired of waiting on the Roam and LOD ones, and unfortunately because of this pandemic, it doesn't look like they will be available anytime soon. So eff it, "treat mah'self"! Pics to come after the install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i'm guessing they also had iron cross fenders and possibly bumpers on that RSI rig too?

These fenders look the same as the rsi ones.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 1588948834685
They look like it to me as well

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Well after reading this whole thread I was about to order the RockHard 4x4 ones, but I know they would be complete overkill as I moreso want a step that can provide a little protection. Not Protection that can provide a little step.

Then I came across the Body Armor Rock Crawler Side Steps which seem to fit the bill pretty well. Looking at the installation instructions & the weight they seem like they are basically the mopar sliders with a step on em.

Anyone have any experience with these on past jeeps.
Those look fantastic in the photos. If I hadn't ordered Ace already, I might have ordered those. The weight is 109 pounds, so we can assume the tubes are fairly substantial. Lighter than some, but not like those 50 pound nerf bars made from tin foil. I can't wait to see them on your Jeep.

Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
Got my Rock Hard 4x4 sliders installed! Very happy with how they look, and having the downward angle makes it much easier to get in and out of the Jeep. As others have mentioned, they are rock solid and very well made.

Here's some pics so hopefully it helps others to decide whether to go for these or not:

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 01

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 02

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 03

If you want any other angles, let me know. Would be happy to help.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those look fantastic in the photos. If I hadn't ordered Ace already, I might have ordered those. The weight is 109 pounds, so we can assume the tubes are fairly substantial. Lighter than some, but not like those 50 pound nerf bars made from tin foil. I can't wait to see them on your Jeep.
Yeah the weight is exactly the same as the JCR Classic sliders. With a similar design & installation method (both use the pinch seams & then 4 body attachment points, but the 4 points are not the same) I expect the material used to be of similar thickness as well.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Yeah the weight is exactly the same as the JCR Classic sliders. With a similar design & installation method (both use the pinch seams & then 4 body attachment points, but the 4 points are not the same) I expect the material used to be of similar thickness as well.
Possibly. The "box" part looks bigger, so it might account for more material. I'm always super suspicious when they don't give you material thickness. But for what you said you want them to do, they seem perfect. And half the price of most others.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Got my Rock Hard 4x4 sliders installed! Very happy with how they look, and having the downward angle makes it much easier to get in and out of the Jeep. As others have mentioned, they are rock solid and very well made.

Here's some pics so hopefully it helps others to decide whether to go for these or not:

Those look great - heavily considering these, I wanted the ROAM ones that were supposed to be straight up frame mounted with no drilling.. but no ETA still after nearly a year. Just fell in love w/ their chunky, boxy design.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
If my wife tried that (she's 5'-4") she'd probably end up in the hospital :LOL:!
i'm guessing they also had iron cross fenders and possibly bumpers on that RSI rig too?

1588948834685.png
I like the design of these, but would be concerned that a rock could damage the steps when off-roading. Otherwise nice looking product.

03.jpg

Affirmative. Could you get a close up of the front of the rail from the side. I've got mud flaps installed and I think these will fit right up against them but want to make sure.
mOKf9Owz6PrcQg?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

tIdpRyl4B2wj8A?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

Still haven't decided on angle up/down. Like the look of the angled up slightly better (remind me of the ACE sliders), but the angled down would probably be better as a step (for the wife, I'm tall enough that it wouldn't matter either way). Decisions decisions!
Sponsored