They chewed along the top edge, so they didn't get into the cells. It's also an AGM battery so I don't think they use acid anymore, just an electrolyte solution, not much liquid, and not acid.Did any battery acid spill?
Holy mackerel. That's a lot of damage.I got the estimate from the dealer:
![]()
Glad insurance is covering that cost. I would have been "upgrading" top aftermarket for sure.
I think the issue is that he chewed a handful of different things, but once a little bit is chewed then you have to replace the whole thing. I don't know about the plenum but I think anything chewed on there was cosmetic at best. the Fuse box was definitely mangled. There were 3 small wire chews but I'm guessing they're just replacing that entire harness... it was preventing the truck from starting. So while I don't think they added untouched parts to the mix, I do think they're replacing things that would were functioning fine.Holy mackerel. That's a lot of damage.
Did the rodent really chew that much or is the dealer milking it?
It's still sulfuric acid (called electrolyte be in a flooded cell or absorbent glass mat battery)They chewed along the top edge, so they didn't get into the cells. It's also an AGM battery so I don't think they use acid anymore, just an electrolyte solution, not much liquid, and not acid.
They were unchewed before he got there so it makes sense that they replace whatever isn't in top condition because of it.I think the issue is that he chewed a handful of different things, but once a little bit is chewed then you have to replace the whole thing. I don't know about the plenum but I think anything chewed on there was cosmetic at best. the Fuse box was definitely mangled. There were 3 small wire chews but I'm guessing they're just replacing that entire harness... it was preventing the truck from starting. So while I don't think they added untouched parts to the mix, I do think they're replacing things that would were functioning fine.
I prefer 5.56.
