First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
Roughy Country double steering stabilizer vs Fox Mopar 2.0 single stabilizer which one is better ?
Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You will definitely get some replies that the Fox 2.0 causes steering to pull because it is one directional. However, from what I've read on this if you install it correctly, including turning it all the way left/right multiple times right after installing, it should be fine.

The OEM one is one directional too (iirc), so I'm not sure why this would be an issue for the Fox 2.0.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
What's your reason for wanting one just curious. The stock one is plenty enough unless you are running 37 inch plus tires. I have the fox one and have no issues but only because I have stock Rubicon fox shocks installed. If not for wanting to match the Rubicon shocks, Is still have the stock one installed. You definitely don't need a dual stabilizer setup.

Unless your getting a pass through stabilizer then most of the regular ones are pretty much equal, ones really no better than the other. Your stock one should be fine, unless it's damaged in some way.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I don’t believe the RC trash has adjustable steering stabilizers either

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
What's your reason for wanting one just curious. The stock one is plenty enough unless you are running 37 inch plus tires. I have the fox one and have no issues but only because I have stock Rubicon fox shocks installed. If not for wanting to match the Rubicon shocks, Is still have the stock one installed. You definitely don't need a dual stabilizer setup.

Unless your getting a pass through stabilizer then most of the regular ones are pretty much equal, ones really no better than the other. Your stock one should be fine, unless it's damaged in some way.

I want me one that is a little stiffer , I’m running 35’s but roads are rough In Mississippi .. pot holes are the size of volkswagons here !! We have that real terrain here in the south !!

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Get the Fox or Falcon Nexus pass through adjustable if you want to be sure you will get desired results. With my Falcon Nexus 2.2 I can definitely feel the difference when on the firm setting.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I want me one that is a little stiffer , I’m running 35’s but roads are rough In Mississippi .. pot holes are the size of volkswagons here !! We have that real terrain here in the south !!
I've got the Fox 2.0 sitting in my basement. I bought it to fix the steering wander (which it probably would not have) but ended up getting the free steering box fix.

I do still plan to put it on the truck, but damn the nut is on tight. I couldn't get it loose using my (relatively short) wrench.

Anyone know if I could use, say, an impact driver on it? Or just find a friend with a longer wrench?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Honest unless it's a through shaft one your not going to tell much of a difference between the brands, including the stock one. I can't tell a difference between the fox one I have and the stock one.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Honest unless it's a through shaft one your not going to tell much of a difference between the brands, including the stock one. I can't tell a difference between the fox one I have and the stock one.
There is a user or two on here who "thinks" it helps with bump steer. Any thoughts on that? (I put "think" in quotation since it could be just wishful thinking.)

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
There is a user or two on here who "thinks" it helps with bump steer. Any thoughts on that? (I put "think" in quotation since it could be just wishful thinking.)
Marginal at best. I've put the stock one back on a few times and I couldn't tell a difference from it and the Fox one. When I was going in for the steering box replacement diagnosis I put the stock one back on and rode with it installed for 6 weeks until the Box came in and was replaced. Drove home after that and reinstalled the Fox one, felt pretty much like the stock one. Honestly I feel like I lose some turning radius with the fox one installed like it want make a U turn as good with it compared to the stock one, that could be in my head but the wife felt the same way when she drove it.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Marginal at best. I've put the stock one back on a few times and I couldn't tell a difference from it and the Fox one. When I was going in for the steering box replacement diagnosis I put the stock one back on and rode with it installed for 6 weeks until the Box came in and was replaced. Drove home after that and reinstalled the Fox one, felt pretty much like the stock one. Honestly I feel like I lose some turning radius with the fox one installed like it want make a U turn as good with it compared to the stock one, that could be in my head but the wife felt the same way when she drove it.
I know I read that U-turn thing on this forum from someone - might have been you. Thanks!

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Watch the RC hate pour in. I replaced my factory one on my JTR with the RC dual when I went to 37s- works perfectly. Unless you're doing serious crawling, I don't see any reason that the RC wouldn't work for you. As a matter of fact, I had a buddy over this weekend, that is a professional 4wd frame and suspension fabricator, and he agrees with me.

Also, out of EVERYONE that I have ever asked why they don't like RC, the response has always been "I heard they weren't that great" or "My buddy told me to stay away from them.." - never been told a first hand bad experience. Anyone that I have talked to that has used them, has always said good things. Personally, they suit my backroads/woods/mild trails/mud needs, but I'm not out west doing major wheelin' or rock crawling'. This is my 3rd vehicle that I have put at least one of their products on, and been nothing but pleased.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I've got the Fox 2.0 sitting in my basement. I bought it to fix the steering wander (which it probably would not have) but ended up getting the free steering box fix.

I do still plan to put it on the truck, but damn the nut is on tight. I couldn't get it loose using my (relatively short) wrench.

Anyone know if I could use, say, an impact driver on it? Or just find a friend with a longer wrench?
I didn't have any trouble with mine, though I was using 1/2" drive sockets and a breaker bar. Didn't break out the air compressor at all.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Watch the RC hate pour in. I replaced my factory one on my JTR with the RC dual when I went to 37s- works perfectly. Unless you're doing serious crawling, I don't see any reason that the RC wouldn't work for you. As a matter of fact, I had a buddy over this weekend, that is a professional 4wd frame and suspension fabricator, and he agrees with me.

Also, out of EVERYONE that I have ever asked why they don't like RC, the response has always been "I heard they weren't that great" or "My buddy told me to stay away from them.." - never been told a first hand bad experience. Anyone that I have talked to that has used them, has always said good things. Personally, they suit my backroads/woods/mild trails/mud needs, but I'm not out west doing major wheelin' or rock crawling'. This is my 3rd vehicle that I have put at least one of their products on, and been nothing but pleased.
Ran RC on my old Ram. No issues and great customer service.
Sponsored