RSI Smartcap

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
If I didn’t find this Smartcap I already got a quote for the new Alucab Contour with solid doors. I think it looks great and comes in at about 125lbs. The shop I spoke with said November for those. Comes with a brake light and 3 led lights inside the cap. It was a serious competitor if I was t lucky enough to find this one.
Looks like I can jump on the new Alucab Contour. I’ll probably make sure it’s in stock ready to ship before I cancel my rsi order. Lighter and costs the same after shipping and tax winner winner

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like I can jump on the new Alucab Contour. I’ll probably make sure it’s in stock ready to ship before I cancel my rsi order. Lighter and costs the same after shipping and tax winner winner
I really like the look of the contour. I wasn’t a fan of the explorer. But that contour is a nice mix. I wanted the evo a originally. But with having two dogs I figured the sport would be nicer with the windows to open, but I didn like the look of the sport with how big the windows on it are. Now seeing this contour it’s not as big as the explorer. And you almost get a hybrid of solid sides and windows. Like you said with it being lighter and cheaper. I may have just been swayed to alu cab. I just wish there were some more pics of it installed with out all the accessories that they have posted on their website. I wanna see it without the roof top tent mounted.

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I really like the look of the contour. I wasn’t a fan of the explorer. But that contour is a nice mix. I wanted the evo a originally. But with having two dogs I figured the sport would be nicer with the windows to open, but I didn like the look of the sport with how big the windows on it are. Now seeing this contour it’s not as big as the explorer. And you almost get a hybrid of solid sides and windows. Like you said with it being lighter and cheaper. I may have just been swayed to alu cab. I just wish there were some more pics of it installed with out all the accessories that they have posted on their website. I wanna see it without the roof top tent mounted.
that’s what I’m trying to find too. Pictures without tent so I can really see the contour with jeep’s hardtop and how much gap there is

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
that’s what I’m trying to find too. Pictures without tent so I can really see the contour with jeep’s hardtop and how much gap there is
I saw someone on here with it and it looked good, but I still need to see more. Took a pic with my cell phone on my work comp. Sorry if the quality sucks. The lines aren’t as smooth as the rsi, but it fits the gladiators boxy appearance. With it not being as big as the explorer it’s nice. I emailed alu cab as well, so if they give me anything I’ll post it on here.

F99814CC-3982-4FA4-8291-C1D3E848A32D.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I like the look of the Contour also...if I can find one within a couple hundred miles of Phx I may make that jump also. The Alucab site doesn't give any real availability info, so I am skeptical that this is available anytime soon.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I like the look of the Contour also...if I can find one within a couple hundred miles of Phx I may make that jump also. The Alucab site doesn't give any real availability info, so I am skeptical that this is available anytime soon.
I believe they are available, I found a website that’s dealer is close to me and it allowed me to add it to my cart etc. Didn’t say out of stock or anything.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm EvoA someday or Evo Sport now. After 8 months it is extremely hard to stay onboard with the EvoA when I still have NO delivery dates. Lots of "hope" and maybe's thrown around that it could arrive this year. Not even getting interest earned on my full payment over the past 8 months @OffroadAlliance.com

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
hmm EvoA someday or Evo Sport now. After 8 months it is extremely hard to stay onboard with the EvoA when I still have NO delivery dates. Lots of "hope" and maybe's thrown around that it could arrive this year. Not even getting interest earned on my full payment over the past 8 months @OffroadAlliance.com
I went back and forth but according to RSI the are working to offer conversion doors one day. To me that would be ideal. I want solid doors for wheeling but the glass windows are better for my daily needs.

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe they are available, I found a website that’s dealer is close to me and it allowed me to add it to my cart etc. Didn’t say out of stock or anything.
Apparently it sucks being in Arizona, there is nothing available in the state. When I ask about availability/lead time I am seeing 90-120 days.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went back and forth but according to RSI the are working to offer conversion doors one day. To me that would be ideal. I want solid doors for wheeling but the glass windows are better for my daily needs.
Only takes plenty of cash lol. I see your point - I waivered long and hard when I first ordered this thing. Doubt I could afford another set of doors, or the space to store them so I have to live with what I get. Now thinking glass isn't that bad & I can add window film for more privacy. At this point I am so p$$$ed off, any moment I may cancel and move on.

peteryao

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mojave
Occupation
engineer
same here,
last time @OffroadAlliance.com said it will be shipped in Sep, now they say Oct :angry:

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
same here,
last time @OffroadAlliance.com said it will be shipped in Sep, now they say Oct :angry:
Peter–
Thanks very much for your patience to this point. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to be able to manufacture and deliver our products as quickly and efficiently as possible. We'll start a DM conversation with you to see if we can get a little more information on your order. Let us know if for some reason you don't receive it.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
same here,
They told me March, then May, then June, then July then September. I am not even sure they actually ordered any when we paid them. Guessing they took our money and sat on it for 6 + months before placing orders.
Sponsored