RSI Smartcap

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Put my Yakina racks on cap tonight, I have some extra nuts that fit the tracks on the RSI cap, need 8-10 let me know I’ll mail them to ya, anyone on this thread, even you Colorado! Ha!......Jack
D91B4E8B-0F27-4ADA-A4B2-47D7B96A7246.jpeg
42DDAF7A-D6B5-4208-822A-C8039BA3AB97.jpeg
2E348272-D44F-415E-B8EA-6E83E92130AE.jpeg
If no one has claimed the nuts, I’m your Huckleberry.
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Your first bud, PM me your address they will be on their way!.....Jack

chuckfinley79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Ok I’ve been saving up for a while, so I’m not ashamed to say I’m impatient (maybe impatiently excited) but what seems to get the fastest delivery time... order from RSI? Local dealer (Cincinnati)? North ridge 4x4?

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
I just ordered mine on 1/5, from a RSI dealer here in Iowa. I was quoted 12 weeks so I settled in thinking I wouldn’t have it on my truck until the March/April timeframe. Just got a call yesterday my cap came in. Install was dirt cheap so it’ll get put on in less than a week. All in all it’ll be 16 days from order to having it on my rig.

I’m obviously an anomaly from reading the previous 38 pages of posts. Filling open orders and the logic around what goes into that is not as simple as a FIFO (first in first out). Businesses have large orders that need filled and get priority, cancelled orders, dealers pre-purchase units and hedge that their customers will buy their inventory; but either way I benefitted from something well outside of my control and am not going to complain one bit.

Hope everyone has as smooth a process as mine is looking to be...

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
I just ordered mine on 1/5, from a RSI dealer here in Iowa. I was quoted 12 weeks so I settled in thinking I wouldn’t have it on my truck until the March/April timeframe. Just got a call yesterday my cap came in. Install was dirt cheap so it’ll get put on in less than a week. All in all it’ll be 16 days from order to having it on my rig.

I’m obviously an anomaly from reading the previous 38 pages of posts. Filling open orders and the logic around what goes into that is not as simple as a FIFO (first in first out). Businesses have large orders that need filled and get priority, cancelled orders, dealers pre-purchase units and hedge that their customers will buy their inventory; but either way I benefitted from something well outside of my control and am not going to complain one bit.

Is it possible to be happy for you and hate you at the same time?
Just kidding.
I also have a rubicon gladiator and bmw GS. It's a good combination!

Sponsored

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Wow, you are definitely the winner for the fastest delivery. I'm sure you were planning on doing this anyway but you might want to make the dealer/installer aware of the tailgate clearance issue & fix from this thread.

The cap that I received did not have any reference in the instructions or an insert so I doubt that many of the dealers are aware of this as it only seems to effect Gladiators. There are some earlier posts from @RSI North America Inc in this thread that outline it pretty clearly, might be a good idea to bring those posts with you to make sure you get the perfect fit.

I think you'll be super happy with it once installed.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered mine from an RSI dealer 1/14 and have yet to hear anything. I actually have had some issues getting them to send an invoice to my dealership. Just got word they are sending it today so hopefully that means some movement on the order.

Did they require payment when you placed your order or waiting until it was shipped?

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
I ordered from Northridge 4X4 November 17th, paid in full. December 30th got word from FedEx freight it would be delivered January 4th. Looking at the shipping information, it sat with FedEx in my home town the week before Christmas. But going in knowing I shouldn't see it for up to two months from ordering, I was happy it all worked the way it did.

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible to be happy for you and hate you at the same time?
Just kidding.
I also have a rubicon gladiator and bmw GS. It's a good combination!
lol... Great combo indeed. I got the exploring itch with the GS after a trip down Baja with the brother. The Jeep is a happy compromise so the little one and lady can come along too. We had 27 days in the RTT in 2020; hoping to get that closer to 45 days in 2021.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
I still can’t believe they have zero warranty stock on hand, after getting multiple shipments from South Africa. I’m still sitting with a damaged/broken rear lift gate... after having my cap sitting in my garage for 2 months.

I heard today that RSI NA was going to “check with corporate” on the status of my replacement panel.

All of this was on top of having to have a body shop fix my roof panel (Which turned out great, actually). I’d love to install this thing finally! Very jealous of everyone out there enjoying their’s.

Sponsored

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you are definitely the winner for the fastest delivery. I'm sure you were planning on doing this anyway but you might want to make the dealer/installer aware of the tailgate clearance issue & fix from this thread.

The cap that I received did not have any reference in the instructions or an insert so I doubt that many of the dealers are aware of this as it only seems to effect Gladiators. There are some earlier posts from @RSI North America Inc in this thread that outline it pretty clearly, might be a good idea to bring those posts with you to make sure you get the perfect fit.

I think you'll be super happy with it once installed.
Dealer was aware of the issue as well. The shop owner had recently put one on their Gladiator so felt confident I would walk out with a top that functioned correctly. After first glance in this thread I was a bit worried about the issues experienced but ultimately RSI's support and engagement in this thread (along with members enthusiastically supporting the quality of the product) left me knowing this purchase would be supported by the manufacturer and the community here. Excited as hell to get this thing on...

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
Put my Yakima racks on cap tonight, I have some extra nuts that fit the tracks on the RSI cap, need 8-10 let me know I’ll mail them to ya, anyone on this thread, even you Colorado! Ha!......Jack
2E348272-D44F-415E-B8EA-6E83E92130AE.jpeg
Which Yakima Landing Pads are you using? The look like the LP1.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yes LaRock they are Yakima LP1, vintage 2003 fit fine, but I had to drill out the hole to fit the metric socket heads I bought, the rail is heavy duty!

As for your guys whinning about delivery, hell ya all short timers for the most part , I ordered 7/19 and got the cap 12/14, only 19 weeks! Most of us preordered before they were being made, and then in order to a point, but that got screwed up, Keystone is a PA. based company, the containers came into NJ, and my friend one travler got his before me, and he is in Alaska, a barge brought it up river for him to pickup, really, they had to drive past my house on their way!

Briscoelab, time for you to just get a whole new cap, a bunch of us are heading up to Scranton to storm the steps of Keystone copraate office! I also have a guy I can call!
I think caps are in the country, and more containers on way so I don't think it will be long lead times anymore, now we just have to get RSI to make a camper pop top tent version, perhaps first solid stainless steel version no stinky cavas!......jack

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
Yes LaRock they are Yakima LP1, vintage 2003 fit fine, but I had to drill out the hole to fit the metric socket heads I bought, the rail is heavy duty!

As for your guys whinning about delivery, hell ya all short timers for the most part , I ordered 7/19 and got the cap 12/14, only 19 weeks! Most of us preordered before they were being made, and then in order to a point, but that got screwed up, Keystone is a PA. based company, the containers came into NJ, and my friend one travler got his before me, and he is in Alaska, a barge brought it up river for him to pickup, really, they had to drive past my house on their way!

Briscoelab, time for you to just get a whole new cap, a bunch of us are heading up to Scranton to storm the steps of Keystone copraate office! I also have a guy I can call!
I think caps are in the country, and more containers on way so I don't think it will be long lead times anymore, now we just have to get RSI to make a camper pop top tent version, perhaps first solid stainless steel version no stinky cavas!......jack
I ordered mine 8/3 and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!!

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone received any of the modular items? Like the kitchen, bins, or RSI roof rack? I am still waiting for mine. Talk about impatient. I keep holding out hope and pushing camping dates. I might just end up sleeping in the cap.
Sponsored