First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Had to laugh it sitting behind your car reminds me of the three times now that the Amazon drivers have left our packages in front of the garage door right in line with where we back our cars out, Yup we are three for three drove over prescription drugs twice and a replacement C-Pap machine kit. They walk by our covered front porch to set it in front of garage!
I live on top of a hill up an 800 foot driveway , sometimes packages are just sitting in the woods along driveway, one driver drove all the way up the dtiveway threw the box out the window then backed almost all the way down, almost because she veered off into the woods and got hung up on a boulder. I try real hard to not use Amazon.
Check your top over good real quick the roof panel for sure!

Last edited:

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
Had to laugh it sitting behind your car reminds me of the three times now that the Amazon drivers have left our packages in front of the garage door right in line with where we back our cars out, Yup we are three for three drove over prescription drugs twice and a replacement C-Pap machine kit. They walk by our covered front porch to set it in front of garage!
I live on top of a hill up an 800 foot driveway , sonetines packages are just sitting in the woods along driveway, one driver drove all the way up the dtiveway threw the box out the wibdow then backed almost all the way down, almost because she veered off into the woods and got hung up on a boulder. I try real hard to not use Amazon.
Fortunately (or unfortunately if you ask my wife) the engine for that land cruiser is on a stand in the garage, so that is really the safest place he could've put it...

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I live on top of a hill up an 800 foot driveway , sometimes packages are just sitting in the woods along driveway, one driver drove all the way up the dtiveway threw the box out the window then backed almost all the way down, almost because she veered off into the woods and got hung up on a boulder. I try real hard to not use Amazon.
Mine are the Fed-Ex drivers. Similar situation, top of a long hill. On more occasions than I care to admit, I've come home to boxes about halfway up the drive. Thankfully I picked up my Topper straight from the barge.

Sponsored

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
Need some advice. Looks like something punched through the box with my roof panel.
There is a crease/scratch on the "outside" and the flange is bent. On the inside the paint is broken.
What should I do? I have ZERO autobody / paint skills. This is the rear flange. I don't want to be a baby, and I have waited for a long time...but this thing was pretty damn expensive and I would love for it to not go on the truck damaged. I could almost live with it if I could be guaranteed it wouldn't leak. Thoughts?

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3507.JPG

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3508.JPG

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3509.JPG

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3511.JPG

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Need some advice. Looks like something punched through the box with my roof panel.
There is a crease/scratch on the "outside" and the flange is bent. On the inside the paint is broken.
What should I do? I have ZERO autobody / paint skills. This is the rear flange. I don't want to be a baby, and I have waited for a long time...but this thing was pretty damn expensive and I would love for it to not go on the truck damaged. I could almost live with it if I could be guaranteed it wouldn't leak. Thoughts?

Who did you purchase from?

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
Who did you purchase from?
Offroad Alliance. My plan is to call them in the morning. I just REALLY want to put it together now! But I think it makes sense to wait to see what they have to say.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Damn, I would call them.

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Offroad Alliance. My plan is to call them in the morning. I just REALLY want to put it together now! But I think it makes sense to wait to see what they have to say.
If you’ve been in contact with Andy, message him. A body shop should be able to sort that for you though. You’ll want it fixed primarily for rust concerns. I have no doubt it’ll seal as their bolt formation will tighten it right up.

Sponsored

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
If you’ve been in contact with Andy, message him. A body shop should be able to sort that for you though. You’ll want it fixed primarily for rust concerns. I have no doubt it’ll seal as their bolt formation will tighten it right up.
Yeah. I've been working with Andy getting the thing here. He has been GREAT!

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Finally received my RSI smart-cap a couple of weeks ago. After shipping mishap and receiving one of the two boxes happy to report it’s much better than I expected. Just finished a road trip last week to -7 temperatures in Idaho and operated absolutely perfectly. For those of you that already have it, you’ll understand this has so many great features and attention to detail it has next to no leakage inside. I had a ARE shell on my 2020 gladiator. The constantly leaking of dust on my side windows and in my back window. The team at off-road alliance have been so amazing and I will be a lifelong customer of theirs based on how they handle this transaction and the customer service In trying to find the missing box. I am waiting on the kitchen and the drawers and then I’ll work on lighting and I’ll update you with some pictures.

We need more pictures of this truck from all angles. Looks awesome

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Damn that sucks. It really pisses me off at this point that SO many people are getting damaged caps. I know when mine was damaged they already had several others with damaged roofs... and I got mine in Nov.

They claim to have modified shipping/packaging. But the failure to adequately adapt to damaged product is staggering at this point. I’m thinking a lot of this has to do with the freight companies treating the caps like total garbage. These pass through so many hands and the last mile delivery drivers can be notoriously careless and irate with making residential deliveries.

How many people in just this thread have had damaged caps? Sure, we are enthusiasts... but still a small community compared to how many of these they must be shipping. Are the ones going to Tacomas and full size rigs also getting destroyed in transit?

Now, back to your cap specifically. That really is a minor amount of damage, all things considered. A body shop will be able to fix that VERY easily. I know it sucks to have a damaged cap arrive after spending nearly $4k and the long wait. But it will be 100% fine and it’s in a location that you’ll never even see after install.

I also ordered form Off-road Alliance and worked with Andy. He was great, for sure. @RSI North America Inc paid for the repairs to my roof panel, directly to the body shop of my choice. I wish I didn’t have to deal with it, but they made it really easy and were up front in getting it taken care of.

It’s a hassle to have to take it in to a shop on your own... but you’ll still end up with a great cap. I still believe these are the best designed and featured caps out there. It’s just a big logistics failure on the shipping aspect and lack of warranty parts/panels in the USA. We’re some of the first people to get these and it’s clear there are still significant hiccups in the supply chain.

Be sure to check your other panels like a hawk. I thought only my roof was damaged, only to fine my rear lift gate was also bent after/during assemble of the cap. Yeah, that sucked to find after taking my roof panel to a body shop and waiting for them to fix it. I would have sent the whole thing back if I’d found the other damage and gotten a refund or just gotten back in line for another cap.

I’m sure they will get it sorted out for you though. You’ll end up with a really great cap! That said, I think they should give us a discount on some accessories or something for the hassle ;)
Sponsored