First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Where does everyone with the RSI Kitchen mount their propane tanks?
I have 2 5 lb bottles on power tank mounts and attached to the bed rails...unistrut rails. I have decked drawers and let them sit flat on the deck.
Sponsored

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
Anyone mount maxtrax on the side door using the expedition essentials mount like this:

I'm curious if you you still have access to the hinges and which gas struts upgraded to?

Deleted member 28696

Anyone mount maxtrax on the side door using the expedition essentials mount like this:

I'm curious if you you still have access to the hinges and which gas struts upgraded to?
I did, I have an EVO-A RSI Smartcap so it’s not boxy like the Alum-cab they use in the demo which has more room to mount it higher. On the RSI it does cover the hinges with the boards in the mount. I don’t use the gullwing doors so it hasn’t been an issue. I mounted it with Riv nuts. Had to use carbide tipped bits to get through both layers of steel. Installed 8 per side. I purchased two 2-board mounts.

i didn’t upgrade the struts but I think in that video it says he used 120lb Gruden struts on his alum-cab. Not sure if they would fit RSI or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
I did, I have an EVO-A RSI Smartcap so it’s not boxy like the Alum-cab they use in the demo which has more room to mount it higher. On the RSI it does cover the hinges with the boards in the mount. I don’t use the gullwing doors so it hasn’t been an issue. I mounted it with Riv nuts. Had to use carbide tipped bits to get through both layers of steel. Installed 8 per side. I purchased two 2-board mounts.

i didn’t upgrade the struts but I think in that video it says he used 120lb Gruden struts on his alum-cab. Not sure if they would fit RSI or not?
pix?

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I ended up removing the tire from the top awhile ago. Shows the Maxtrax Mounts installed. One set per side 2-board mount. The mounts won’t work with Maxtrax extreme boards. I installed them over a weekend. Utilized my RSI rack & bungee cords to center the mount & mark it for drilling etc, acted as extra hands so I didn’t need an assist.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap A38F9101-A45D-48C5-891B-9250A6C43AA5

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 79E3481C-8AFE-46E0-AEED-E16F92F3D908

02AB2F45-3E3C-4D5E-A7C6-F8BAAC7A751D.jpeg

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Officially 4 months past so far in my wait. To bad offroadalliance doesn't pay interest on the money I paid them for this. My patience is being tested. I hope it arrives before winter. I wonder if I should just buy something else. Head spinning while waiting!

Deleted member 28696

Officially 4 months past so far in my wait. To bad offroadalliance doesn't pay interest on the money I paid them for this. My patience is being tested. I hope it arrives before winter. I wonder if I should just buy something else. Head spinning while waiting!
I’d call around to authorized RSI dealers. Got mine from accessories Inc in about two weeks time.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d call around to authorized RSI dealers. Got mine from accessories Inc in about two weeks time.
I called a couple last week and all they would say is they couldn't provide any delivery date, backorder, shipping delays, etc. so far nothing to make me want to get at the end of the line waiting. I think part of the problem is the lack of RSI dealers around AZ. 3 out of 4 that I talked to said they couldn't give any date but when it came in it would cost $750 to install and they wouldn't order it for me unless they installed it. Called one in Utah, they would install cheaper but again they had 10 waiting in front of me. I feel like debbie downer, but I can't seem to find a decent dealer.

Sponsored

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
I’m with you, we should get interest off our $4k, its just not right for them to take full pre payment and hold the money for 6-8 mo or more!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I mean be reasonable. Things are completely fucked right now across the board so all bets are off with any sort of time estimate because everyone is getting screwed from the stainless steel forge to the hinge and latch manufacturers to whomever else. You're not going to get any better anywhere else unless you get lucky and find one in stock that someone else walked away from.

It's a common practice to require prepayment whether it be a cap, bumper, or custom fab parts. If you don't want to wait then request your money back - I'm sure the company will be happy to flip the cap in a few months at the current price.

I went through the same thing when COVID kicked off trying to get my RLD. Sometimes you just have to wait it out.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean be reasonable. Things are completely fucked right now across the board so all bets are off with any sort of time estimate because everyone is getting screwed from the stainless steel forge to the hinge and latch manufacturers to whomever else. You're not going to get any better anywhere else unless you get lucky and find one in stock that someone else walked away from.

It's a common practice to require prepayment whether it be a cap, bumper, or custom fab parts. If you don't want to wait then request your money back - I'm sure the company will be happy to flip the cap in a few months at the current price.

I went through the same thing when COVID kicked off trying to get my RLD. Sometimes you just have to wait it out.
Honestly I am trying to be reasonable even though I know I am impatient.
RSI is sending shipping containers full of products to the US distributor. They are required to have a manifest. Therefore they know how many of each product is in containers on which ship that is headed here.
Since RSI knows what they are sending, then the distributor should know what is in transit.
They and the dealers simply need to talk to each other and reconcile how many of each product is expected to arrive and be allocated to that dealer.
The dealer is then able to look at what is expected and their list of orders and provide an estimate about the orders at the top of their list.
That should happen each month with each shipment that arrives. That is where the dealers are falling down IMO.

They don't appear to be making any effort to manage this difficult situation by providing the information that they should have or could get.

Even when containers are sitting in customs, the manifest is available, so I still think that they could do a better job of communicating to customers.
This doesn't mean anything arrives faster, but those of us waiting would have realistic estimates of how long the wait is likely to be.

Getting an estimate that keeps changing or is non-existent is what is creating these rants.
When I put in my order they told me 2 months. Two months later I was told one more month. After hitting the 3rd month I was told they have no idea. Real confidence builder. 4 full months in and I am waiting because I have no choice if I want this product, but my loyalty to the dealer is gone.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Information doesn't make your cap arrive any faster. The dealers should have an idea what they're receiving once the containers are loaded but they won't until that point. If you're being told August now, that's either a colossal fuck-up or, more likely, manufacturing hasn't kept up as planed with a hot product in times of extremely variable raw materials.

Consumers are fine blowing up a retailer every week with status updates, but business doesn't work like that in the current climate. When mine was loaded in the container I received a notification and a container tracking number. From that point it was still 6 weeks on an estimated 15 day transit because it got held up in China and again at the US port. Those were the only two updates I was given and likely the only two received by the retailer.

Your cap is coming and while I get not knowing sucks, it will get to you when it gets to you. If you don't like that model then buy from a fully US distributor like ARE. This is as much a cultural thing for SA than anything.

Last edited:

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
RSI themselves told me august/September based on order details. We shall see. It is what it is at this point and as long as I get it before winter I will be happy.

Hell the store was sold out if 3 shelves of soy sauce today🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored